P18 - Talisman
S02 - Passer
S05 - 1-touch Play
S16 - Roulette Skills
S17 - Flip Flap Skills

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Dribbling - Tactical Dribble - Passing - 1-touch Play

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO:
Rong Zhixing is a former left side midfielder or left winger, capable of playing as centre forward. His career began in 1966 at Guangzhou. The following season, he transferred to Guangdong, where he remained until the end of his career in 1982. He capped for China 34 times, scoring 9 goals, taking part to the 1976 AFC Asian Cup and 1982 FIFA World Cup qualifiers. He decided to retire after China lost to New Zealand in the 1982 FIFA World Cup qualifiers play-off. He was named Chinese player of the year three times in a row.
Nicknamed "Chinese Pelé", Rong Zhixing is one of the best players in the history of China. He was an inspiring winger due to his technical abilities, respect for his opponents, ethic during the match, lack of pride in winning honors. He was clear-minded, reactive, skillful. On one side, he possessed ordinary physical fitness and mediocre speed, on the other he was gifted with good football awareness, excellent footwork, superb ball control, good dribbling, accurate passing, a powerful shot. He could make personal actions by breaking through the defence or driving both attack and defence of his team, being the heart of both club and national team. Very modest, he never intentionally hurt an opponent nor he had unnecessary arguments with anyone. It was hard to steal the ball from him unless he was tackled down. He received fouls, at time getting injured, without caring nor complaining. Even when an opponent apologized to him after the match, he used to reply that he didn't notice anyone kicking him deliberately.

https://youtu.be/cy1uggRe_CI short tribute video

Last edited by Interista93 on Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:35 pm

I'm surprised about the values for DA, DS and AGI here, at least from the video I'd say they all could be raised by at least one or two points. Don't get me wrong, I understand your standards for those players are "harsher" since they usually played on lower level than European football but I wouldn't underrate them too much. At least his footwork seems pretty impressive, therefore DA 84 would be deserved here IMO.
I'd rather lower STA a bit (if it was just "ordinary" as you wrote) and maybe RES (since the speed of the games was/is usually lower in such countries as China, RES is IMO a good way to replicate that since it makes the players less faster in terms of response).
Same goes for passing btw: White value for SPS/LPS is understandable considering the style of the game but we can see some decent passes in the video from Rong + since he had reputation as a good passer, I personally don't see a reason why he shouldn't have at least green value for LPA as well.

Anyway those are just ideas how I'd rate him or similar players, guess everyone has his own standards there.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:57 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
I'm surprised about the values for DA, DS and AGI here, at least from the video I'd say they all could be raised by at least one or two points. Don't get me wrong, I understand your standards for those players are "harsher" since they usually played on lower level than European football but I wouldn't underrate them too much. At least his footwork seems pretty impressive, therefore DA 84 would be deserved here IMO.
I'd rather lower STA a bit (if it was just "ordinary" as you wrote) and maybe RES (since the speed of the games was/is usually lower in such countries as China, RES is IMO a good way to replicate that since it makes the players less faster in terms of response).
Same goes for passing btw: White value for SPS/LPS is understandable considering the style of the game but we can see some decent passes in the video from Rong + since he had reputation as a good passer, I personally don't see a reason why he shouldn't have at least green value for LPA as well.

Anyway those are just ideas how I'd rate him or similar players, guess everyone has his own standards there.

I indeed hardly rate players from weaker countries with medium/high values unless they played in bigger clubs or were near to be signed by one or showed good things against strong teams. However, if I get suggestions like yours, I have no problem raising some stats. I agree with everything you said but in the video some lofted passes don't look that good to me. Of course the video is very short, so I can imagine he did way better things in his career. I'll go for 75 in LPA.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]