Captain: Zico | Domingos da Guia | Zizinho
Short free kick: Zico | Júnior
Long free kick: Júnior
Free kick 2: Zizinho
Right corner: Zico | Júnior
Left corner: Zico | Júnior
Penalty: Zico | Romário | Júnior

INFO:

Last edited by Interista93 on Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:36 am, edited 11 times in total.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Bola Clássica wrote:
So, what about Francisco Reyes replacing Charles Guerreiro?

Reyes was in his peak while playing for Flamengo and I particulary watched the whole Charles' carrer and he was not more than a hardworking player. I even prefer Athirson than him in terms of performance.

Guerreiro played more in four years than Reyes did in seven. Also, Reyes wasn't in a successful Flamengo side that ended in the lower part of the ranking in six seasons out of seven.
However, Athirson is probably a better choice than Guerreiro since he won more titles including two Série A and played more games.

Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:54 pm

Diego's link is broken

Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:29 pm
Profile WWW

Arrascaeta missing is getting bigger with time. He is one of a few players that still playing very well during the currently crisis in Flamengo. He is one of the most regular player in the group since 2019.

Also, I take the opportunity to tell you guys he will be an interesting player to watch during the World Cup if he keeps his level until there.

Suggestion for Arrascaeta to be in: Durval Junqueira out and Zinho among the forwards, so Arrascaeta can enter in the midfield.

Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:42 pm
Profile WWW

What crisis? :shock:

Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:46 pm

5 consecutives runners-up, Jorge Jesus' widows and coach's team against players polemics. Also, the team doesnt play according to their superiority in Brazil for a long time (no relevant titles last year).

The atmosphere is heavy there in Ninho do Ububu. We gonna see soon a fired international coach or some players out (many of them are not playing anymore, as Diego Alves and Diego Ribas).

Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:24 pm
Profile WWW

May i suggest Fio Maravilha to reserves?

https://pt.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fio_Maravilha

Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:46 pm

guilermerr wrote:
May i suggest Fio Maravilha to reserves?

https://pt.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fio_Maravilha

No way. Fio was a kind of Obina from the old times.

Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:02 pm
Profile WWW

in fact the comparison is valid. I only suggested it because apparently, despite his technical shortcomings, he was idolized by the crowd (just like Obina LOL). Anyway, I think it would be nice for some creator to do his stats. He's a folk player! Here's the suggestion!

Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:18 am

I have here some suggestions to be discussed (changes in bold):

GK:
JÚLIO CÉSAR (286 GAMES)
RAUL PLASSMANN

DF:
DOMINGOS DA GUIA
JORDAN
JORGINHO
JÚNIOR
LEANDRO
RONDINELLI (406 GAMES, 5 CAPS)
MOZER

MF:
ADÍLIO (also play as left winger)
ANDRADE (570 GAMES, 13 CAPS)
CARLINHOS VIOLINO (517 GAMES, 1 CAP)
Dejan PETKOVIĆ (198 GAMES, 1 Brazilian title protagonist)
Paulo César CARPEGIANI
DEQUINHA (374 GAMES, 7 CAPS)
ZICO

AT:
BEBETO (151 GOALS IN 307 GAMES)
DIDA
JOEL (116 GOALS IN 414 GAMES, can play both wingers, mainly right)
LEÔNIDAS DA SILVA
GABRIEL BARBOSA (127 GOALS IN 197 GAMES, still playing, can play both wingers if needed)
ROMÁRIO
ZIZINHO

-------------------------------

GK:
CANTARELI
GILMAR RINALDI
Sinforiano GARCÍA (276 GAMES)
ZÉ CARLOS

DF:
ATHIRSON (255 GAMES, 5 CAPS)
NEWTON CANEGAL (389 GAMES, 7 CAPS)
JADIR (499 GAMES, 6 CAPS)
JUAN (1982) (256 GAMES, 2 CAPS)
JÚNIOR BAIANO (264 GAMES, 25 CAPS)
LÉO MOURA (519 GAMES, 1 CAP)
LEONARDO (178 GAMES, 60 CAPS)
PAULO HENRIQUE (437 GAMES, 10 CAPS)
PAVÃO (357 GAMES, 4 CAPS)
RODRIGUES NETO (439 GAMES, 19 CAPS)
MARINHO (219 GAMES, 2 CAPS)
TONINHO BAIANO (241 GAMES, 17 CAPS)

MF:
BIGUÁ (390 GAMES, 6 CAPS)
Modesto BRÍA (369 GAMES)
Giorgian DE ARRASCAETA
DIEGO
ÉVERTON RIBEIRO
GÉRSON
JAIME DE ALMEIDA (1920) (344 GAMES, 15 CAPS)
LIMINHA (513 GAMES)
MOACIR (226 GAMES, 6 CAPS)
RENATO ABREU (271 GAMES, 1 CAP)
RUBENS (170 GAMES, 2 CAPS)
ZINHO (466 GAMES)

AT:
BRUNO HENRIQUE (79 GOALS IN 178 GAMES)
EVARISTO (103 GOALS in 191 GAMES, 13 CAPS, it would be more if he had continued playing in Brazil)
HENRIQUE FRADE (216 GOALS in 412 GAMES, 4 CAPS)
NUNES (99 GOALS IN 214 GAMES)
ÍNDIO (142 GOALS in 218 GAMES, 7 CAPS)
JARBAS (154 GOALS in 381 GAMES, 4 CAPS)
Narciso DOVAL (92 GOALS IN 263 GAMES, 5 CAPS - ARG)
RENATO GAÚCHO (68 GOALS IN 213 GAMES, 44 CAPS, best player of the 4th Flamengo's Brazilian Championship)

Sylvio PIRILLO (204 GOALS in 236 GAMES, 5 CAPS)
SÁVIO (261 GAMES)
TITA (391 GAMES)
ZAGALLO (30 GOALS IN 217 GAMES)

OUT:
DURVAL (127 GOALS IN 133 GAMES, 0 CAP) not DURVAL JUNQUEIRA (82 GOALS IN 103 GAMES)
NONÔ (123 GOALS IN 143 GAMES, 1 CAP) 

ICONIC PLAYERS CONSIDERED BUT DOESNT FIT IN THE CRITERIAS:
ADRIANO (45 GOALS IN 92 GAMES, 1 Brazillian title protagonist)
FILIPE LUÍS (133 GAMES, 44 CAPS, still playing)
RODRIGO CAIO (139 GAMES, 5 CAPS, absolute starter of the second best club's generation, still playing)
Francisco REYES (197 GAMES, great team's reference during a not so good period of the club)

PS: XI starters: Dequinha out, Andrade in

Last edited by Bola Clássica on Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:35 pm
Profile WWW

Júlio César played regularly from 2000 to 2004, winning some local titles and a Copa dos Campeões (I don't know how important this trophy should be considered) in this period. García was crucial in three consecutive Campeonato Carioca wins between 1953 and 1955. In addition, we can see that Júlio César suffered 381 goals in 273 matches while García 364 in 276. Even in this matter García is better even if just slightly.

It's true that Rondinelli has nearly 200 appearances more than Marinho but the latter played a major role in three Série A title winning seasons, in the 1981 Copa Libertadores and Intercontinental Cup.

The only changes I can agree about are João Nunes and Zagallo in the reserves. However, I'm not sure about Petković in the first team.

Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:49 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Júlio César played regularly from 2000 to 2004, winning some local titles and a Copa dos Campeões (I don't know how important this trophy should be considered) in this period. García was crucial in three consecutive Campeonato Carioca wins between 1953 and 1955. In addition, we can see that Júlio César suffered 381 goals in 273 matches while García 364 in 276. Even in this matter García is better even if just slightly.

It's true that Rondinelli has nearly 200 appearances more than Marinho but the latter played a major role in three Série A title winning seasons, in the 1981 Copa Libertadores and Intercontinental Cup.

The only changes I can agree about are João Nunes and Zagallo in the reserves. However, I'm not sure about Petković in the first team.

Júlio César was stucked in one of the worst periods of the club, that's why you will see a difference of titles between him and others GK's (reason why he suffered more goals too).

Anyway, I can tell you that Júlio César is one of the reasons that Flamengo was never relegated in serie A (that is a reason of proud for the Flamengo's supporters, as only 3 Brazilian clubs were never relegated in history).

They are very equal in history indeed. The reason I chose Júlio César is because he was an overall better goalkeeper.

Marinho wasnt a crucial member of the team. In the other hand, Rondinelli was an important member of the team, scoring the title's goal in 1978 (first title of the third "tri" in Flamengo's history), he is by far much more well regarded by Flamengo's fans than Marinho. It is like, Rondinelli is a iconic player of a not so succesful period of Flamengo and Marinho is a player that was there during the most succesful Flamengo's era. Anyway, Rondinelli was there in 81 (Libertadores title) and in one Brazilian Championship title (1980). Also, I believe Rondinelli was a better player than Marinho.

I chose Petkovic considering that I couldnt find any other player who could fulfill better that place. The only one weak point of Pet is the amount of the games but I am open for a discussion. It will be hard to find a player with his class and protagonism in Flamengo's history to replace him.

Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:14 pm
Profile WWW

I think Gabriel Barbosa's presence in the 23 is already indisputable, champion of 2 Libertadores, top scorer in several championships, multi-champion and protagonist of Flamengo's greatest Era post-Zico. He is probably already one of the 5 greatest players in Flamengo's history.

I believe Bebeto can come out so he can come in.

Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:08 pm

Mikerdead39 wrote:
He is probably already one of the 5 greatest players in Flamengo's history.

No disrespect against him, he has been their most important player in the last years (something I never expecte after he flopped at Inter) but top 5 greatest player?

Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:53 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Mikerdead39 wrote:
He is probably already one of the 5 greatest players in Flamengo's history.

No disrespect against him, he has been their most important player in the last years (something I never expecte after he flopped at Inter) but top 5 greatest player?

Oh, it's ok, I understand your point, but the point I see is that, from the moment a player wins continental titles being decisive in important matches, he gains space and importance in the club's history even if he is worse than other players. Zizinho is not to blame for not having a Libertadores Cup, but it is indisputable that the importance of a player in the club's history is due a lot to a title of this size. I prefer 1 Zizinho to 3 Gabriel's, but there are several factors to take into account. And I also think there is no problem in Gabriel entering in Bebeto's place because Bebeto won a lot less, participated less, and won less important titles, even though he is a better player in stats.

Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:47 pm

There was no Libertadores and even Brazilian Championship during Zizinho, Leônidas and Domingos da Guia time.

Júnior and Leandro are greater idols than Gabigol too, for sure.

Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:30 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next