It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Stan BOWLES 1979-1980 

Stats by gurkenjoe93 with help from Milos

Name: Stanley Bowles

Nickname: "Stan the Man"

Club: Queens Park Rangers F.C. (1972-12/1979) Nottingham Forest F.C. (12/1979-1980)
Number: 8 | 10
Position: *CMF, AMF, SS (Nottingham Forest) | *SS, AMF (Queens Park Rangers)
Side: LF/BS

Height: 178 cm
Weight: 72 kg

Attack: 80
Defence: 55
Balance: 77
Stamina: 82
Top Speed: 81
Acceleration: 83
Response: 79
Agility: 84
Dribble Accuracy: 88
Dribble Speed: 82
Short Pass Accuracy: 91
Short Pass Speed: 83
Long Pass Accuracy: 85
Long Pass Speed: 77
Shot Accuracy: 81
Shot Power: 79
Shot Technique: 80
Free Kick Accuracy: 80
Curling: 84
Header: 72
Jump: 71
Technique: 92
Aggression: 83
Mentality: 79
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 83

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 6
Weak Foot Frequency: 6
Consistency: 5
Growth Type: Standard

CARDS:

P03 - Trickster
P05 - Mazing Run
P06 - Pinpoint Pass
S01 - Marauding
S02 - Passer
S05 - 1-Touch Play
S06 - Outside Curve

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Dribbling - Tactical Dribble - Reaction - Playmaking - Passing - 1-Touch-Play - Outside

Attack / Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

Last edited by Interista93 on Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:58 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:13 am

If you give Bowles AMF as prime position, green passing values, 65 (!) for FKA and 85 for TEC, then I doubt that you ever watched this player. If you simply type "Stan Bowles" on YT, the first video to show up is this one here:

0:35-0:50 => don't think I have to add anything here..
https://footballia.net/players/stan-bowles
I'm really tired of telling it but I guess I have to do it again and again:
Look for full games of a player and watch them. If you don't find full games, try to look for footage of this player. If you already watched full games, still go and watch the footage. If you don't find footage or games, then rely on texts.
Good stats making takes time and with all respect: rather post one well researched set for a player in a week than 16 (!) sets where even you aren't sure about their quality..

Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:11 pm

I watched both full games against Italy and Netherlands and he didn't seem to me he had great passes, also didn't had great matches there.. he seemed to me a player who mostly looked for dribblings. Maybe in those matches he played as SS and not as AMF and with these stats he should primarly be SS. However I watch almost every match that I find in that website whenever I make a player and in fact I didn't make Jimmy Mullen because there are no matches that feature him. I also already watched that short video about Bowles but I probably missed the seconds when he does those two passes. I'll increase passing abilities and curving. About FKA I didn't see him shooting a free kick..

Increased TS, ACC, AGI, SPA, SPS, LPA, LPS, FKA, CUR, HEA, TEC, AGG and TW.
Decreased DEF and STA.
Added Pinpoint Pass and Passing.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:14 pm

Since Milos and I worked together on that great Forest generation, we also finally made an update on those stats here.
I can just repeat what I discussed with Milos via PM: one of the best English players that I've ever seen in my life, excellent technician and incredible passer: he had no difficulties to control the ball before sending an accurate pass (especially his short passes and chips over the defence were great) to his team mate. While he was SS at QPR, Clough used him mostly as CMF (although Bowles didn't like that and wanted to play as SS on the right side), where he proved his playmaking skills but also showed good working rate on the field, not only in attack but also in defence.
I'm also planning to create a prime set for him, it will be added when I've finished it.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:56 pm

RIP Stan :( One of the great mavericks of English football in the 70s...

Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]