Weak Foot Frequency: 6
Consistency: 5
Growth Type: Standard/Lasting

CARDS:
P19 - Fox In The Box
S05 - 1-touch Play

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Positioning - Scoring - 1-touch Play

Attack/Defence Awareness: Attack-Minded

Last edited by ildeput on Sun May 12, 2024 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:09 pm

This guy was a 35 year old alcoholic who had ended his club career over a year before this, and yet he has Condition 5 and pretty decent physical stats. I’m aware he’s considered one of the best Honduran strikers (despite only being an average scorer in Spain’s second tier) but these stats make no sense.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:22 am

I think you are being unfair to my work. I took the precaution of looking at these articles before making the set:

1-https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Urquía
Jorge Urquía was part of the Honduras national team in 1980, which later qualified for the 1982 World Cup in Spain. Urquía won the 1981 Nations Championship held in his country but was not in the World Cup squad.

At first, many fans and the sports press questioned Urquía's abilities and his call-up to the national team by coach José de la Paz Herrera due to his age.But Urquía proved everyone wrong and was an important piece in every match of this pre-World Cup competition, having contributed greatly to Honduras participation in their first senior World Cup.

2-https://www.elheraldo.hn/deportes/carlos-pavon-el-indio-urquia-y-carlo-costly-tres-cracks-que-volvieron-DUEH1102155#image-1

In 1981, when Honduran coach Chelato Uclès was preparing the team ahead of Spain's 1982 World Cup qualifier at Concacaf in Tegucigalpa, he was still missing a decisive player.

Fans were demanding the return of Jorge el Indio Urquía, a striker formerly of Alavés and Mallorca of Spain, who had his glory in the "H" between 68 and 75, but whom many already considered finished in 81 by his personal disorder and his taste for alcohol.

However, at the age of 33, Urquía returned to become a Hondurian idol and in the pre-World Cup he became the tournament's best player and top scorer. His goals allowed the "H" to qualify for the World Cup in Spain.

3-https://www.laprensa.hn/deportes/desafie-a-ismael-tiene-dudas-o-consultas-escribanos-GDLP555289

Chelato Ucles called Jorge Urquia to the national team when he was already retired. When he watched him during Jorge Brandt's farewell match between Olimpia and retired national team players, he found that he had retained his skills, as defenders such as Alan Costly and Jaime Villegas had problems stopping him. He played all five of Tegucigalpa's Concacaf matches in 1981 and scored one goal.

4-https://www.elheraldo.hn/entretenimiento/chelato-ucles-el-tecnico-y-el-humanista-AXEH1461634

I asked him (Chelato Ucles) why he had summoned the Indian Urquía for the 1982 World Cup process, the answer was that of an intellectual: "Well, look, you work in an art school and you will understand me, I summoned you because of your great mobility in space, mobility
of Urquía is like the speed of the brushstrokes of the impressionist painters, Urquía has gained space
like Monet reached space with color."

In the end, despite his retirement and his problems, this player was able to mobilize to reach a good level.In the video associated with the set, when he comes into play against El Salvador (1h33'13"), he is not ridiculous.

The set is probably too high for some values, and I propose this new version, but I do not agree that it was making no sense.

Sun May 12, 2024 6:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]