Consistency: 6
Growth type: Late/Peak

CARDS:
S07 - Man Marking
S08 - Slide Tackle

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Marking - Sliding

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Defence Minded

INFO:
Morini was a centre back. He played 170 matches for Sampdoria from 1963 to 1969. He then left for Juventus, where he spent the majority of his career, making 377 appearances before leaving in 1980. He retired that same year after a short experience in Canada at Toronto Blizzard. He capped for Italy 11 times.
Morini was a solid, careful and accurate defender. Tough but fair tackler, he never stopped marking his opponent, rarely committing fauls. Nicknamed "Morgan" like the pirate, he excelled at anticipating his opponents and just like a pirate he stole them the ball with ease, thanks also to a thin physique, very good ability in the air and speed, especially on the sprint. He was able to efficiently stop legendary strikers like Gigi Riva and Roberto Boninsegna. Riva especially described Morini as the toughest defender he played against, the one who gave him the hardest time and Cagliari's striker admitted that many times he was the one who had to give up in the duel. Morini was very focused on the defence and never scored a goal. However, he prevented so many times scoring chances of his that everytime it was like he scored a goal. He wasn't technically very gifted and avoided delivering long balls, preferring simple short passes to the nearest teammate. He had a great athletic condition, thanks to which he could play even with physical problems. His kicks didn't seem powerful because several times, when he kicked the ball away, it didn't go far and was often easily reached by an opponent.

Spoiler: show
https://youtu.be/SnkAqxYmG2g?t=47 , https://youtu.be/9Dw25v2vH-4?t=71 nice stops followed by a short pass
https://youtu.be/ci0vitIvxd8?t=67 header after a good leap
https://youtu.be/JXajpqNhlfo?t=71 excellent series of interceptions

Last edited by Interista93 on Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:35 pm

Updated.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:08 pm

I don't see a point why he needs mid yellow value for STA considering that he didn't cover much of the field except for his own half. I could understand such a value for sweepers like Wilson and Frosio (who both have 84 as well) who also took part in the build-up of the game and went forward with the ball but those stoppers who waited in their own half for the attackers to come certainly don't need mid-yellow values for STA.

Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:23 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
I don't see a point why he needs mid yellow value for STA considering that he didn't cover much of the field except for his own half. I could understand such a value for sweepers like Wilson and Frosio (who both have 84 as well) who also took part in the build-up of the game and went forward with the ball but those stoppers who waited in their own half for the attackers to come certainly don't need mid-yellow values for STA.

So, is high STA needed only for that matter in case of a defender? I thought it could be useful for the fact that he didn't give up on marking his opponent. I guess MEN works for that, right?

Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:32 pm

Friend, you are slightly taking some texts very literally :^/, Francesco Colonnese was not very different to that Morini info you left on the set, but I wouldn't give him 84-85 STA because he was only chasing with determination to Pippo Inzaghi or Roberto Mancini for example.

Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:20 am

El Capo wrote:
Friend, you are slightly taking some texts very literally :^/, Francesco Colonnese was not very different to that Morini info you left on the set, but I wouldn't give him 84-85 STA because he was only chasing with determination to Pippo Inzaghi or Roberto Mancini for example.

Okay, I get it now, thanks. I'll go for STA 81.

Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]