Form/Condition/Fitness: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 7
Weak Foot Frequency: 4
Consistency: 7
Growth type: Standard/Lasting

CARDS:
P15: Goal Poacher
S05: 1-touch play

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Reaction - Positioning - Scoring - 1-1 Scoring - 1-touch pass

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO:

Carlos Alonso González (born 23 August 1952), aka Santillana, is a Spanish retired footballer who played as a striker.

Best known for his Real Madrid spell (17 La Liga seasons, nearly 800 official games), he was known for his stellar heading ability despite not reaching 1.80m, and is widely regarded as one of the best strikers in the history of Spanish football.

The recipient of more than 50 caps for Spain, he represented the nation in two World Cups and as many European Championships.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:16 am

Image Image
These stats are pretty bad , you took inspiration from my rough set or the old PSD set , really not good

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:39 pm

Spoiler: show
Here what I discussed wback then :

A few explainations I will leave here these days when I'm finally done with all Real and Spain games from between 1978 and 1983 , especially TW is something but the other values will eventually change only by a -1/+1 point so I thought I could already post him , same as for Juanito them Stielike and Camacho almost never missed a game in this time period so I'm confident enough.

I want to explain what I meant with TW , first of all I must say that Santillana was a player who played for the team and gave everything for his club and nation but in most games the only times you would see him touching a ball would be when he actually scored or would set up high balls with his head for his teammates ( because when he headed on goal he would 90% score anyway ) .
But there are some other games or even in just some situations ( which I try to ignore as best as I can because I try to rate a player what he has mostly shown ) when he chased defenders very successfully , he would come very deep to the midfield to recieve the ball , the problem is if I want to replicate this playing style I'm afraid that lets say a +2/+4 increase for TW wouldnt do it but a +10 points increase to have the right effect but however I'm thinking about to increase his TW eventually just by a few points to mid/high 70's region because it would be probably unfair if a forward like Lineker would be just one or two points lower than him.

Will test him with TW 85 these days , DEF could be at 53-55 , LPA 76 ,DA 76 maybe, what a great player he was really , David Villa profiited only from great teammates , Santillana , Quini and Raul should be the greatest spanish forwards.

Tested him with TW 85 and it can stay and removed *Reaction and added *Outside

To coming to an end to my little essay here about his TW , I think the Euro 1984 was really an exception and certain things are impossible to acomplish with PES stats for example having a striker like him appearing suddenly in defence helping out , not with high TW nor with high DEF still his DEF 50 is justified also for other reasons therefore it should stay .
TW , like I said he was a teamplayer but he also knew what his main job was and that was pushing the ball over the line and often you would forget that hes still playing , he was no Gerd Muller or Alan Shearer who is at TW 81 and Santillana doesn't even qualify for that value hence TW 85 is out of question.
Howeer I guess I will still leave some comments here anyway spite what I said :mrgreen:

Anyway I see him as an excellent teamplayer but I cant give a good TW value to a player who would disappear completely at times and then its just there at a cross.
There is no comparison with Butragueno at least .

[youtube]Ud1cZo7Kbvw[/youtube]
1:58 min.-2:25 min. - Santillana > Pelé

Shooting stats are too high though ( except SP ) , should be like ST 87-89 , SA 91

ImageImage

ImageImage

DA and LPA in the first set should be closer to the second set , DA might be even higher he wasnt only about agility , maybe 79 , LPA 74-75 , TECH down to 83 , about shooting stats I've already commented , SA should be totally enough at 90 .
I finally stick to the value for TW , regardless of being a teamplayer , you cant represent his playing style with high TW anyway because he would touch far too often the ball which is pretty far from the truth , Cond. is debatable , he was extremely reliable but 6 could be enough here.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]