Weak Foot Frequency: 5
Consistency: 6
Growth Type: Standard

CARDS:
S07 Man Marking

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Marking

Attack / Defence Awareness Card: Balanced

INFO:

Vinko Cuzzi is former Croatian defender. He was known for his great speed, excellent physical shape and stamina. At his time he was regarded as the fastest player in Yugoslavia. Very bulky and strong player with powerful shot. He was mostly used as a side back due to his great runnig abilities but he could also act as a sweeper because he had good vision and ball control, therefore was skilled in starting attacks from the back line. Great captain and leader, the fighter who would chase his opponents all over the field like a terrier till the last second of the game. He won 8 caps for Yugoslavia and also played shortly for Lausanne.

Now I'm going to translate and write here some stuff from my book:

"More than 20000 supporters gathered that day to watch a game between players in white shirts and players in striped shirts. But players in white shirts just seem to be more skillful in those actions, dribblings and combinations. They were faster and more often threatened to outstanding keeper of the team in striped shirts. Players in white showed great play. But out of all them, player with number 2 on his back stood out the most. Player with very athlete built and very strong, he was everywhere on the pitch, stopping the opponents attacks imperturbably and rushing forward fulminantly causing chaos in opponents defence. He dribbled with ease past one defender, past two defenders, there was no way of stopping him. He was doing whatever he wanted to do. He shooted 3 times on opponents goal and was applaused by the fans. Who didn't realize what was going on here's: Players in white were Hajduk, players in striped were Partizan and guy with number 2 was Vinko Cuzzi. After the match Partizan's coach, legendary Stjepan Bobek said: Cuzzi's play today was a play of true maestro of football, the play I will remember for a long time. But it was heavy in the beginnings for Cuzzi to make the starting lineup. He even threatened to leave the club. Than one day Hajduk's coach Milovan Ćirić invited Cuzzi on serious conversation.

Now Cuzzi do you really think you are better than Žanetić, Kozlina, Garov and othe centre halfs of Hajduk (Cuzzi at that point played as a centre half)? Asked Ćirić. And Cuzzi immediately looked Ćirić in his eyes, hit with his fist strong on table and said:
I don't know who's better but I'll provide maximum in every game, leave my heart on the pitch and it will mean more to me than them, to soak the jersey I always dreamed about with sweat.
Ćirić was impressed and later said: I was so delighted with his self-cofidence, hustle and stength. I decided to put him on right back position due to his great speed and enormous radius of motion. And he immediately payed off that credit by becoming one of the most reliable side backs in Yugoslavia. But I (the author of the book) always appreciated the most his behaviour on and off the pitch, always true gentleman, exemplary and honest young man".

Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]