Weak Foot Frequency: 5
Consistency: 6
Growth type: Standard/Lasting

CARDS:
P08 - Box-to-Box

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Playmaking - Center

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Balanced

INFO:
Witthaya is a former central, defensive and attacking midfielder. His career began in 1972 at Rajpracha, where he played 97 matches and scored 28 goals in five seasons. He transferred to Japanese team Yanmar Diesel ─ later Cerezo Osaka ─ in 1977, playing 33 games and scoring 14 goals in two seasons. He then became the first ever Thai to play in Europe, when he joined Hertha BSC in 1979. The first season wasn't successful as he played only a few times, the club was relegated and he was often bullied by his teammates because he was seen as a weakness. He played more in 2. Bundesliga. While he was in Berlin, Napoli had real interest in him but Witthaya refused because he didn't know much about Italian football ─ Napoli then bought Diego Maradona. He left Hertha in 1982 after a total of 36 appearances and 1 goal but stayed in Germany, transferring to Saarbrücken in 3. Liga. He was a regular for two seasons, gaining a promotion to 2. Bundesliga in the first year, playing 54 matches and scoring 7 goals. He came back to Rajpracha in 1984 and to Japan in 1987, this time at Matsushita ─ later Gamba Osaka ─ playing 60 matches and scoring 7 times until his retirement in 1991. He gained 61 caps for Thailand, scoring 18 goals and captaining many times.
Regared as one of the best ever Thai footballers, Witthaya was comfortable as defending as much as attacking, often pushing forward with the ball on his feet. He didn't play too much in Germany but he always received admiration from the media because he always showed good form and performance in every minute of play, never leaving his team down. He was combative in the defence and good in playmaking, organizing the game and taking part in offensive actions, moving either centrally or down the side throughout the whole match and delivering good and fast passes, being more accurate with the short ones. He possessed high stamina, very good technique and decent dribbling, even though it seems that he looked mainly for the simple play. He was fast and relied mainly on short bursts. He tried to deliver powerful long range shots but he often missed.

https://youtu.be/TY39qLWU8nM Thailand vs Singapore, 1985: Witthaya is the number 8 with the captain armband
https://youtu.be/ZQcCSu6hMbQ he can be seen here with the blue shirt number 7, not doing much though
https://youtu.be/8CzVf4OoI0g?t=134 stops the ball with a header and delivers a through pass forward

Last edited by Interista93 on Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:03 am

Even here in Germany he stood out for his technical skills and received praise for that, TEC and DA could be in low yellow for sure. TMW should get a raise as well, Playmaking and Center could also be added to S.A.. Don't know about Enforcer as card, I'd rather give him Box to Box there. If you're interested in more feedback on him, I could have a look in the kicker archive for some match reports from those years when he played in Germany.
CMF should be his primary position, AMF should also be added.

Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:53 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Even here in Germany he stood out for his technical skills and received praise for that, TEC and DA could be in low yellow for sure. TMW should get a raise as well, Playmaking and Center could also be added to S.A.. Don't know about Enforcer as card, I'd rather give him Box to Box there. If you're interested in more feedback on him, I could have a look in the kicker archive for some match reports from those years when he played in Germany.
CMF should be his primary position, AMF should also be added.

Thanks for the feedback. If you want to look for something on Kicker, I'd appreciate. From the very few things I found on YouTube I noticed he was quite good but I took in consideration the fact that he played mostly in 2. and 3. Liga. So I wasn't sure if raising some values or not. By the way, I wait for your reply, so I update him.

Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:19 pm

Updated.

Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]