It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 AHN Jung-Hwan 1998-2002 

Stats by Nakayama#9

Name: Ahn Jung-Hwan

Nickname: "The Lord of the Ring"

Imagepg

Club: Pusan Daewoo Royals (1998-1999), Busan Icons (2000), Perugia (2000-2002)
Position: *SS, AMF, (CF,WF Optional)
Side: RF/BS

Height: 177 cm
Weight: 71 kg

Attack: 83
Defence: 48
Balance: 78
Stamina: 79
Top Speed: 83
Acceleration: 86
Response: 80
Agility: 85
Dribble Accuracy: 89
Dribble Speed: 84
Short Pass Accuracy: 83
Short Pass Speed: 79
Long Pass Accuracy: 79
Long Pass Speed: 76
Shot Accuracy: 80
Shot Power: 85
Shot Technique: 87
Free Kick Accuracy: 77
Curling: 83
Header: 79
Jump: 84
Technique: 88
Aggression: 84
Mentality: 77
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 79

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition/Fitness: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 7
Weak Foot frequency: 7
Growth type: Early / Lasting

CARDS:
S05: 1-touch play
S23: Super-sub
P05: Mazing Run

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Dribbling - Tactical Dribbling - Center - 1-Touch Pas

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO

He made world headlines by scoring the winning golden goal for South Korea against Italy in the 2002 World Cup second round, sending South Korea into the quarterfinals. After starting his professional career with K-League's Busan I'cons, Ahn joined Serie A's AC Perugia in 2000–01, on loan. In the 2002 FIFA World Cup, he scored an extra-time header in the round of 16 game against Italy that sent the South Koreans through to the quarter-finals. The next day, Perugia owner Luciano Gaucci cancelled his contract and was quoted as saying, "I have no intention of paying a salary to someone who has ruined Italian football."
Perugia later took back what it said, and offered to outright buy Ahn's contract, but the player rejected it, saying "I will no longer discuss my transfer to Perugia, which attacked my character instead of congratulating me for a goal in the World Cup."
During the World Cup, Ahn also scored the tying goal late in Korea's match with the United States. After scoring the goal he performed a goal celebration with his teammates, mimicking the movements of compatriot Kim Dong-Sung. Six months earlier, during the 2002 Winter Olympics, speedskater Kim was disqualified for "cross tracking" American skater Apolo Anton Ohno in their 1500 m short track event. Because of the disqualification, Ohno won the gold medal even though he had finished second to the Korean. Ahn's celebration was a form of protest against the ISU's decision, which many Koreans felt was biased.
Ahn then attempted to secure a permanent move to a European club but failed and returned to Asia, joining J. League's Shimizu S-Pulse. After one season, he moved to another J-League team, Yokohama F. Marinos. After this successful spell in Japan, he returned to Europe to play for French team FC Metz in July 2005. He scored 2 Ligue 1 goals (Round 1 & 18) in 16 outings.
On 16 January 2006, Ahn was invited to train with Blackburn Rovers but twice failed to show up, one of the dates being on his birthday. In February he secured a 17-month deal with MSV Duisburg in Germany. He scored 2 goals (Round 31 & 32) in 12 outings. However, the German club was relegated from the Bundesliga, as Ahn saw a move to Heart of Midlothian F.C. of the Scottish Premier League fall apart. On 31 August 2006, he was released by Duisburg, and returned to South Korea in January 2007, joining Suwon Samsung Bluewings on a 1-year deal.
Previously, Ahn was selected for Korea's 2006 FIFA World Cup squad in Germany, and came off the bench to score the winner in Korea's 2–1 opening match win over Togo, after coming from a goal down at halftime. Thus, he became Asian football career leader in goals scored in the World Cup, with three.
On 14 March 2007, Ahn scored his first goal of the season against Daejeon Citizen, with a first-half pass from Lee Kwan-Woo. He went on to score a hat-trick in a 4–0 win, in only his third game of the season. He was quoted after the match: "I felt good before the game and I knew I was ready to bum. It feels wonderful to have a great game and make the fans happy."
After the 2006 World Cup, new Korea manager Pim Verbeek announced his new 23-man roster for the 2007 AFC Asian Cup, and Ahn was left out. Verbeek then said that his decision was not based on personal issues, as the player was clubless.
In 2008, Ahn returned to the Daewoo Royals, now renamed Busan I'Park. In 2008, he steadily improved his game and overall performances and, for the first time in 22 months, was recalled to the national team for the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifications match against Jordan.
According to reports, Ahn's agent investigated the possibility of a move to several Major League Soccer sides, but there were no teams interested in using a Designated Player slot to sign him. He has also been linked with Australian A-League club Sydney FC.
In March 2009, Ahn signed a three-month contract with Chinese Super League side Dalian Shide. He became the key player in the club and scored his first CSL goal on 18 April 2009. He extended his contract to December 2010 with Dalian Shide in June, despite that J-League club Oita Trinita had an intention to sign him. Ahn was promoted to team captain in Season 2010.

VIDEO

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl1bUdPbec4

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]