Weak Foot Accuracy: 6
Weak Foot Frequency: 6
Consistency: 4
Growth type: Standard

CARDS:

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Defence Minded

INFO:
Batirerega is a former left-back who could also play as defensive midfielder. He began his career at Lautoka. He then spent seven seasons at Ba. He gained international recognition during the 1990s as he capped for Fiji several times, especially in the later part of the decade, and captained the national team. He scored for Fiji at least twice. Considered a legend in his country and one of most talented Fijian players in his prime, Batirerega was a mostly defensive player, distinguished by his class, skills, body movement, footwork and vision of the game that allowed him to have an amazing career as utility player. He was left-footed but comfortable with the right foot too. His trademark move was pulling the ball back using the inside of his foot while facing an opponent one-on-one.

Last edited by Interista93 on Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:47 pm

Quote:
Regarded As The Next Lote Delai
Lorima Batirerega: Lautoka , Suva , Ba
The lanky Left Defender was a class of his own. His body movement, footwork and Skills was amazing . He could use both feet and one of his favourite move was pulling the ball back using his inside feet while in play to beat opponents. He style was similar to Lote Delai and many thought next Lote Delai was in the making . He rose from the ranks of playing Fiji Youth to Fiji National Team . Started with Lautoka and had a short stint with Suva before joining the mighty Ba side where he helped the Men in Black to win couple tournaments.
Q: Anyways You played for 3 districts Lautoka , Suva and Ba - if you could tell more where you enjoyed and was satisfied? Also what you won , briefly?
Lorima Batirerega in his own words :
“I would say, I was lucky to play with some of the best in country ,but I won’t forget Lautoka cause that’s where I started at the age of 16 playing for Press with well known players and ltka I was really small but I was lucky to be selected in the Lautoka team and playing against John Monday ,Choy,Sam work ,Hendry Dyer , Kelemedi Vosuga Cheetah and many more I think that’s where I build my confidence,and to be selected to captain ltka at the young age at the BOG in. Lautoka was a big thing for me especially older players were there,I won lots of trophy for Ba and even scoring goals as well but I can’t remember the years bro.
And to be playing along side you in Tahiti was a dream come true for me cause I always admire you with your skills confidence with the ball and beautiful goals you scored as well.
Lorima Batirerega settled in Ba, works for Water Authority Fiji , he is a huge fan of New Zealand All Blacks rugby team and Liverpool football team as well. His younger son , his namesake is following his footsteps and will be joining Fiji U-20 team soon. Plays right midfield and striker.
Lorima Batirerega will be regarded as one of the best Left footer utility player to come out of Lautoka and to reach National Team.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/R7Chaudhary/po ... xd7V543ifl

Short interview with him: https://www.facebook.com/nzffi/videos/711214260719268

Spoiler: show
Fiji in 2000, he's third from right in the standing row.

Another pic from him nowadays.

Judging by those pics he looks quite tall, maybe stuff like BB/AGI/HEA could be adapted a bit.

Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:16 pm

Thanks mate for the pic and the info! I set SB as main position and increased BB, AGI and HEA. He's indeed the tallest in the picture, probably close to 180 cm.

Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:41 pm

Shouldn't WFA and WFF be higher based on the info? I don't think that's a skill that changes at different levels of the game, it comes naturally, like being able to write with both hands.

Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:27 am

StuartBannigan wrote:
Shouldn't WFA and WFF be higher based on the info? I don't think that's a skill that changes at different levels of the game, it comes naturally, like being able to write with both hands.

I guess it makes sense. I'll set both on 6.

Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]