Long Free Kick: Didi
Free Kick 2: Garrincha | Gérson
Right Corner: Didi | Gérson
Left Corner: Didi | Gérson
Penalty: Didi

INFO:
https://www.botafogo.com.br/idolos.php
https://www.botafogo.com.br/historia.php

Last edited by Interista93 on Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:24 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:21 pm

What about Seedorf into Reserves?.

Btw i tought that it was a set of Quarentinha around the board.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:19 am

Jefferson was a better goalkeeper than Wagner.

Seedorf took Botafogo to Libertadores after many years playing in high level, I would put him between the 23

Valdo also deserves to be mentioned

Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:47 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Jefferson was a better goalkeeper than Wagner.

Seedorf took Botafogo to Libertadores after many years playing in high level, I would put him between the 23

Valdo also deserves to be mentioned

I totally agree, Jefferson is the main idol of Botafogo's recent history, playing his entire career for the club.

Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:19 am

The Start XI are perfect, there is nothing to discuss. However, it is noticeable that this topic is bald of reserve players, so I would leave those that I consider most deserving to be among the reserves, but before:
Jefferson at start 23 instead of Wagner.
Wagner played 412 games at Botafogo, winning a Comenbol Cup, a Brasileirão Série A and a Carioca Championship, as stated in the player's wikipedia (There are no sources more accurate than wikipedia, since the transfermarkt and ogol did not summarize Wagner entirely, the same goes for Jefferson). Jefferson, on the other hand, has 459 matches for Botafogo, a feat that is only surpassed by Garrincha and Nilton Santos - the club's greatest idols respectively-, won 3 Carioca's championships, Brasileirão Série B, was the best goalkeeper in Brazil in 2011 and 2014, Carioca's best goalkeeper in 2013 and the best PLAYER of the competition in 2010. It's a good fight, but I have no doubt that Jefferson is bigger and better for the club than Wagner.

Now, let's start with the reserves:
Seedorf - He played 2 years at Botafogo (not long, but enough to be in the reserves), that is, 58 games.
He won: Campeonato Carioca: 2013
Taça Guanabara: 2013
Taça Rio: 2013
besides being able to take Botafogo to a Libertadores after a long time, showing class and a monstrous individual skill.

Sebastián "Loco" Abreu - He played 3 years at Botafogo in 50 games, and he did very well in the team, and win: Campeonato Carioca: 2010
Taça Guanabara: 2010
Taça Rio: 2010 e 2012
being a runner up top scorer in the first conquest, in addition to being a runner up (also) top scorer in the next two editions.

Dodô - played 124 goals for Botafogo, making 90 goals on two occasions for the team, and win:
Campeonato Carioca: 2006
Taça Guanabara: 2006
he was also the best player and top scorer in the Carioca Championship in 2006 and 2007.

Geninho - one of Botafogo's "Vintage" players, Geninho played 244 matches between 1940 and 1954, scoring 155 goals. He won just one Campeonato Carioca, but he can enter the reserves for playing the amount he played, and playing well in a time of Botafogo's rise.

Patesko - One that honestly, given the options on the list, I didn't understand why he isn't. Patesko was one of the most complete wingers of that generation, played 237 games for Botafogo and scored 102 goals between 1934 and 1943. He was four-time state champion with Botafogo (quite an achievement) and participated in the first excursions of Botafogo. This is another player that can be discussed among the 23, but the reserve is already good for him.

that's it for now, any other players that I remember, I'll leave attached below:

Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:36 pm

There are too many forwards in this team.

As Paulo César Lima were more winger than an attacking midfielder in Botafogo and he is already in the midfield, I think one more midfileder should be added replacing a forward.

Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:57 am
Profile WWW

I would replace Zagallo with Paulinho Valentim.

First, because as the team plays with wingers, at least one reserve for this position is needed, as P.C. Caju (left winger) is playing as attacking midfielder.

Considering Garrincha and Jairzinho are originaly right wingers, there arent available left winger in the team. Zagallo would be a perfect reserve.

Second, because Zagallo were also a more important player for Botafogo than Paulinho, he played for a longer time, won more titles and had his prime in the club. He is more remarkable for Botafogo than Paulinho and he is a bigger player as well.

Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:42 am
Profile WWW

If I am not mistake Geninho was a historical goalkeeper of Botafogo from São Paulo, not Botafogo from Rio.

A good choise to substitute him would be Paulo Sérgio, goalkeeper reserve of Brazil's World Cup 82 team.

He was in his peak at Botafogo-RJ and was remarkable there.

Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:04 pm
Profile WWW

Who is this Enderson Moreira among the defenders? It would be Ismael Moreira Braga?

If so, I dont think he deserves the place.

Also, I missed Perivaldo among the reserves. What do you think?

Roberto Gomes Pedroso could be between the reserves goalkeepers.

Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:42 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Who is this Enderson Moreira among the defenders? It would be Ismael Moreira Braga?

Yes, it's Ismael Moreira. I have no idea with I typed Enderson, who is a coach. He may be replaced by Josimar in the best XI but I keep Moreira in the first team to have two right backs.
I rather move Wilson Gottardo to the reserves and add Perivaldo as you suggested. Regarding Roberto Gomes Pedrosa, he may take the place of Cao or Paulo Sérgio but I keep them.

Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:06 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Bola Clássica wrote:

Yes, it's Ismael Moreira. I have no idea with I typed Enderson, who is a coach. He may be replaced by Josimar in the best XI but I keep Moreira in the first team to have two right backs.
I rather move Wilson Gottardo to the reserves and add Perivaldo as you suggested. Regarding Roberto Gomes Pedrosa, he may take the place of Cao or Paulo Sérgio but I keep them.

Actually Paulistinha was right back in this prime. He just started to play as center back after he got older.

So, thats no need of Moreira among the 23.

Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:12 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Actually Paulistinha was right back in this prime. He just started to play as center back after he got older.

From what I read Paulistinha played as lateral-esquerdo or zagueiro central and occasionally as forward. Could it be that he played as right-back in a two-man defence?

Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:22 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Bola Clássica wrote:

From what I read Paulistinha played as lateral-esquerdo or zagueiro central and occasionally as forward. Could it be that he played as right-back in a two-man defence?

He was a polivalent player, I think he could play as midfielder too. But he played as right back when Rildo was the left back of the team.

Anyway, he can fill the right back role here.

Look at this team: https://twitter.com/CanalMedeiros_/stat ... o-mundo%2F

He was the right back during the 1962 year.

Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:31 pm
Profile WWW

regarding the goalkeepers, I would choose like this:

starters:
jefferson
manga

reserves:
roberto gomes pedrosa
osvaldo baliza or aymoré moreira or adalberto
paulo sergio
wagner

also, i am missing Nariz among the defenders

Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:36 pm
Profile WWW

I believe the presence of Cao here would really need to be reconsidered... he was most of the part a reserve in the club.

He wasnt even a starter on Taça Brasil 68 title when Manga left the club. He used to share the starter status with Ubirajara Mota.

Yes. He was the GK on the last game (second game against Fortaleza) but Ubirajara was on the first game and at the semifinals.

On his return for the club in 72, he was Wendell's reserve. This one a great gk of the club that reached the National Team and even can be considered here. At least, comparing to Cao, I believe he deserves it more.

Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]