It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 CHA Bum-Kun 1979-1986 

STATS BY NAKAYAMA#9

Name: Cha Bum-Kun

Nickname: ''Tscha Bum'' & "Cha Boom" in Germany

Club: Eintracht Frankfurt (1979-1983) | Bayer Leverkusen (1983-1989)
Number: 11
Position: *CF, WF
Side: RF/BS

Height: 181 cm
Weight: 77 kg

Attack: 86
Defence: 35
Balance: 83
Stamina: 84
Top Speed: 88
Acceleration: 93
Response: 85
Agility: 83
Dribble Accuracy: 86
Dribble Speed: 84
Short Pass Accuracy: 75
Short Pass Speed: 75
Long Pass Accuracy: 75
Long Pass Speed: 78
Shot Accuracy: 84
Shot Power: 88
Shot Technique: 87
Free Kick Accuracy: 72
Curling: 73
Header: 86
Jump: 90
Technique: 88
Aggression: 84
Mentality: 79
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 78

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition: 7
Weak Foot Accuracy: 7
Weak Foot Frequency: 6
Consistency: 7
Growth type: Standard/Lasting

CARDS:
S01 - Marauding
S05 - 1-touch Play
S14 - Speed Merchant

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Reaction - Scoring - 1-Touch Pass

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO:

Undoubtedly one of Asia's greatest ever players, South Korean striker Cha Bum-Kun is one of the few Asian players ever to make an impact at the top level of European club football. He enjoyed a long career in club football in Germany as well as a fine international career and went on to a coaching career at both club and international level.

Cha's club career started out in Korea with the Air Force Club, and in 1972 he made his international debut at the age of 18, the youngest ever international for South Korea. His debut came in the Asian Cup in Thailand, where he played five games as South Korea finished as runners-up. His performances in Korea attracted the attention of European clubs and in 1978 Cha moved to West Germany to join SV Darmstadt 98. His move to Europe seemed to mark the end of his international career after already a Korean record 118 caps.

Playing only one league game for Darmstadt, Cha moved on to Eintracht Frankfurt a year later and in his first season with the club helped the team to win the U.E.F.A. Cup. Further success followed in the West German Cup in 1981, and Cha became one of the most popular players at the club. He made more than 100 appearances for Eintracht before moving on to Bayer 04 Leverkusen in 1983.

In 1985, South Korea qualified for the World Cup finals for the first time since 1954, and Cha came out of international retirement to appear in the finals. He played in all three games, against eventual champions Argentina, reigning champions Italy and Bulgaria, but could not prevent South Korea going out in the first round. His playing career continued for three more years, and he won a second U.E.F.A. Cup in 1988, his only major honour with Leverkusen.

Having retired from playing, Cha's coaching career began in 1990 with Ulsan Hyundai Horang-i, where he remained for four years. In 1997 he was named national coach and took South Korea to the 1998 World Cup finals, but they were defeated in their first two games in France and Cha was fired before their final match. After a short spell coaching in China with Shenzhen, he moved into media work but returned to coaching in 2004 with Suwon Samsung Bluewings, who he led to the K-League title in his first season.

Cha's son, Cha Du-Ri, is also a South Korean international and he was part of the team which reached the second round of the FIFA World Cup Finals in South Africa in 2010.

INFO Wikipedia

Cha Bum-Kun (born 22 May 1953 in Hwaseong, South Korea) is a South Korean football manager and former player, nicknamed Tscha Bum in Germany ("Cha Boom") because of his name and his thunderous ball striking ability. In South Korea, Cha is greatly respected for his accomplishments in the Bundesliga and the South Korean national team. During his career, Cha has played for SV Darmstadt 98, Eintracht Frankfurt and Bayer 04 Leverkusen, and represented his national side 121 times, scoring 55 goals. He was given the title Asia's Player of the Century by the International Federation of Football History and Statistics. He is the all time leading goal scorer for the South Korean National team.

Biography

Born in Hwaseong in the South Korean province of Gyeonggi, Cha Bum-Kun began his football career with the South Korean Air Force club in 1971, the same year he became a Korean U-19 international. By 1972 he had been capped by the Korean national team as the youngest player in history called up to the squad. After developing into the top player in his country, Cha wanted to play in Germany's Bundesliga. Cha promised to learn skills in Germany and help Korea advance in football. He eventually rose to international stardom and fulfilled his promise by coming back to South Korea after his retirement and starting youth soccer clinics. He coached the national team in the 1998 World Cup and also Ulsan Hyundai and Suwon Samsung of the K-League.

Club career

Cha started his career in the Bundesliga at age 25. In December 1978, he was transferred to SV Darmstadt, where he spent less than a year before being snapped up by Eintracht Frankfurt. Cha made an immediate impact with his new club, scoring in three consecutive games. Frankfurt went on to win the UEFA Cup in the 1979–80 season. He was widely considered one of the best forwards in the Bundesliga throughout his career. He became the third-highest-paid soccer player in Germany. In the 1981 season, in a game against Leverkusen, he suffered a near career-ending knee injury.
In 1983 he was transferred to Bayer Leverkusen. He won a second UEFA Cup with them in 1988. Cha scored a dramatic equalizer against Espanyol to tie the game 3–3. Leverkusen eventually went on to win the game on penalties.
Cha retired in 1989 after a long Bundesliga career spanning 308 games in which he scored 98 goals (none from penalty kicks), then the highest for a foreign player in the league. Over his 10-year career, he received only one yellow card.

International career

Cha was part of the South Korean national team of the 1986 FIFA World Cup finals, in Mexico, where they lost to Argentina and Italy but earned a draw against Bulgaria. The opposing teams were fully aware of Cha's scoring abilities and frustrated him by marking him with two defenders at all times. He did not score any goals in the tournament. Looking back, he recalled: "We didn't achieve our first win but the campaign was not disappointing as we played hard and well against the best teams in the world, including the eventual champions Argentina."

*2 June: Argentina 3–1 South Korea
*5 June: Bulgaria 1–1 South Korea
*10 June: Italy 3–2 South Korea

VIDEOS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnITgRpgY_U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkNEl8_V-7k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeTclenhedk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2r_a2sEgbc

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:51 pm

Interesting to see difference in DA and TEC in regard to some other place where his stats are appeared.. anyway, I've always imagined him as great ball master with highly rated TEC.. I think I had him in my el clasico patch on 89/90 and DA 88..

Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:01 pm

Well I've discussed with Nakayama when he was still normal guy about this player and I've told him, I was very dissapointed with Cha in some Eintracht games I've watched. He played very bad in general, just occassionally showed good pace and that's all. He could have higher TEC and DA but I really don't see it on such a high numbers you were mentioning...

Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:13 pm
Profile WWW

Well, I've always appreciated this player and I have high opinion about his technical quality.. maybe DA could be 86/87 but I still think and surely I'd put TEC min on 88..

Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:18 pm

I can agree, but TBH I've never seen that in games I watched...

Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:23 pm
Profile WWW

What about DS? I think he can be in combination DA 86 DS 88.. he didn't lose speed when start dribble..

Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:29 pm

He can, but again I wasn't impressed with him..You can update him, I'm not sure if he was so good in heading eventually...

Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:31 pm
Profile WWW

Well, surely this 80 for DA and 82 for TEC aren't correct.. my impression are those numbers what I suggested.. I didn't watched him too much, but from what I've saw he knew dribble and was pretty successful in it, especialy he had very good ball control, with chest, at feet and generally he was skillful player.. jump could be in orange but not sure about header.. also I'd swapped SA with ST..

Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:36 pm

If you're sure, you can update him..Not much I can add ATM, at some point I had intention to make his stats, but in those Eintracht games he was practically invisible so I gave up...And later I didn't have more time to watch him in Leverkusen...

But he surely was great player...

Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:44 pm
Profile WWW

Updated..

Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]