Growth type: Early Lasting

CARDS:
S07: Man Marking
S08: Slide Tackle
S10: DF Leader

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Marking - Sliding - D Line Control

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Balanced

Quote:
“If I have to make a tackle then I have already made a mistake.” - Paolo Maldini

Certainly one of the most emblematic figures in the world of football. Now I've posted here 2 sets of stats, the early set of his career with Dutch trio when he played just as left back and the later era set when he played more central role in defence. Well young Maldini was a beast physically, strong, fast and tireless, good in jump and in offensive tasks but not so impressive in defensive duties. That's why another set is posted for now completely matured and vastly experienced defender with excellent reading of the game, anticipation, sense of positioning but not so fast, mobile and strong in jump like in the early years of his career. Maldini was perfectly two-footed player and has mainly played as a left-back, although he was naturally right footed, and then center-back. He demonstrated great intelligence and tactical flexibility. Able to tackle, in marking and in the air, due to his technical skills, speed and physical prowess is considered one of the greatest defenders and players in football history. An elegant and correct defender, was also blessed with a great sense of positioning and anticipation and was able to make excellent cross from the wing for his teammates. In his career spanning 25 years he won 26 titles, quite remarkable achievement.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:11 pm

PiccoloInzaghi wrote:
M Ace wrote:
I really think he is left footed. Look at 2 min approx.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ma ... A755407674

I also wrote it in another site and I repeat it here. I am a Milan fan and I have all the "Forza Milan" from 1987 to 1996 and I have an interesting article in which he speaks of the fact that Maldini was a natural right, but that to improve he decided to train his left foot kicking in training only with that , and eventually got used to using the left foot, and seeing him play it was almost impossible to understand if he was right or left handed, as he used both feet naturally. It is the same thing as Brehme who kicked indifferently with both feet.

What's interesting here if that he played as a right sided defender in the 90s and 00s.
I remember reading that he occasionally played as a right sided fullback only on his first 2-3 years at Milan, then he never played on the right flank, not even as a CB or SWP (That's also another topic: Paolo Maldini as libero).

Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:08 pm
Amministratore

El Capo wrote:
PiccoloInzaghi wrote:
M Ace wrote:

I also wrote it in another site and I repeat it here. I am a Milan fan and I have all the "Forza Milan" from 1987 to 1996 and I have an interesting article in which he speaks of the fact that Maldini was a natural right, but that to improve he decided to train his left foot kicking in training only with that , and eventually got used to using the left foot, and seeing him play it was almost impossible to understand if he was right or left handed, as he used both feet naturally. It is the same thing as Brehme who kicked indifferently with both feet.

What's interesting here if that he played as a right sided defender in the 90s and 00s.
I remember reading that he occasionally played as a right sided fullback only on his first 2-3 years at Milan, then he never played on the right flank, not even as a CB or SWP (That's also another topic: Paolo Maldini as libero).

Surely he often played RB in 1997-98 and Ziege LB.

Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:40 pm

El Capo wrote:
PiccoloInzaghi wrote:
M Ace wrote:

As you said, as a right-back he played at the beginning of his career: when Liedholm made his debut in 1985 against Udinese, he asked him which band he wanted to play on and he replied that he preferred the right, even if later in the course of his career he occupied stably the left wing and the role of left back, despite being a natural right .. Tactical reasons, emergency (for example the lack of some central holder) "forced" him to move as central defender, and as you wrote is another chapter in the history of Maldini and AC Milan .. In any case he was an eclectic player who covered both roles well, whether he was left back or central: just think of the USA 94 World Cup in which he was judged best central defender of the tournament ..

Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:50 pm

"Surely he often played RB in 1997-98 and Ziege LB"

Yes, in the first part of the 97-98 season he played mainly as right back, then Cardone and Daino took the place of right back and Maldini returned to the left wing, also playing central with Ziege in the role of left back..

Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:13 pm

Look at the penalty kick he is taking in the video I linked to. He shot it with his left foot, he must be left FOOTED!

ImageImageImage

Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:41 pm
Amministratore

In this era he took a penalty against Netherlands in Euro 2000 with left foot, but actually he was right foot like has said Piccolo Inzaghi.

Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:23 pm

dmx_133 wrote:
Anybody have the stats for all Maldini ? Like Era 2004-2008 ?

I have 2002-2003 and PES 2004 (inspired from 2004/05 season theoretically about), send me an e-mail 14fernandollorente@gmail.com

Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2