Consistency: 7
Growth type: Early/Lasting

CARDS:
S11 - Penalty Saver
S12 - 1-on-1 Keeper

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Penalty Stopper - 1-on-1 Stopper

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Defence Minded

Quote:
Regarded as one of the greatest and most successful goalkeepers of all-time, in addition to his goalkeeping technique, agility, reflexes, distribution, command of his area, and shot-stopping abilities, Kahn is widely admired for the stamina, mental strength, and composure he showed to overcome the stresses and pressures of his career. His profile on the Bayern Munich website lists his attributes as "impatient, disciplined, ambitious". Due to his performances during the 2002 FIFA World Cup in Japan and South Korea, Kahn gained popularity in Asia. He was depicted in several television commercials, including one for the Shinkin bank. In 2008, his wax figure in the Berlin branch of the Madame Tussaud museum was inaugurated. Kahn is the subject of the song Olli Kahn by the German pop group Die Prinzen. Known for his eccentricity and charismatic leadership from the back, which often saw him call out his defenders whenever they made errors, due to the formidable presence, commanding influence, and aggressive playing style that he showed in goal during his professional career, Kahn's epithet is "The Titan"; he was also frequently nicknamed "King Kahn" throughout his career.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:36 pm

Is there any reason why Kahn has "only" 95 in MEN? TBH I've never seen such a player who fought until the end (and also inspired his teammates, look at Hamburg 2001 and other matches). It's a joke that Kahn (where we have at least visual proofs of his mentality) has 95 there while players like Obdulio Varela (because of only one match :D) or Frane Matosic sit on much higher values that are only based on text extracts..

Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:10 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Is there any reason why Kahn has "only" 95 in MEN? TBH I've never seen such a player who fought until the end (and also inspired his teammates, look at Hamburg 2001 and other matches). It's a joke that Kahn (where we have at least visual proofs of his mentality) has 95 there while players like Obdulio Varela (because of only one match :D) or Frane Matosic sit on much higher values that are only based on text extracts..

I forgot about this :oops:

This suits him better ==> http://www.pesmaster.com/kahn/pes-5/player/208/

Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:25 pm

Any news for a post 2002 set ? Always the king needs two sets

PD ronaldo says hello :)

Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:09 pm

TheGreatRossonero wrote:
Any news for a post 2002 set ? Always the king needs two sets

Don't know, if anything it should be the same i guess, just a 1-2 less in the keys abilities, maybe gurkenjoe can help,

TheGreatRossonero wrote:
PD ronaldo says hello :)

Damn, Germany 2002 was arguably the worst German team ever :mrgreen: and the funniest thing is that they even manage to reach the final, that should mean something..

I believe that with Ballack and Deisler, Germany could actually manage to won it (considering the rivals they faced, Brazil was the only one "big")..

Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:21 pm

El Capo wrote:
Don't know, if anything it should be the same i guess, just a 1-2 less in the keys abilities, maybe gurkenjoe can help,

Maybe he maybe can give us more info , also maybe is a big difference because lehmman replace him in WC 2006

TheGreatRossonero wrote:
Damn, Germany 2002 was arguably the worst German team ever :mrgreen: and the funniest thing is that they even manage to reach the final, that should mean something..
I believe that with Ballack and Deisler, Germany could actually manage to won it (considering the rivals they faced, Brazil was the only one "big")..

Well also is the same that happens to teams on finals they need some key player (like caniggia in 90s WC)

Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:35 pm

TheGreatRossonero wrote:
El Capo wrote:

Maybe he maybe can give us more info , also maybe is a big difference because lehmman replace him in WC 2006

Are you serious? Kahn was always a much better keeper than Lehmann ever was. That retard Klinsmann first stole Kahn the captain's armband (because a keeper couldn't be a good captain..) and then replaced him with Lehmann. It had nothing to do with better performances, it was just because Klinsmann and his bunch of assistant idiots wanted a playing goalkeeper. I mean, I haven't seen any of that during the WC, only a goalkeeper who let in two goals by Italy that Kahn would have saved on any part of his career..
El Capo wrote:
Damn, Germany 2002 was arguably the worst German team ever :mrgreen: and the funniest thing is that they even manage to r.each the final, that should mean something..

Kahn (main reason) + Ballack + weak opponents, that's all..
Just look at our performances in 2000 & 2004, dark times for German football but in the end those results were the reason for the drastic improvement of the youth development work in the following years (just look at the results of our NT now) ;)

Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:49 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Are you serious? Kahn was always a much better keeper than Lehmann ever was. That retard Klinsmann first stole Kahn the captain's armband (because a keeper couldn't be a good captain..) and then replaced him with Lehmann. It had nothing to do with better performances, it was just because Klinsmann and his bunch of assistant idiots wanted a playing goalkeeper. I mean, I haven't seen any of that during the WC, only a goalkeeper who let in two goals by Italy that Kahn would have saved on any part of his career..

Well i know this , for my was a surprise that oliver dont was the titular GK, well at the end lehmann eat that two goals and fuck eto¨o in UCL 2006 Final :lol:
Suggest ? to do a second set :?:

Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:11 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
TheGreatRossonero wrote:
El Capo wrote:

El Capo wrote:
Damn, Germany 2002 was arguably the worst German team ever :mrgreen: and the funniest thing is that they even manage to r.each the final, that should mean something..

Kahn (main reason) + Ballack + weak opponents, that's all..
Just look at our performances in 2000 & 2004, dark times for German football but in the end those results were the reason for the drastic improvement of the youth development work in the following years (just look at the results of our NT now) ;)

Well, if had to talk in pes language, even with 2 points less in all the keys abilities Kahn would still be a better GK than Jens ;) ..

Like i said, it shouldn't change too much..

Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:21 pm

Honestly, in my opinion Kahn should have mentality 99. I know Obdulio Varela is somewhat sacrosanct concerning this ability as his inspiring speech before 1950 WC "final" as well as his presence on the pitch during the match were probably the main reasons for one of the greatest wonders in football history. But Kahn was just... unparalleled concerning his devouring will to win. There are so many scenes throughout his whole career in which he demonstrated immense strength of nerve, e.g. during one of the most dramatic penalty shootouts in football history in CL final 2001 or throughout the whole 2002 WC; not to forget the last match of 2000/01 season when Bayern effectively had lost the title to Schalke minutes before the end of the match. But Kahn was the one who was still fighting for the title and even wanted to take the final free kick against HSV which was eventually taken by Andersson who scored the league winning goal for Bayern, then. Or when he kept on playing a match although being hit by a golf ball and bleeding severely, afterwards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPWwQYI-1Rk. Yes, he frequently freaked out but this is applicable to Roy Keane, as well, and he has mentality 98.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:39 am

Saeta wrote:
Yes, he frequently freaked out but this is applicable to Roy Keane, as well, and he has mentality 98.

Gattuso too :mrgreen:

Yes, he could have it, it's not big deal, i mean how often do you see such feats of tenacity displayed like that lol

Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:00 am

I even could recognize him :lol:

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:33 pm

Happy Birthday Olli, can't believe that the greatest German GK of all time is already 50 years old..

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]