S17 - Flip Flap Skills
S18 - Turning Skills
P03 - Trickster
P07 - Early Cross
P15 - Free Roaming

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Dribbling - Playmaking - Passing - Penalties

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO:

Dejan Petković is a Serbian football player. In Serbia, che's widely known under the nickname Rambo while in Brazil he is known as Pet. He has played seven times for the FR Yugoslav national team, having scored one goal.

His playing career started in 1988 at Radnički Niš. He became the youngest player ever to play an official match in the history of old Yugoslav First League, debuting on September 25, 1988 when he was 16 years and 15 days old, against Željezničar Sarajevo. Until nowadays, Petković helps his first club,[3] which has since then fallen on hard times.

In July 1992, Petković was bought by Red Star Belgrade. Though not even 20 years of age yet, he arrived with a reputation as a skilled technical playmaker. Since bona fide stars such as Dejan Savićević, Darko Pančev, Vladimir Jugović, and Siniša Mihajlović left the club during the same summer, young Petković was thrown into the mix right away by new head coach Milan Živadinović, appearing in 30 league matches and scoring 5 goals in his first season in Belgrade. He ended up staying with Red Star until December 1995 (three and a half seasons), winning two Yugoslav First League titles. His transfer to Real Madrid was principally agreed during summer 1995, but Red Star decided to hang on to him for the 1995–96 UEFA Cup where the club expected to do well after finally being allowed back on the European scene following years of sporting sanctions under UN trade embargo. However, Red Star got upset by Swiss club Neuchâtel Xamax in the preliminary round.

In December 1995. Petković joined the Spanish giants Real Madrid. Playing under head coach Jorge Valdano, Rambo was not able to earn a regular playing spot, appearing only in 3 league matches (as a sub in all three) before being loaned out to Sevilla where he finished out the 1995-1996 La Liga season and to Racing de Santander in 1997. He had briefly returned to Real until 1997 when he was discovered by the Brazilian football club Vitória in a friendly tournament where both teams (Real with his B side) played,[3] along with Real Mallorca and Flamengo.

He joined Vitória along with Bebeto and Túlio Costa, the three signed for the club thanks to the sponsorship of Banco Excel.[4] In the rubro-negro baiano he started his successful Brazilian career, winning two Bahia State Championships and a Copa do Nordeste. He stayed until 1999 at Vitória.

In 1999 he moved to Venezia but failed to succeed, quickly returning to Brazil, where he joined Flamengo. In Flamengo his skills were fundamental in helping the team win the last two titles of the historic three in a row series against arch-rivals Vasco, from 1999 to 2001. One Flamengo supporter was quoted saying that "his amazing 89th minute free kick goal in the 2001 final match, which granted the title to Flamengo, shall never be forgotten". One month later, another free kick goal by Petkovic, against São Paulo, allowed Flamengo to win the Copa dos Campeões and return to Copa Libertadores next year. Hugely popular at the time, he was known as "Pet" by the supporters.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:17 pm

I followed the whole career of Petkovic in Brazil, from Vitoria until his last stay in Flamengo and for sure he was a great player but not as he is being represented here. He looks very overrated here.

Also, the stats doesnt match so much with his gameplay. For example, his nickname used to be Rambo in the beggining of his path because he was stronger than the others. For sure he developed earlier and got that advantage but he is far to became a non physical player after that. Thats why I wouldnt give him 77 of balance.

In general I would lower the others stats accordingly with his prime era attributes.

Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:26 am
Profile WWW

Here are my thoughts about Petkovic:

Attack: 82
Defence: 41
Balance: 79
Stamina: 78
Top Speed: 76
Acceleration: 83
Response: 79
Agility: 83
Dribble Accuracy: 83
Dribble Speed: 81
Short Pass Accuracy: 81
Short Pass Speed: 83
Long Pass Accuracy: 85
Long Pass Speed: 83
Shot Accuracy: 81
Shot Power: 83
Shot Technique: 86
Free Kick Accuracy: 93
Swerve: 95
Header: 69
Jump: 71
Technique: 84
Aggression: 80
Mentality: 78
Keeper Skills 50
Team Work: 83

Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:41 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Here are my thoughts about Petkovic:

Attack: 82
Defence: 41
Balance: 79
Stamina: 78
Top Speed: 76
Acceleration: 83
Response: 79
Agility: 83
Dribble Accuracy: 83
Dribble Speed: 81
Short Pass Accuracy: 81
Short Pass Speed: 83
Long Pass Accuracy: 85
Long Pass Speed: 83
Shot Accuracy: 81
Shot Power: 83
Shot Technique: 86
Free Kick Accuracy: 93
Swerve: 95
Header: 69
Jump: 71
Technique: 84
Aggression: 80
Mentality: 78
Keeper Skills 50
Team Work: 83

One "advice" from me, not just for this topic but for making stats in general: Explain why you think that changes should be made. Provide a small info text, show videos, use other players as comparision. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your effort but it's hard to do something based on your thoughts when there's no explanation behind them..

Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:21 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
One "advice" from me, not just for this topic but for making stats in general: Explain why you think that changes should be made. Provide a small info text, show videos, use other players as comparision. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your effort but it's hard to do something based on your thoughts when there's no explanation behind them..

Right! It is fair. I replied to you by pm with explanations about the players I made so far.

Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:17 pm
Profile WWW

WFA and WFF should both be 8. He was a true ambidextrous player.

Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]