Weak Foot Accuracy: 7
Weak Foot Frequency: 5
Consistency: 6
Growth Type: Standard

CARDS:
S01 Reaction
S03 1-on-1 Finish
S05 1-touch Play

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Positioning - Scoring - Reaction - 1on1 Scoring - 1 touch Pass

Attack / Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO:

Jupp Heynckes was one of the greatest ever German players. A stripped down style, constant mobility, great speed of execution characterized this perfect athlete. An introverted character in everyday life, he was also very generous on and off the pitch. He was very versatile player with great shooting abilities, technique, good speed and heading. He used to play as a classic centre forward or winger but often even as a deep lying forward who was coming frequently very deep to get the ball and start the attack. After Gerd Müller and Klaus Fischer the third highest-scoring goalgetter in Bundesliga history, Heynckes always had a desire and an urge to move infield as soon as he was in possession. He benefitted from Mönchengladbach’s flexible forward line in which Henning Jensen was the centre forward and Allan Simonsen the right wing only by name. But de facto the three forwards constantly interchanged positions. Heynckes, who was not very tall, could rise high in the air thanks to his extraordinary jumping power and scored many goals with headers, could shoot very well with both feet. In his last ever Bundesliga game he managed to score five goals. For Germany, Heynckes played a far more humble role. With Gerd Müller firmly occupying the centre forward spot, Heynckes found it hard to replicate his goal scoring ratio in club football, as playing for Germany he in fact had to play like a classic winger that had to service the centre forward. A role for which better suited players than Heynckes were available. After Müller’s retirement from the German national team in 1974, Heynckes got more playing time and became a regular starter for the national team but in his last three years as a professional he was constantly plagued by trouble with his knee which limited his playing time for club and country considerably. With Borussia he won in 1971, 1975, 1976 and 1977 four German championships, in 1973 the DFB Cup and 1975 UEFA Cup. Between 1970 and 1978 Jupp scored 168 goals in 226 Bundesliga games corresponding to an average of 0.74 goals per game. In 1974 and 1975 he was top scorer in both seasons with 30 and 27 goals, while in 1974 he shared the honor with Gerd Muller. After a total of 369 Bundesliga games, Jupp Heynckes retired in 1978 as player from the Bundesliga. In the Bundesliga with 195 goals he is scoring record of Borussia Moenchengladbach, the total number of 220 goals means third place in the eternal goal scorers in the Bundesliga behind Gerd Müller with 365 and Klaus Fischer with 268 goals. With 51 goals, he is also the fourth-top scorer in European club competitions. In his 64 games, he reached an average of 0.80 goals, which is surpassed by the top scorer Gerd Müller only by 0.89. In the history of the UEFA Cup is Heynckes, together with Dieter Müller, - both reached 29 goals - the third top scorer. For the German national football team, he won from 1967-1976 39 caps and scored 14 goals. With the national team in 1972, he won the European Championship in Belgium and in 1974 the world title on home soil.

Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:29 am

In fact he was a left wing forward/second striker, he seldom played in the centre of the attack despite his impressive scoring figures. I've only seen him playing as a CF when there was no other option for Gladbach (lack of effective forwards in the team or other forwards being injured for example).

Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:33 pm
Profile WWW

I thought I deserved an answer at least...

Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:45 pm
Profile WWW

MagicDip wrote:
I thought I deserved an answer at least...

Although I think that you want an answer from JeanMarc: I support this change, especially at NT he never really played as CF (no wonder as Gerd Müller played on this position) but also at BMG I saw him playing as WF mostly (at least in the few matches I watched), so position should be changed here ;)

Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:55 pm

Yes he was a winger who liked to cut in the box from the left side, I would add that he had a phenomenal change of rythm...almost Cruijff-like, I see his ACC much higher, something around 93-95. On the other hand his TS seemed a bit inferior to 85.

Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:08 pm
Profile WWW

His main position was not CF.. He rarely played there. He played as Second striker on the left side. So he was essentially a left side forward. Please correct this.

Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]