Free Kick 2: Raí
Right corner: Pedro Rocha
Left corner: Pedro Rocha | Canhoteiro
Penalty: Rogério Ceni | Raí

INFO:
http://www.saopaulofc.net/spfcpedia/grandes-idolos
http://www.saopaulofc.net/spfcpedia/a-h ... c/floresta
http://anotandofutbol.blogspot.com/2017 ... rte-1.html

Last edited by Interista93 on Sat May 21, 2022 3:17 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:01 pm

I suggest change Kakà for Lucas Mouras , is like if i put Philippe Coutinho in Vasco All Star Team.

Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:32 pm

I really believe that this topic needs some changes, some idols and important characters for São Paulo are out, and a large part could replace the reserves that are here.

The first player who realizes he should be there is Cicinho. He has more than 100 games for São Paulo, was champion of the Libertadores and of the Club World Cup in 2005, besides winning a paulista in the same year. Furthermore, he is on the official list of idols of São Paulo, which I will leave at the end of the post. He could easily take Júnior's place in reserves.

Another one who could enter - although I have not yet found a way to fit him in - would be Dagoberto, an extremely identifiable player with the fans of São Paulo. He paid his own fine to play for the team, and was Brazilian Champion on two occasions, 2007 and 2008, as one of the protagonists. In addition,the great campaigns for the team in 2010 and 2011, being -arguably - the best player.

This is perhaps the toughest, but Luis Fabiano should take the place of Maurinho in the main team
. It is understandable that Maurinho is so important to the São Paulo team at his time, but Luis Fabiano has more games played, more goals (Luis Fabiano is the 3rd highest scorer in the history of São Paulo), and won more important titles, such as the Sudamericana 2012. In addition to the fact that Luis Fabiano is one of the greatest personalities in São Paulo, someone who has already declared his love for the club and proved it, a character also very identifiable by those who are fans. Not denying the importance of Maurinho, but Luis Fabiano has already overcome him.

list of idols:

Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:18 am

Mikerdead39 wrote:
I really believe that this topic needs some changes, some idols and important characters for São Paulo are out, and a large part could replace the reserves that are here.

The first player who realizes he should be there is Cicinho. He has more than 100 games for São Paulo, was champion of the Libertadores and of the Club World Cup in 2005, besides winning a paulista in the same year. Furthermore, he is on the official list of idols of São Paulo, which I will leave at the end of the post. He could easily take Júnior's place in reserves.

Another one who could enter - although I have not yet found a way to fit him in - would be Dagoberto, an extremely identifiable player with the fans of São Paulo. He paid his own fine to play for the team, and was Brazilian Champion on two occasions, 2007 and 2008, as one of the protagonists. In addition,the great campaigns for the team in 2010 and 2011, being -arguably - the best player.

This is perhaps the toughest, but Luis Fabiano should take the place of Maurinho in the main team
. It is understandable that Maurinho is so important to the São Paulo team at his time, but Luis Fabiano has more games played, more goals (Luis Fabiano is the 3rd highest scorer in the history of São Paulo), and won more important titles, such as the Sudamericana 2012. In addition to the fact that Luis Fabiano is one of the greatest personalities in São Paulo, someone who has already declared his love for the club and proved it, a character also very identifiable by those who are fans. Not denying the importance of Maurinho, but Luis Fabiano has already overcome him.

list of idols:

i agree with you

Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:24 am

Team updated.
Leonardo was LB at São Paulo. Anyway I don't see him as important as Nelsinho, who surprisingly wasn't even in the reserves.
I agree with the suggestion of Mikerdead39 about Luís Fabiano instead of Maurinho.
Antonio Sastre played most of his career at Independiente, where he also had his peak. I replaced him with Pita, who played more and won titles.
Regarding the starting XI, I don't think there's any doubt that Cafú was better than De Sordi while on the left both Nelsinho and Noronha were great players but in my opinion Nelsinho was more important at the turn of the late 1980s and early 1990s. In the midfield I chose Roberto Dias over Pedro Rocha for a tactical reason: I prefer having two DMF if possible when the team already has an AMF and three proper strikers and I don't think Roberto Dias would be a wrong choice for the starting XI.

Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:44 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Team updated.
Leonardo was LB at São Paulo. Anyway I don't see him as important as Nelsinho, who surprisingly wasn't even in the reserves.
I agree with the suggestion of Mikerdead39 about Luís Fabiano instead of Maurinho.
Antonio Sastre played most of his career at Independiente, where he also had his peak. I replaced him with Pita, who played more and won titles.
Regarding the starting XI, I don't think there's any doubt that Cafú was better than De Sordi while on the left both Nelsinho and Noronha were great players but in my opinion Nelsinho was more important at the turn of the late 1980s and early 1990s. In the midfield I chose Roberto Dias over Pedro Rocha for a tactical reason: I prefer having two DMF if possible when the team already has an AMF and three proper strikers and I don't think Roberto Dias would be a wrong choice for the starting XI.

Seriously? Roberto Dias was mainly a CB, not a DMF. And there's no way that Rocha can be ommited from best XI here, especially not for some personal preferences. It's relevant how good and important a player was and Rocha proved that during his whole stint at Sao Paulo. Very weird btw that Palhinha isn't even in reserves despite beeing a crucial member of the Sao Paulo team that won two Copa Libertadores and reached another final in that competition.

Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:56 pm

Artur Freidenreich needs to be in here. One of the creators of São Paulo FC.

- "São Paulo FC was founded on 25 January 1930 by 60 former officials, players, members, and friends of the football clubs CA Paulistano and AA das Palmeiras of São Paulo. Paulistano, founded in 1900 and one of the oldest clubs in town and 11-time champions of São Paulo, abandoned football due to the professionalization of the sport. Palmeiras, founded in 1902 and three-time champions of São Paulo, intended after the end of the season 1929 to set up a professional team, but failed to do so.

Paulistano brought to the union star players Arthur Friedenreich and Araken Patuska. Palmeiras' contribution was the stadium Estádio da Floresta, generally known as Chácara da Floresta.

The jerseys of the new club were derived from Palmeiras, which were white and sported a black ring across the chest. To the black-and-white of Palmeiras was added the red-and-white of Paulistano, and the ring became red, white, and black.

Internal arguments and turmoil led to financial problems. The club merged with Clube de Regatas Tietê, another sports club from the town, and the football department was disbanded on 14 May 1935."

ImageImageImage

Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:10 am

M Ace wrote:

He was already there under the name Fried, as he was often named. However, I changed it to Friedenreich to avoid misunderstandings.

Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:07 pm

Interista93 wrote:
M Ace wrote:

He was already there under the name Fried, as he was often named. However, I changed it to Friedenreich to avoid misunderstandings.

Thanks mate!! :mrgreen:

ImageImageImage

Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:44 am

I would never put Chicão among the 23.

Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:56 pm
Profile WWW

What about considering Leônidas among the 23? Best striker we ever had, he's an idol!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:46 am

LucasTheGerdMuller wrote:
What about considering Leônidas among the 23? Best striker we ever had, he's an idol!

It's a good choice, I would put him in França's place.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:10 am

I would substitute Renganeschi easily by Miranda.

Miranda is way more important than him in every aspects. Titles, matches, peak, performance and so on.

Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:49 pm
Profile WWW

Which Nelsinho is that one? The right (Nelsinho Baptista) or the left back (Nelsinho Kerchner)?

I believe is the left, correct? Because it already has two right backs among the 23.

Anyway, i think it would be nice to put the year or the full name of the Nelsinho one.

On the other hand, I also think Nelsinho isnt the best choise, considering that Serginho, Leonardo and Júnior were better players than him and also have a big identification with the club, being Sao Paulo's legends.

Mainly Junior and Leonardo that won a lot of important titles for the club.

Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:56 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Which Nelsinho is that one? The right (Nelsinho Baptista) or the left back (Nelsinho Kerchner)?

I believe is the left, correct? Because it already has two right backs among the 23.

Anyway, i think it would be nice to put the year or the full name of the Nelsinho one.

On the other hand, I also think Nelsinho isnt the best choise, considering that Serginho, Leonardo and Júnior were better players than him and also have a big identification with the club, being Sao Paulo's legends.

Mainly Junior and Leonardo that won a lot of important titles for the club.

It's Nelsinho Kerchner, the one born in 1962. I'll add the birth year to avoid confusion. Anyway, I don't agree with any of the players you suggest as replacement.
I don't think there was need to give an answer here but I'll do it nonetheless. Since you take in count state leagues as much as national leagues, I can say this:
- Serginho won a Campeonato Paulista, played 164 matches and he's more a midfielder than a defender
- Leonardo won an Intercontinental Cup, two Recopa Sudamericana, a Supercopa Sudamericana and made 104 appearances in three different spells
- Júnior won three Campeonato Brasileiro, a Copa Libertadores, a FIFA Club World Cup, a Campeonato Paulista, played 201 games and could be a valid choice. However
- Nelsinho won two Campeonato Brasileiro, a Copa Libertadores, six Campeonato Paulista and made 512 appearances in over ten years.
In conclusion, replacing Nelsinho with any of them would be madness in my opinion.

Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next