Growth Type: Standard/Lasting

CARDS:
S03: 1-on-1 Finish
P13: Goal Poacher
P19: Fox in the Box

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Positioning - Scoring - 1 on 1 Scoring - Lines

Attack / Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO:

Slobodan Santrac is possibly the greatest Serbian striker in history. He started his career in OFK Beograd in 1965., stayed until 1974. and scoring 604 goals in 623 matches. Then he moved to Swiss Grasshoppers (66 goals in 96 matches), then went back to OFK Beograd for a season, after which he moved to Partizan Belgrade (72 goald in 103 matches). He ended his career in Galenika where he scored 88 goals in 117 matches.

He was player whose only job on the field was to score goals. He didn't try any attractive moves and dribblings, always trying to run off defenders and score goal. It was the only thing he was doing, but he was doing it fantastic. His goals weren't beautiful or powerful, but they were very precise, and he was scoring them with both legs, even with his head although he was small. He could score a goal from every place in the penalty area, with several defenders on his back.

Although he was the greatest striker, he didn't play much for national team, possibly because he wasn't playeng for one of the Yugoslav "big four" when he was at the top of his form. He got 8 caps, scoring only one goal.

Total amout of goals in his career is 1301, putting him side-by-side with greatest strikers in history - Arthur Friedenreich, Josef Bican, Pele...

Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:40 am

Goodbye scoring machine, the Yugoslav version of Gerd Müller..

RIP, нека ти је вецна слава :(

Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:44 pm
Profile WWW

Many people don't know but Santrač ran 100 meters in under 11 seconds. He was incredibly fast and explosive. I think acceleration can go as high as 88 and top speed at 85.

Besides this, I feel like his heading ability is underrated and comparing to others is at least 87. I mean he was a type of player such as Gerd Muller, Rossi Inzaghi etc and scored goals with both feet but also with his head (even shoulders). I guess that out of those 1301 goals more than a fair amount came from a header :)
That's also why his shot accuracy should go at 93 (1 point above Bajevic, on par with Suker) but still enough lower than the historically best strikers who are above 94, 95..

In addition, I would lower stamina to 79, shot power to 80 or 81 and technique to 80.

The only ability I'm unsure of are his free kicks. I feel we can leave them as it is until someone can confirm or deny this value, but I would go with FKA 67.

Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]