Captain: Zico | Domingos da Guia | Zizinho
Short free kick: Zico | Júnior
Long free kick: Júnior
Free kick 2: Zizinho
Right corner: Zico | Júnior
Left corner: Zico | Júnior
Penalty: Zico | Romário | Júnior

INFO:

Last edited by Interista93 on Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:36 am, edited 11 times in total.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Bola Clássica wrote:
There was no Libertadores and even Brazilian Championship during Zizinho, Leônidas and Domingos da Guia time.

Júnior and Leandro are greater idols than Gabigol too, for sure.

Yes, this is true, and it is an unfortunate truth, but there is no denying that this historical fact changes the order of the factors a bit. The arrival of these championships has greatly increased the size of football, and consequently the size of the players as well. And yes, Leandro and Junior are bigger than him.

Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:34 pm

I'm a Flamengo fan so I can speak with authority. Gabigol is definitely Flamengo's top 5 history. He was decisive for the title of two Libertadores, the most important thing we can win. We have 8 Brazilian championships and we won two with him being essential. In one he was the top scorer of the championship and in the other he scored in several games of the final rounds, including the victory against Internacional-RS.

Diego Alves, Willian Arão, Gerson, Éverton Ribeiro, Rodrigo Caio and Pedro deserved mention in the reserves more than names like Bebeto, Zinho, Júnior Baiano and Tita. These 4 are not players admired by the fans, although they have some history for the club.

Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:01 pm

OsorioLopes wrote:
I'm a Flamengo fan so I can speak with authority. Gabigol is definitely Flamengo's top 5 history. He was decisive for the title of two Libertadores, the most important thing we can win. We have 8 Brazilian championships and we won two with him being essential. In one he was the top scorer of the championship and in the other he scored in several games of the final rounds, including the victory against Internacional-RS.

Diego Alves, Willian Arão, Gerson, Éverton Ribeiro, Rodrigo Caio and Pedro deserved mention in the reserves more than names like Bebeto, Zinho, Júnior Baiano and Tita. These 4 are not players admired by the fans, although they have some history for the club.

Sorry, but being a fan doesn't necessarily mean that you're automatically correct. I'm an Inter fan and Ronaldo is my favourite ever player, but I wouldn't add him in the first team based on this reason.
Anyway, Gabigol is already in the first team, and so is Éverton Ribeiro in the reserves. I agree with you about adding Diego Alves, Willian Arão and Pedro. I would wait for Rodrigo Caio and Gerson.

Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:22 am

If Arão and Diego Alves are included in reserves, I don't see why Filipe Luis can't be too.

Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:04 pm

Bebeto, Zinho, Júnior Baiano and Tita mentioned as players not admired by the fans is just because they played for rivals of Flamengo afterwards. Three of them played at Vasco (biggest rival). I dont know if it is a valid argument or not. If not, I dont see any reason to exclude them. Considering they were great players in terms of quality, more than the others mentioned.

Regarding the other players not included yet, before to consider them I would first compare them with older and historical players to see if they are really worth. Otherwise the team starts to be too focused on contemporary players and forgetting the past, as many other forums, blogs or traditional media do.

Rodrigo Caio and Filipe Luís are really worth more than Píndaro and Nery for example, called the first classic defense of Brazil history?

Diego Alves was included but titles is enough to surprass Zé Carlos that lived his peak at Flamengo? And what about Amado who played over one decade and was considered one of the best GK from Brazil in his era?

Arão was added but he was worth than Carlos Volante or even Leandro Ávila? In terms of quality I can tell he is way far from Leandro Ávila but of course Arão has the titles.

Gerson is an exception, his quality and importance are undeniable, I believe it is only a matter of time and matches for the club as he is still playing at Flamengo.

Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:36 pm
Profile WWW

Now that Filipe Luís retired, I believe he can get in the squad. Maybe replacing Juan Maldonado or Renato Abreu.

If you wanna take the opportunity to take both out, you can add already Gerson (169 matches and some titles as a fundamental part of the team).

Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:44 am
Profile WWW

Shouldn't in the Ronaldo Angelim be considered as well? He made part of the team that won the Campeonato Brasileiro 2009, also he won the Copa do Brasil 2006 and 4 Campeonatos Cariocas in a row (2007-2011). Also, he has almost 300 games played for the team. Maybe he could replace Toninho Baiano.

Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:12 pm

rareold wrote:
Shouldn't in the Ronaldo Angelim be considered as well? He made part of the team that won the Campeonato Brasileiro 2009, also he won the Copa do Brasil 2006 and 4 Campeonatos Cariocas in a row (2007-2011). Also, he has almost 300 games played for the team. Maybe he could replace Toninho Baiano.

If we're going to add Ronaldo Angelim, I'd prefer to keep Juan.

They are from the same generation and Juan was a more important and better player than Angelim.

Also, they had more or less the same amount of matches for Flamengo.

Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6