Growth type: Standard/Lasting

CARDS:
P06 - Pinpoint Pass
P10 - Long Ranger
S09 - Covering

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Covering - Middle Shooting - Passing

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Balanced

INFO:
Small, indestructible and very spectacular libero who puts a lot of risk in his game, he was always looking for creative solutions. Had a low & sharp long pass and he liked to have a hard long shot. When you think of Epi, you quickly think of the risks he always took. In particular, his back passes and passing movements in his own penalty area were often a torment for the supporters. A journalist from the Algemeen Dagblad once called him the "frivolest last man of all time". But Drost could rely on his fellow defenders Willem de Vries and Kees van Ierssel. And with a solid keeper like Piet Schrijvers behind him, it almost always went well. His main characteristics as a footballer are his perfect kicking technique, his coaching on the field and his formidable insight. That same insight enables him to elevate defending to an art. Epi provides blood-curdling scenes in his own penalty area like no other, but also always knows how to solve difficult situations with cold blood. As the last man the driving force of the team, always leading the team and therefore the perfect captain of the team. He was proclaimed “footballer of the century” by the supporters of FC Twente in 2000.

He played 423 league games for the club, only to be surpassed by Sander Boschker in 2006. During his time at the club, Twente would finish 2nd (behind Feyenoord) in 1974 and 3rd in 1969 in the Eredivisie and would reach the 1975 UEFA Cup Final. His only trophy would be the 1977 KNVB Cup, he scored Twente's first goal in the final with a 30-yard piledriver.

Drost made his debut for the Netherlands in an April 1969 friendly match against Switzerland and earned a total of 9 caps, scoring no goals. His final international was a September 1973 FIFA World Cup qualification match against Norway.Due to his risky game and persistent injuries at the time, he was cut from the famous 1974 Dutch squad.

Spoiler: show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8v8g8yaFFk vs England on rb - run and cross/shot on 0:43
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQHsYsDpLfg vs B.Monchengladbach 1975 cup final - typical long pass on 3:10; 36:10; 39:04; 46:14; 53:45
playing from back on 4:25; 13:24; 34:30; 1:33:35
tackling and clearance on 33:36; 42:38; 43:40; 59:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_2YVhuHqIU vs Den Haag 1975 cup final - clearance on 1:57 and his famous runs to the attack with end pass;
famous long shot on 4:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2cMT_keVAQ - 1977 cup final vs Pec Zwolle - long shot goal on 0:05

Last edited by Kolektivitet on Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:11 pm
Profile WWW

Considering the info, SPA (maybe even SPS) are too high if his back passes were really that troublesome. For the same reason TW could be in high green and MEN maybe a bit lower.
Apparently, he scored mainly with long range shots and at least one free kick. I'm not sure how many times he scored from free kick. I'd switch SA and ST. No idea if FK could be on green.

Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:26 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Considering the info, SPA (maybe even SPS) are too high if his back passes were really that troublesome. For the same reason TW could be in high green and MEN maybe a bit lower.
Apparently, he scored mainly with long range shots and at least one free kick. I'm not sure how many times he scored from free kick. I'd switch SA and ST. No idea if FK could be on green.

Actually, it all makes sense. A lot of these sets (such as Twente, PSV etc) I'm reviewing after a year or two since I've created them. I'll definitely lower the FK value (unless someone on the forum watched him take free kicks with greater accuracy), it definitely goes in green range. For SA and ST, actually Drost started out as a striker and scored 40ish goals in his years before joining Twente. But in these particular five years in Twente he scored just 6. I'm thinking of reducing these two stats for a couple of points, however I'm sure that his technique was alright, but the accuracy wasn't so much..

Short pass accuracy - definitely goes lower, together with Teamwork. For mentality, his fighting spirit was off the charts, but I do also agree it might be a bit lower.
I'll post the reviewed stats later :)

Tnx for the feedback mate!

Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:42 pm
Profile WWW

Updated Epi's stats, taking Interista93's suggestions into account:

Short Pass Accuracy: 78 -> 74
Short Pass Speed: 82 - > 78
Long Pass Accuracy: 85 -> 83
Long Pass Speed: 84 -> 82
Shot Accuracy: 74 -> 70
Shot Technique: 72 -> 71
Free Kick Accuracy: 80 -> 75