CARDS:
P13 - Goal Poacher
S01 - Marauding
S05 - 1-touch Play
S15 - Shoulder Feint Skills

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Tactical Dribble - Reaction - Scoring - Lines - 1-touch Play

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO:
Melli is a former centre forward. He spent most of his career at Parma, playing from 1985 to 1994 ─ excluding a short spell at Modena in 1988 ─ and from 1995 to 1997, for a total of 74 goals in 301 matches. He won with the Gialloblu the 1991-92 Italian Cup, the 1992-93 Cup Winners' Cup and the 1993 UEFA Supercup. He played also for Sampdoria, Milan, Perugia and Ancona, retiring in 2001. He capped twice for Italy in 1993.
At first compared to Paolo Rossi, Melli was a very good and opportunist striker, who could've done more in his career but had his peak early. He could use both feet, possessed excellent technique and dribbling, quickness of execution and great speed, especially on progression. He was reactive, very effective inside the box as much as he was outside. He was a great header and could score spectacular goals with volley, long rangers and first time ─ often hitting the ball while sliding. He wasn't only a scorer but also a provider of goals, who could deliver good crosses. He sometimes moved outside the box to attract the defenders or stayed even less advanced to help in the build of the attacking play.

Last edited by Interista93 on Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:43 pm

I agree with most stats. He didn't have great balance, he had incredible acceleration, a decent passing ability for a centre forward, his mentality was green worthy but nothing more. I'd make just a few small changes.
His FKA can go down since he wasn't a piece taker nor he scored from free kick.
His shots don't seem that powerful to deserve almost orange value.
Both dribbling and heading are underrated for me. In this video https://youtu.be/TteWG1DSrwg you can see that he scored several goals with the head, especially in the first part, and some of them are quite pretty.
Therefore I'd suggest: DA 83, DS 84, SP 86, FKA, max 68, HEA 83.

Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:49 pm

Does he really need yellow value for TMW? From watching this highlight video and the stats/description he reminds me a bit of players like Aubameyang: either in the right position to score or getting the ball, running and then scoring. But I what I don't saw (at least not in the video) that he was extraordinary involved in the buildup of his goals. Maybe he was better in this aspect than the video makes him look like but only by watching this I would even consider low green value generous for him.
Regarding his scoring abilities I can only agree with what Interista said above. Except from those three screamers most of his goals came either from headers or those volley goals. Actually this impressed me the most about him: His ability to produce dangerous shots with both feet despite having only small space to move. Therefore I'd reduce SP, remove Middle Shooting and actually raise ST to highlight this ability even more. HEA should also be higher, at least 83, probably even 84 considering his ability to place the ball and giving it good power with his head.
What I'd disagree about is to raise DA here: He had excellent ball control (collecting the ball from a cross, controlling it and then shooting) but I didn't see any special dribbling moves from him here.
And before I forget it: Growth Type should be Early/Peak and era probably 1989-1993 since his performances already began to drop during the 1993-94 season.
Anyway, I'm certainly not the biggest Parma expert so feedback/suggestions from others is surely appreciated here ;)

Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:30 pm

Updated.

Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]