Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Balanced

INFO:
1923-1926 Pro Vercelli 50 (25)
1926-1927 Genoa 22 (3)
1927-1928 Foggia 14 (6)
1928-1931 Genoa 13 (5)

National Team [Italy] (1924) 1 (0)

Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:49 pm

I found a photo of Foggia at the end of the 1920s and Rosso was in that squad. I believe I figured out who he was, even though I'm not completely sure. If I guessed though, I think he was a bit more than 170 cm tall and wasn't really thin − which wouldn't be strange for the period. In fact, I read a match report where he was described as small and thick. I'd go for 173 cm and 75 kg.
He played 21 matches in 1923-24, 23 in 1924-25, only 6 in 1925-26. The era has to be 1923-1925 and COND 7 is off. It should be on 6.
He was a scorer inside-forward, even though his scoring number isn't sure. I read both 11 and 25 goals for Pro Vercelli but after reading all the reports from the first two seasons, I can say that he scored around 10 goals. Therefore 11 is probably correct. So his shooting stats are probably fine but I'd give him SP 81. I didn't read about powerful shots from the distance but rather normal ones from the box.
Considering his playstyle, his main task was setting up the play, advance and eventually score. He had good motor skills and never gave up, even in the heaviest fields. Therefore he could help a lot during the defensive phase but it's said that when he did that, he had to track back a bit. This means that his natural position was advanced compared to a standard central midfielder. So in my opinion AMF should be added as main position, while CMF should be the secondary one. In fact, he was praised for his constistency and mentality. So CONS is fine but MEN may go up by 1 to balance with STA, which is off on 87. Yes, the fact he tracked back may make think that he had great stamina but I didn't read anything about it. It would be even more off for an AMF of that period.
He used many times to attract the defence on him and then pass the ball to an unmarked teammate, who most times hit the ball with the head. This makes me think that he needs Dummy Runner − which would fit the AMF position − and that he sent more long passes than short ones. While he didn't seem too fast though, he seemed rather a player who hold the ball, dribbled a bit, while waiting for a teammate to be in the box. So ATT should be on high green at least because he was effective in attack as playmaker and his AGG should be on high green as well because I wouldn't make it higher than ATT. His TS and ACC could be on 80-81, while his AGI may be on 81-82. His DA and TEC may go up by 1. I'd switch SPA with LPA, while SPS and LPS should be both on low green because his passes didn't seem fast or powerful. At this point, I'd add also the card Passer and special abilities Playmaking and Passing. Centre is definitely off.
I don't see a player from the 1920s with that CUR, unless it was written somewhere. The same goes for HEA and JUM, which are completely off and should be on low white at max. I'm not sure about RES either since he wasn't a player who used to recover balls. It could be on high green.
Since the age should be 25-27 and after he left Pro Vercelli, his career immediately had a downfall, his Growth/Type should be Early/Peak.

Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]