Weak Foot Frequency: 4
Consistency: 5
Growth type: Early/Peak

CARDS:
P12 - Enforcer

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Defence Minded

INFO:
Kalambo was a left-half and left-back. His career started in 1970 at Roan United. He transferred to Ndola United in 1973 and there he had his best time. He left in 1983 and retired in 1986 at a spell at Ndola Lime. He capped for Zambia 82 times from 1973 to 1982, scoring once and representing the national team at the African Cup of Nations in 1974, 1978 and 1982. In 1980, he was named Zambia captain and Zambian Footballer of the Year.
Kalambo was reliable and his workrate in midfield was awesome. He was short in size but very strong on the ball, extremely tough and hard to beat with his terrier-like qualities. His opponents had to challenge him aggressively, sometimes resorting to fouls. In addition, he was a solid set piece taker throughout his career, scoring quite a few times from free kick. Making himself known since his debut with Zambia in a World Cup qualifier against Ethiopia in 1973 as replacement for left-back Edward Musonda who was sent off, Kalambo performed well with his tackling, overlapping and accurate crossing. As a result, he became a regular in the team. While he wasn't still a starter by the time Zambia took part to the 1974 African Cup, he played in the competition in the group stage against Uganda and was crucial in the match as he blocked a goal-bound shot and helped his team qualifying to the semi-finals.
A left-half with his clubs but a left-back with the national team, he was though moved to midfield at the 1982 African Cup of Nations due to the young John Kalusa being the starting left-back. Nonetheless, Kalambo was dealing with an injury at that time and was eventually featured only in the third place match against Algeria as he was even substituted in the second half.

Last edited by Interista93 on Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:53 pm

Spoiler: show

Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:52 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:

Thanks mate! Do you find these pics in a specific website? Even a google search gives me no results. And I couldn't find a good pic of Kalambo in any Zambia dedicated websites.

Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:39 pm

Interista93 wrote:
gurkenjoe93 wrote:

Thanks mate! Do you find these pics in a specific website? Even a google search gives me no results. And I couldn't find a good pic of Kalambo in any Zambia dedicated websites.

Actually I just googled Kaiser Kalambo :D
Sixth result was a link to a post in a Facebook group called "Zambian Football History" with the picture of him. Facebook is a good source for photos from those "exotic" NTs since not all of them appear on Google images.

Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:58 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Actually I just googled Kaiser Kalambo :D
Sixth result was a link to a post in a Facebook group called "Zambian Football History" with the picture of him. Facebook is a good source for photos from those "exotic" NTs since not all of them appear on Google images.

Damn, I even checked Facebook pages. And I'm confident that one of them is Zambian Football History because that page also has many useful info. Anyway, thanks again!

Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]