Weak Foot Frequency: 4
Consistency: 6
Growth Type: Standard/Lasting

CARDS:
P12 - Enforcer

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

Attack/Defence Awareness: Defence Minded

INFO:
Josef Sara is one of the most successful violets ever. The defender won five league titles and four cups with Austria in the mid-1970s and early 1980s. All in all, Sara made 330 competitive appearances for Violett in his career, making him a true club legend. 183 cm tall, weighs over 80 kilograms, famous moustache. Visually, Sara II was not at all similar to his brother Robert, who was eight years his senior. The style of play was also different. While the older man with shirt number 2 sprinted up and down the outside lane and thus repeatedly caused a goal threat, number 6, "Sepperl", acted uncompromisingly and equipped with perfect positional play to ensure that nothing burned behind. Technically, the "little" Sara stood up to his "big" one, which was 10 cm smaller Brother, however, in no way inferior. After the disgraceful game in Tulln (3:4), in which Sara II offered a catastrophic performance both in terms of sport and discipline, no one gave a damn for Robert's brother - except for Karl Stotz! He formed him into a tough, consistent, uncompromising front stopper who would become a fixture in the Austria team in the years that followed.

Joseph Jr. was born as the youngest scion of the Sara clan after a brother and sister on March 9, 1954 in Vienna. Since he emulated Robert, it was natural for him to start his career at SV Donau in 1960 as well. Josef Sara: “I was six years old when I was allowed to play in the lowest category of the youth teams for the first time. Of course there was no team for six-year-olds back then and you had to be at least 10 years old, but nobody was that precise. And since I was already taller than many older boys back then, I probably fitted in perfectly with the 10-year-old boys on the Danube.” From the start, “Sepperl” developed a footballing skill that would carry him throughout his career. He feared no opponent, whoever stood in front of him. “I gave out, but I also took. But I wasn't the kind that just gave out and didn't want to take anything. I knew enough colleagues of this type,” said Josef “Sepperl” Sara later about his career, which also led him to Austria in 1964 as a junior. Josef possessed a strong shot and would sometimes carry the ball and try his luck from way behind. He played in one match for the Austria national football team in 1979.

Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:24 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]