It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Grigoris GEORGATOS 1997-2002 

Name: Grigorios Georgatos

Nickname: "Trelos Karaflos"

Clubs: Olympiacos (1996–1999), Internazionale (1999-2002)
Position: *SB, WB, SMF, DMF
Side: LF/LS

Height: 175 cm
Weight: 75 kg

Attack: 77
Defence: 64
Balance: 78
Stamina: 87
Top Speed: 82
Acceleration: 82
Response: 79
Agility: 82
Dribble Accuracy: 80
Dribble Speed: 78
Short Pass Accuracy: 75
Short Pass Speed: 76
Long Pass Accuracy: 82
Long Pass Speed: 84
Shot Accuracy: 73
Shot Power: 90
Shot Technique: 78
Free Kick Accuracy: 79
Curling: 85
Header: 71
Jump: 76
Technique: 79
Aggression: 82
Mentality: 77
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 81

Injury Tolerance: C
Condition/Fitness: 7
Weak Foot Accuracy: 3
Weak Foot frequency: 3
Consistency: 6
Growth Type: Late Peak

CARDS:
S05 - 1-touch Play
S06 - Outside curve
P04 - Darting Run
P11 - Long Ranger

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Middle Shooting - 1 Touch Pass - Outside

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:40 pm

Updated.

Wed May 14, 2014 5:03 pm

He was naturally a winger who was occupied later as a left-back by Dusko Bajevic, in order to fit in the starting XI alongside Djole. We could also describe him as an attacking midfielder according to his playstyle. It wasn't a coincidence he wore no.10 couple of times [mostly at his earlier years and later with the NT].
Maybe his era could be 1998-99 [peak season] instead of 1997-02: I always consider him as a '90s player + it's a bit complicated to evaluate him at Inter or afterwards.
ATT might be enough at 75. He will be often referred as the greatest Greek LB due to his attacking traits & I don't think any other Greek LB has reached that level so far.
DEF needs a brave decrease [I suggest 55]. As I said he was an offensive-minded player. He didn't fancy defending much and his good moments might be down to other attributes rather than pure defending capacity.
Physically, STA looks extreme, 83 could be fair, similar to his speed levels. RES could remain green, but needs a decrease. AGI looks fine. BAL needs a decrease as well. I think BAL & STA mostly held him back from making a better career abroad [common thing among players from lower leagues].
DA & DS look decent. He wouldn't carry the ball much, but could produce some nice efforts. His SP might be white, although further research is needed. I wouldn't say it was much incisive & he would make easy mistakes. About LP it should be the other way round [accuracy > power]. Indeed, he might had the best cross ever among Greek LBs. He would usually loft the ball. I can't see many examples where he hit the ball hard.
His shooting was pretty good, but 73 for SA seems too much, 71 would be better. He counted more on power anywise, which we can agree should be the highest value on the set, but again looks extreme, 86 is the right one. His ST was excellent, I don't know if he could reach 80 though. Here's the greatest possible showcase: https://youtu.be/QUAkmBjK1Hg?t=82. I like FKA & CUR as well. In contrast, his aerial ability wasn't as strong as these values suggest.
TEC is the biggest mistake here. It's one of the things he would be much proud and one of the reasons people probably admired him. He would even clear the ball in particular fashion. What impressed me the most is his confidence to trap the ball inside the penalty area during an opponent cross, like Marcelo. The minimum I accept is 83. AGG was the pretty standard of an offensive LB, so I'm ok with it.
MEN & TW shoudn't be that high. You could see him being lazy in many occasions, so MEN should be white, but I wouldn't go below 70. On the other hand he wasn't individualist, but neither had the best connection, especially at the back [difficulty with offside traps] and he wouldn't always be an option for a pass. I would rate TW at 65.
Finally C/F wasn't 7 I guess.
Here's the best skill compilation video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHPf1F3I6QY

Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]