P07: Mazing Run
S05: 1-touch Play
S06: Outside Curve
S17: Elastico
S20: Scooping

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Dribbling - Tactical Dribble - 1 touch Pass - Outside

Attack / Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO

The legendary former El Salvador player enthralled fans in the 1980s with his delectable moves on the field and his colourful social life off it. Indeed the people of El Salvador were not the only ones given license to dream by the creative midfielder. Equally enamoured were the fans of Spanish side Cadiz, who adopted him as one of their own and still believe him to be the club's greatest ever hero. So what has happened since he called time on his playing career, and has his life away from the pitch been as intense as ever? The answers might surprise you. After being recognised as his country's greatest player, Gonzalez has had a spell working in the US and further playing stints, not to mention collecting official awards along the way.
And who better than the man himself to explain the personality behind this most unusual of former players. "I've never considered myself to be an example to follow. I like to live life in my own way. I'm not one for conforming, or adhering to the logical approach that comes with appropriate behaviour." In 1991, at the age of 33, El Mágico bade his final farewell to Cadiz, the club dearest to his heart. However, anyone who thought this would mark the end of his playing career was greatly mistaken. He promptly returned to his former club in El Salvador, CD Fas, where he would continue to thrill the fans until retiring in 2000 - at the ripe old age of 42. The mercurial Salvadoran has not changed his off-field customs either. "I admit I'm no saint," he says. "I love going out at night and partying, and not even my mother could dissuade me. I don't like looking at football as a job. If I did that, it wouldn't be me. I only play for fun."
Unsurprisingly, the curtain coming down on Gonzalez's playing career did not signify the end of footballing adventures. On leaving FAS, the Salvadoran emigrated to the USA to take up the position of assistant coach with Houston. And while the sojourn there turned out to be brief, Gonzalez lost no time getting to know his new environs, driving a taxi cab round the Texan city in his spare time. In 2001, Cadiz staged a testimonial game for him in which banners such as "San Jorge, Mágico Gonzalez, Patron Saint of Cadiz" were affectionately waved. Many that evening also recounted some of the more colourful anecdotes about their former player, such as the time he nodded off on the shoulder of a defender while waiting for a corner, or the day when, still hungover, he arrived at half time with his side 0-3 down to Barcelona only to inspire a second-half comeback and help his side run out 4-3 winners. Two years later, the government of El Salvador bestowed on him the Hijo Meritísimo order of merit and, in his honour, changed the name of the national stadium from "Flor Blanca" to "Estadio Magico Gonzalez". For many this would be a source of tremendous satisfaction, but Jorge was unconvinced.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:53 am

a real genius

Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:45 am

No one on one goal with keeper ? ? he was chipping the goalie , that was his main thing besides crazy skill moves.
98 DA is too much he mostly was an agility dribbler , from my view he has 97 ball control , 95/96 dribbling accuracy , 93 agility (yes same as Maradona because he was taller 176 cm and has almost same weight 68 kg ) deserves better reaction he did actually recovered some balls with decent reaction time I suggest 80 . Also speed , dribbling speed , top speed need rework , actually all this set need rework IMO .

Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:02 am

Still doing changes, here the latest:

Height: 178 cm
Weight : 70 kg

Attack: 86
Defence: 32
Balance: 78
Stamina: 78
Top Speed: 87
Acceleration: 95
Response: 77
Agility: 90
Dribble Accuracy: 94
Dribble Speed: 89
Short Pass Accuracy: 86
Short Pass Speed:  78
Long Pass Accuracy: 84
Long Pass Speed:  76
Shot Accuracy: 86
Shot Power: 79
Shot Technique: 88
Free Kick Accuracy: 88
Curling: 89
Header: 70
Jump: 70
Technique: 95
Aggression: 84
Mentality: 62
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 60

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition/Fitness: 3
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 4
Consistency: 4

Special Ability: Dribbling, Tac Dribbling, 1-1 goalie, 1- touch pass/shot, Outside, Reactions

Last edited by Magico11 on Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:58 am

Quote:
Attack: 85-86 (lowered to stop him being a goal machine)

Quote:
Shot Accuracy: 93

This makes no sense.

Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:09 pm

Think goal machine maybe means a serial scorer like Trezeguet.

Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:47 pm

El Capo wrote:
Think goal machine maybe means a serial scorer like Trezeguet.

Any player with red dribbling stats, acceleration and aggression and then a 93 shooting accuracy is going to score like 50 goals a season, lol. That’s like combining Ronaldo and Messi’s stats. You could give him 70 ATT and RES and he’d still score 40 goals.

Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:52 pm

Oh man :( knew I was gonna be wrecked about 93 SA . I want to learn so thank you , my question is does 3/4 consistency reduces enough his damage ? Because you say that he can score 40 goals because of his DA combo with DS, TS, ACC but Messi never had 4 consistency or 4 condition . Also does consistency or condition reduce DA and TEC ? Anyway , I will edit my post with his stats after doing some further testing . And btw if he in 16 matches scored 10 goals then for 32 matches he might/might not of scored 20 and for a man of his stature , poor balance ,crap heading ability, 4 consistency/condition it didn't look so bad 93 SA , it just looked to me he scored many goals from lateral even made this amazing diagonal demi-lob with the outside of his foot and ball went to the root of the post .

Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:48 am

Consistency should affect the tendency to get better "form arrows".
So if the player gets constantly blue/purple arrows, it means that his performance would be mediocre, his fitness will drop very fast, etc, in other words: low Consistency

Either way, you'll know if the CPU will score 40 goals per season with him in Master Leage/League mode is to put him on a top team as starter.

Or better yet, put him with these stats on a shit team, again as starter; tell us what you get after a full season. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

StuartBannigan wrote:

Any player with red dribbling stats, acceleration and aggression and then a 93 shooting accuracy is going to score like 50 goals a season, lol. That’s like combining Ronaldo and Messi’s stats. You could give him 70 ATT and RES and he’d still score 40 goals.

That only happens when the Human player is skilled enough to emphasize the scoring record on the determined player, or maybe I never get impressed by the CPU scoring records as they tend to be quite random to me.

Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:18 am

I will test him in ML also simulate games against him and put him in a similar team as Cadiz . But doesn't condition has to do with physical decline and consistency with technical randomness during a game like missing a pass or shooting it into the stands ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/WEPES/comments ... _still_in/
https://www.reddit.com/r/WEPES/comments ... t/i16m04z/

Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:54 am

Condition is to keep him very fit after playing consecutive games, affecting the stamina gauge/bar.
Consistency is to maintain his individual performance great game after game, affecting the arrow form, which affects all his abilities.

EDIT

OK, now that I read the stuff on those reddit links, that's quite an interesting concept and makes my original comment look r3tarded to say the least. :lol:

Very redundant for statmakers tbh specially on the other modes such a League, Cup or Master League mode since we can't watch the rival teams plays each other so we don't know how much would it affect during a tournament.

Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]