Growth type: Standard

CARDS:
P15: Goal Poacher
S03: 1-on-1 Finish
S05: 1-touch Play

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Positioning - Scoring - 1-1 Scoring - Lines - 1-Touch Pass

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

Quote:
Müller was short, squat, awkward-looking and not notably fast; he never fitted the conventional idea of a great footballer, but he had lethal acceleration over short distances, a remarkable aerial game, and uncanny goalscoring instincts. His short legs gave him a strangely low center of gravity, so he could turn quickly and with perfect balance in spaces and at speeds that would cause other players to fall over. He also had a knack of scoring in unlikely situations. The impression that Gerd Müller was not very fast may stem from his short appearance. He did not run very much, but this is rather typical of people with fast-twitch muscle fibers – they rely on short bursts of speed. Speed and agility were always Gerd Müller's greatest assets – and this enabled him to reach an extreme acceleration and be first to the ball. He also regularly soared higher than much taller defenders while jumping for the ball.

_________________________________________________________________________________

STATS BY JEANMARC

Club Stats

Gerd defending on the picture - very often scene from Bayern games

Club: FC Bayern München
Position: *CF, SS, CMF, AMF
Side: RF/BS

Height: 176 cm
Weight: 80 kg

Attack: 98
Defence: 48
Balance: 83
Stamina: 80
Top Speed: 81
Acceleration: 85
Response: 96
Agility: 87
Dribble Accuracy: 81
Dribble Speed: 78
Short Pass Accuracy: 81
Short Pass Speed: 75
Long Pass Accuracy: 73
Long Pass Speed: 73
Shot Accuracy: 98
Shot Power: 80
Shot Technique: 96
Free Kick Accuracy: 63
Curling: 65
Header: 93
Jump: 88
Technique: 80
Aggression: 94
Mentality: 83
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 84

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition: 8
Weak Foot Accuracy: 7
Weak Foot Frequency: 7
Consistency: 8
Growth type: Early Lasting

CARDS:
S03: 1-on-1 Finish
S05: 1-touch Play

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Positioning - Scoring - 1-1 Scoring - 1-Touch Pass

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

SONSTIGES

Quote:
Rainer Bonhof: Absolut. Wobei man sagen muss, dass der Gerd in Mönchengladbach des Öfteren als Abwehrspieler auflief.

Quote:
Seine ausgezeichnete Technik, die blitzschnelle Drehung auf engstem Raum mit überraschendem Torschuss – sogar aus schlechter Position – das sind seine Merkmale, mit denen er berühmt wurde. Er war bekannt dafür, dass er mit seinen Dribblings jede Abwehr ablenken konnte. Berühmt ist die Zusammemarbeit mit Franz "Der Kaiser" Beckenbauer, dem er viele Traumpässe verdankt.

Quote:
What's rated wrong is his passing, he had 87 :!: :!: :!: :!: assists during his time in Bayern. For example here on 1:05: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEQiLGz5e3w

Quote:
Müller war kein Bomber; er war mit 68 Kilogramm bei 1,77 Meter Körpergröße auch weder auffällig klein noch dick, und ein Abstauber war er erst recht nicht.

Quote:
Und in der Tat sah Müller mit seinen im Verhältnis zum Oberkörper zu kurzen Beinen und seinen mit 64 Zentimeter Umfang zu dicken Oberschenkeln eher wie ein Kraftsportler eines osteuropäischen Landes aus.

Quote:
In der Jugendmannschaft schoss der kleine Müller, der als Neunjähriger zum TSV Nördlingen kam, in der Saison 62/63 insgesamt 180 von 204 Toren. Damals war er bereits Kapitän der bayerischen Jugendauswahl. Und die erste Mannschaft des Vereins wartete sehnlichst auf diesen Spieler, der aus einfachen Verhältnissen stammte. Müller enttäuschte seine Mitspieler nicht.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBVSzKCZ ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mj6x_RH ... re=related

Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Why he have two differents sets of the same Era :?

Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:04 pm

For Gerd Muller should add the cards: "P19 - Fox In The Box" and "S01 - Marauding" because he is one of the largest predators of the penalty areas and because he was always seeking goals. Maybe it's just an oversight or distraction of the author's post.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:57 am

For me his SPA is actually too low, he was good at playing quick 1-2's, and actually lead the Bundesliga in assists twice (from what I've read). Even his ACC seems a bit low considering he had a fantastic burst of speed, although maybe he just seemed quicker because of his ridiculous reflexes...

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:02 am

And the height is different in both.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:40 am

Happy 75th birthday "Bomber", it's a tragedy how illness has hit you..

The greatest CF to ever play the game, both idol and legend for eternity. There will never be another player like you, FC Bayern would have never become that great without you, Franz and Sepp..

Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:18 am

https://fcbayern.com/de/news/2021/08/de ... tURL=gtjiH
R.I.P. Gerd :cry: You can't be praised enough for what you've done for Bayern and our country, you'll be deeply missed. I can just repeat what I wrote last year:
gurkenjoe93 wrote:
The greatest CF to ever play the game, both idol and legend for eternity. There will never be another player like you, FC Bayern would have never become that great without you, Franz and Sepp..

Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:45 am

Rest in peace

Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:26 pm

I just can't believe... Rest In Peace ❤

Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:30 pm

Rest in peace.

Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:33 pm

I only started viewing compilations of Muller over the past two weeks and prior to that thought, he was simply a penalty box goal poacher. The compilations of him that I have viewed have blown my mind away. He was a much more complete all-round footballer than is acknowledged. He had brilliant ball control, linked up well with his teammates and frequently dropped deep to win the ball back and initiate attacking moves. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEw8BYovO1o These two compilations showcase his all-round game in addition to his phenomenal goal scoring. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV7nrA_4PVE&t=353s

Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:21 pm

Mullers ball control was very impressive as this video showcases https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5kaeSo2Miw&t=445s
I viewed England vs West Germany in 1972 lately and Muller appeared inside his own penalty box on a number of occasions to help out defensively. He is way underrated and was so much more than a goal poacher.

Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:26 pm

His biggest strength besides his positioning was his acceleration. Even Beckenbauer commented how he was impossible to stop during training because of his speed so there should be an increase in his acceleration. Top speed was average but he was very quick off the mark and that's how he beat defenders.

Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:27 pm

Jordan23 wrote:
His biggest strength besides his positioning was his acceleration. Even Beckenbauer commented how he was impossible to stop during training because of his speed so there should be an increase in his acceleration. Top speed was average but he was very quick off the mark and that's how he beat defenders.

Are you planning on doing anything on this website apart from complaining about peoples work?

Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:49 pm
Profile WWW

I'm making valid points and I have a right to my opinion.So relax. You've contributed nothing by making that statement and just shown yourself to be overly sensitive.

Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next