It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Dragan PANTELIĆ 1979-1982 

Ildeput's stats updated with suggestions from Kolektivitet

Name : Dragan Pantelić

Nickname : "La panthère de Radnički"

Club: Radnički Niš (1979-1980) | Girondins de Bordeaux (1981-1982)
Position: GK
Side: RF/BS

Height: 185 cm
Weight: 79 kg

Attack: 30
Defence: 91
Balance: 83
Stamina: 69
Top Speed: 70
Acceleration: 72
Response: 94
Agility: 82
Dribble Accuracy: 53
Dribble Speed: 55
Short Pass Accuracy: 62
Short Pass Speed: 65
Long Pass Accuracy: 67
Long Pass Speed: 72
Shot Accuracy: 69
Shot Power: 90
Shot Technique: 68
Free Kick Accuracy: 45
Curling: 55
Header: 50
Jump: 87
Technique: 60
Aggression: 65
Mentality: 82
Goalkeeper Skills: 89
Team Work: 74

Injury Tolerance: A
Condition: 7
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 4
Consistency: 8
Growth Type: Standard/Lasting

CARDS:
S04 - PK Taker
S11 - Penalty Saver
S12 - 1-on-1 Keeper

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Penalties - Penalty Stopper - 1-On-1 Stopper

Attack/Defence Awareness: Defence-Minded

Last edited by ildeput on Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:12 am

Rest in peace.

Počivaj u miru legendo jugoslovenskog i srpskog fudbala. :(

Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:50 am

Very sad news. Added a better picture when he was playing in Bordeaux team.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:20 pm

I feel this set makes Pantelic undervalued in a certain way, since he is considered at par with Maric and Curkovic, and a bit better than Olja Petrovic and Simovic.

His clearing out technique and speed with which he does it is great, often jumping into the player, as well as his catching ability (he was even catching balls with one hand). Extremely flexible, his reflexes were pretty impressive, also his verticality (full extension) was often highlighted - which could be seen very often in the Bordeaux videos.
Regarding his skills in defense, Pantelic was considered a leader, with very strong authority and highly temperamental. He was also a pretty steady and safe goalkeeper, rarely (if at all) receiving clumsy or stupid goals.

Of course, the known facts are that he was a great penalty kick taker and his goal from the whole field vs Enver Maric is already a legendary one (not on purpose though)...but it adds to his ball strike ability, which was overpowered - he even broke an arm with his shot to a journalist that came to interview him. Besides penalties, he sometimes acted as a "third back", so it was pretty safe to return the ball back to him.

They say that his flaws were exactly his rebellious and temperamental attitude and that maybe he didn't have enough "big" games. Although this didn't stop him to be the leading goalkeeper for the European XI teams, and that the mighty Franz Beckenbauer went all over the field just to have a chat with Dragan (ignoring Tresor, Giresse, Tigana on his way...). After all, we are talking about one of the top 10 goalkeepers in Yugoslav football history.

So, based on all of this, these would be my suggestions:

Attack: 30->40
Defence: 82-> 91 - must be much higher, I don't feel he was below Maric or Curkovic
Response: 90-> 94 - again, Curkovic and Maric are at 95, so is Soskic; Dragan is at least at 93,94 with his responses
Agility: 80->82
Short Pass Accuracy: 57->62
Short Pass Speed: 60->65
Long Pass Accuracy: 63->67
Long Pass Speed: 66->72
Aggression: 60->65
Mentality: 72-> deffinitely higher mentality than Ilija Pantelic for example (his mentality is at 75), but should be at least in the 80-84 value
Goalkeeper Skills: 85->89 - I feel that 88 or 89 is a fair skill for one of the top goalkeepers in the early 80s, and the #1 in the WC1982 for Yugoslavia

Injury Tolerance: B-> could be A, he didn't have any injuries in this period 79-82
Condition: 5->7 -> all 3 seasons he played 32 matches per season
Consistency: 5->8 -> i feel it should be at 8, again, taking into account all info from above. For example, Maric was not actually worthy of an 8 in my opinion, so i don't see why Pantelic shouldn't have it as well.

Add card:
S12 - 1-on-1 Keeper

Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:24 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks friend for your propositions.
I made this set based on the qualifying matches for the 1982 World Cup, the matches of the competition and the confrontation in the European cup against Hamburg in 1981/1982. After reflection, I must admit that this first attempt was underatted. The only point where I'm not agree remain the attacking capacity which I do not see at 40.For mentality, i put initially a low lewel because he was quite inconstant with Bordeaux, but undoubtedly stronger with the national team, which deserved better during the 82 World Cup given the quality of the players

On your advice, if you're agree, I would make the following proposal:

Name : Dragan Pantelić

Nickname : "La panthère de Radnički"

Club: Radnički Niš (1979-1980) | Girondins de Bordeaux (1981-1982)
Position: GK
Side: RF/BS

Height: 185 cm
Weight: 79 kg

Attack: 30
Defence: 91
Balance: 83
Stamina: 69
Top Speed: 70
Acceleration: 72
Response: 94
Agility: 82
Dribble Accuracy: 53
Dribble Speed: 55
Short Pass Accuracy: 62
Short Pass Speed: 65
Long Pass Accuracy: 67
Long Pass Speed: 72
Shot Accuracy: 69
Shot Power: 90
Shot Technique: 68
Free Kick Accuracy: 45
Curling: 55
Header: 50
Jump: 87
Technique: 60
Aggression: 65
Mentality: 82
Goalkeeper Skills: 89
Team Work: 74

Injury Tolerance: A
Condition: 7
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 4
Consistency: 8
Growth Type: Standard/Lasting

CARDS:
S04 - PK Taker
S11 - Penalty Saver
S12 - 1-on-1 Keeper

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Penalties - Penalty Stopper - 1-On-1 Stopper

Attack/Defence Awareness: Defence-Minded

Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:56 am

It's sometimes a subject of overestimating his skills, because of the lack of footage from Radnicki Nis who weren't a part of the Yugoslav big 4 clubs, and this can be a statement against him, but in my opinion - this can be a slightly closer set that reflects him and his skills. Of course, all of the major values (GK skills, Defence and Response..) are still debatable, if anyone watched him feel free to add some comments. But i would guess it's a matter of 1-2 points max down. I appreciate it, Ildeput :)

Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:31 pm
Profile WWW

Kolektivitet wrote:
I feel this set makes Pantelic undervalued in a certain way, since he is considered at par with Maric and Curkovic, and a bit better than Olja Petrovic and Simovic.

His clearing out technique and speed with which he does it is great, often jumping into the player, as well as his catching ability (he was even catching balls with one hand). Extremely flexible, his reflexes were pretty impressive, also his verticality (full extension) was often highlighted - which could be seen very often in the Bordeaux videos.
Regarding his skills in defense, Pantelic was considered a leader, with very strong authority and highly temperamental. He was also a pretty steady and safe goalkeeper, rarely (if at all) receiving clumsy or stupid goals.

Of course, the known facts are that he was a great penalty kick taker and his goal from the whole field vs Enver Maric is already a legendary one (not on purpose though)...but it adds to his ball strike ability, which was overpowered - he even broke an arm with his shot to a journalist that came to interview him. Besides penalties, he sometimes acted as a "third back", so it was pretty safe to return the ball back to him.

They say that his flaws were exactly his rebellious and temperamental attitude and that maybe he didn't have enough "big" games. Although this didn't stop him to be the leading goalkeeper for the European XI teams, and that the mighty Franz Beckenbauer went all over the field just to have a chat with Dragan (ignoring Tresor, Giresse, Tigana on his way...). After all, we are talking about one of the top 10 goalkeepers in Yugoslav football history.

So, based on all of this, these would be my suggestions:

Attack: 30->40
Defence: 82-> 91 - must be much higher, I don't feel he was below Maric or Curkovic
Response: 90-> 94 - again, Curkovic and Maric are at 95, so is Soskic; Dragan is at least at 93,94 with his responses
Agility: 80->82
Short Pass Accuracy: 57->62
Short Pass Speed: 60->65
Long Pass Accuracy: 63->67
Long Pass Speed: 66->72
Aggression: 60->65
Mentality: 72-> deffinitely higher mentality than Ilija Pantelic for example (his mentality is at 75), but should be at least in the 80-84 value
Goalkeeper Skills: 85->89 - I feel that 88 or 89 is a fair skill for one of the top goalkeepers in the early 80s, and the #1 in the WC1982 for Yugoslavia

Injury Tolerance: B-> could be A, he didn't have any injuries in this period 79-82
Condition: 5->7 -> all 3 seasons he played 32 matches per season
Consistency: 5->8 -> i feel it should be at 8, again, taking into account all info from above. For example, Maric was not actually worthy of an 8 in my opinion, so i don't see why Pantelic shouldn't have it as well.

Add card:
S12 - 1-on-1 Keeper

Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]