S06 - Outside Curve
S18 - Turning Skills
S19 - Scissors Skills
S20 - Flicking Skills

Dribble Style: 4
Free Kick Style: 8
Penalty Kick Style: 3
Attack/Defence Awareness: Attack-Minded

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Era: 1962-1966

Name: Edson Arantes do Nascimento - "Pelé"
Nickname: "O Rei"

Club: Santos FC
Position: SS , CF
Side: RF/BS
Era: 1962-1966

Height: 172 cm
Weight: 72 kg

Attack: 99
Defence: 35
Balance: 80
Stamina: 81
Top Speed: 85
Acceleration: 91
Response: 93
Agility: 88
Dribble Accuracy: 96
Dribble Speed: 85
Short Pass Accuracy: 83
Short Pass Speed: 72
Long Pass Accuracy: 81
Long Pass Speed: 72
Shot Accuracy: 98
Shot Power: 85
Shot Technique: 95
Free Kick Accuracy: 85
Curling: 83
Header: 91
Jump: 96
Technique: 97
Aggression: 90
Mentality: 82
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 80

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 8
Weak Foot Frequency: 7
Consistency: 8
Growth Type: Early/Lasting

CARDS:
P03 - Trickster
P05 - Mazing Run
S03 - 1-On-1 Finish
S04 - PK Taker
S05 - 1-Touch Play
S06 - Outside Curve
S18 - Turning Skills
S19 - Scissors Skills
S20 - Flicking Skills

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Dribbling - Scoring - 1-On-1 Scoring - Middle Shooting - Centre - Penalties - 1-Touch Pass - Outside

Penalty Kick Style: 1

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Era: 1969-1970

Club: Santos FC
Position: SS , CF , AMF
Era: 1969-1970

Weight: 74 kg

Attack: 98
Defence: 30
Balance: 80
Stamina: 78
Top Speed: 83
Acceleration: 86
Response: 92
Agility: 85
Dribble Accuracy: 95
Dribble Speed: 85
Short Pass Accuracy: 86
Long Pass Accuracy: 83
Long Pass Speed: 72
Shot Accuracy: 95
Shot Power: 85
Shot Technique: 93
Free Kick Accuracy: 85
Curling: 83
Header: 90
Jump: 95
Technique: 97
Aggression: 85
Mentality: 82
Team Work: 80

Condition: 5
Consistency: 6
Growth Type: Standard/Lasting

CARDS:
P03 - Trickster
P15 - Free Roaming
S03 - 1-On-1 Finish
S04 - PK Taker
S05 - 1-Touch Play
S06 - Outside Curve
S18 - Turning Skills
S19 - Scissors Skills
S20 - Flicking Skills

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Tactical Dribble - Scoring - 1-On-1 Scoring - Centre - Penalties - 1-Touch Pass - Outside

Era: 1975-1977

Club: New York Cosmos
Position: SS , AMF
Era: 1975-1977

Weight: 74 kg

Attack: 83
Defence: 25
Balance: 76
Stamina: 70
Top Speed: 77
Acceleration: 82
Response: 82
Agility: 78
Dribble Accuracy: 91
Dribble Speed: 77
Short Pass Accuracy: 85
Long Pass Accuracy: 82
Long Pass Speed: 70
Shot Accuracy: 82
Shot Power: 79
Shot Technique: 84
Free Kick Accuracy: 80
Curling: 82
Header: 90
Jump: 92
Technique: 92
Aggression: 80
Mentality: 73
Team Work: 72

Condition: 5
Consistency: 4
Growth Type: Standard/Lasting

CARDS:
P03 - Trickster
P15 - Free Roaming
S03 - 1-On-1 Finish
S04 - PK Taker
S05 - 1-Touch Play
S06 - Outside Curve

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Tactical Dribble - 1-On-1 Scoring - Centre - Penalties - 1-Touch Pass - Outside

Last edited by MagicDip on Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:40 am
Profile WWW

TheGreatRossonero wrote:
Saeta wrote:

Yes, his technique is really overrated, every school kid can control the ball the way he does, for example at min. 0:20, 0:25 in this video, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ODR6J_cI494, thus his technique is 72 at most... :roll:

This was sarcastic, just saying... :?

yeah against that big Teams of brazil era :v like paranaense , chapocoense and others greats of the Americas

Theres no reach at dinho TEC or Diego TEC

Maradona in his late years and Ronaldinho played against much weaker defenders in South America, according to your "logic" those players should be decreased in those abilities as well..

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:30 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Maradona in his late years and Ronaldinho played against much weaker defenders in South America, according to your "logic" those players should be decreased in those abilities as well..

Modern Football against old football , i have respect for all the classics players that keep alive the sport and give the best of his live to show his skills , but is a big difference beetwen a player of semi amateur era of football and other that is a athlete , Like xavi said the sport of now is played by athletes playing football.

With all the respect also , i am not in charge of Dinhos thread

Spoiler: show

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:40 pm

Quote:
No hay peor ciego, que aquel que no quiere ver

Quote:
There is no worse blind man than the one who do not wanna see

If their eyes can't convince them, nothing will..

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:45 pm

Well, Great Rossonero, why do you always suggest to lower values related to the player's ability to control the ball, like DA and TEC, instead of physical stats, then? Athleticism doesn't make you into a better technician, solely. Cristiano Ronaldo is definitely faster, stronger and more untiring than Puskás could ever have been. But does this make him into a better player? No, definitely not.

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:55 pm

This channel has been uploading some rare Pelé matches.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSDaNH ... =dd&view=0

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:59 pm

????

Last edited by TheGreatRossonero on Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:59 pm

TheGreatRossonero wrote:
Modern Football against old football , i have respect for all the classics players that keep alive the sport and give the best of his live to show his skills , but is a big difference beetwen a player of semi amateur era of football and other that is a athlete , Like xavi said the sport of now is played by athletes playing football.

And for this i hate the modern football...
Pelé is a complete player. His technical in 97 is fine, because he makes a amusement park with this and his dribble. An the defense, okey, wasn't better than the actual, but they are more violent. Brazil loss in England because they recived a carnival of fouls. But in the others, He plays against France or Czechoslovakia

And in America plays versus Peñarol, Botafogo, Boca or Universidad Católica, stronger team on these times.

And the another way: Yes, Dinho deserves him tech (defenses more in order). The same for the Diego (Argentina ever have good defenders). The tech is only one and not for the football is more athletic than after means the tech of the after players is worse than the actuals. Only means this, they are more athletics, nothing more.

Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:06 pm

Just a line like "hey guys, he's one of the best, why don't we update him?" can let you update a player? Where is the democracy in here? We have worked a lot on Pelé on the previous sites, I can remember it quite well. Just: STOP updating without reasons.

TheGreatRossonero wrote:

And so?
Probably players like the midfielders of the 30's or 40's don't run like nowadays Muntari or Blasi or Matuidi? Or probably they didn't also have the possibility to work in training like nowadays players? And just for that they should have 10-15 points less in athletics terms?
Take a Caikovski, and let him train like a modern Giaccherini. We will see who would run the most.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:10 pm

Simcav wrote:
Just a line like "hey guys, he's one of the best, why don't we update him?" can let you update a player? Where is the democracy in here? We have worked a lot on Pelé on the previous sites, I can remember it quite well. Just: STOP updating without reasons.
TheGreatRossonero wrote:

And so?
Probably players like the midfielders of the 30's or 40's don't run like nowadays Muntari or Blasi or Matuidi? Or probably they didn't also have the possibility to work in training like nowadays players? And just for that they should have 10-15 points less in athletics terms?
Take a Caikovski, and let him train like a modern Giaccherini. We will see who would run the most.

I was talking about football i real life, in the game , is good if they can have good fitness stats , anyone want to play with a player that needs a substitution in first leg.

Is better is the players thread that are good rated like you said , would Locked so can you keep the term.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:17 pm

NO, I won't lock nothing here! Just what I ask is RESPECT. Pelé just cannot have a crucial value changed just because "he was one of the best", all the great players here are "one of the best", just put examples, give information, compare players, ask suggestions, before updating old stats.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:23 pm

To solve this problem, maybe we could introduce some sort of standardized guideline how to propose changes to player values, for example something like this:

Step 1: I suggest to give Baggio a TEC value of 99.
Step 2: Post a proof for this suggestion, e.g. texts or video clips.
Step 3: Compare the player's suggested value to other players on this site who already have that value and make a statement why you think the player should have that value, too.

One of the aspects of this site I always liked the most is that the players are very well nuanced so that it is easier to give appropriate arguments if one intends to change a value. So this is why, a standardized procedure of suggesting player values' changes could be helpful to maintain that differenciation.

Another point I would like to make is a very basic one: How should we rate players of different eras? Personally, I always treat players of a certain decade as being in some sort of microcosm. That means, I do not compare especially physical and fitness stats of a 50's player to those of a 90's player which would be really unfair, imo. E.g. I have given STA 99 to Di Stéfano although I'm fully aware of the fact that many modern players are way more untiring than he ever could have been. So why do I rate him the way I do, neverless? Because I rate him in the context of 40's, 50's and maybe 60's players but not in the context of the 90s and onwards.

So, the question would be: What should be the general rating guideline of this forum for players of vastly different eras: Should we rate them in the context of their time or in comparison to all the players of all the different decades?

Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:00 pm

Saeta wrote:
To solve this problem, maybe we could introduce some sort of standardized guideline how to propose changes to player values, for example something like this:

Step 3: Compare the player's suggested value to other players on this site who already have that value and make a statement why you think the player should have that value, too.

That is a good suggestion Pal , that its something that need to be fixed to avoid more unnecesary discussion and concess to all :)

Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:03 pm

Saeta wrote:

One of the aspects of this site I always liked the most is that the players are very well nuanced so that it is easier to give appropriate arguments if one intends to change a value. So this is why, a standardized procedure of suggesting player values' changes could be helpful to maintain that differenciation.

Another point I would like to make is a very basic one: How should we rate players of different eras? Personally, I always treat players of a certain decade as being in some sort of microcosm. That means, I do not compare especially physical and fitness stats of a 50's player to those of a 90's player which would be really unfair, imo. E.g. I have given STA 99 to Di Stéfano although I'm fully aware of the fact that many modern players are way more untiring than he ever could have been. So why do I rate him the way I do, neverless? Because I rate him in the context of 40's, 50's and maybe 60's players but not in the context of the 90s and onwards.

So, the question would be: What should be the general rating guideline of this forum for players of vastly different eras: Should we rate them in the context of their time or in comparison to all the players of all the different decades?

Perfect mate, I definitely agree with you. But it could be also the "reverse": I want to rate the TEC of a new player, let's think about Dybala. How can I rate it? I start comparing him to other similar players stats, I take for example Maradona. Ok, Diego's TEC is way too much. I take another one, another one and again and again... until I will find a player really similar to him. That's the value, for the moment.
For the moment, yes, because if we update the starting value in the next week, also the new stats based on him need to change. If we accept without reasons that Pelé passed from 96 to 97 (and this just for one point!) so all the players on this forum based on Pelé need to be rethought.

And I agree with you also about the players from different eras. I always did the same as you. I like your word "Microcosm", it suits perfectly. And I agree with it. But this is just my opinion. If we compare STA of a CMF of nowadays like Muntari, and the STA of a player from the 30's, very probably Muntari would run much more. But this should be an "historical" and "contextual" mistake.
Just, or we decrease of 20-25 points every player from the 70's to the beginning of the last century, or we accept it. And personally, I like to play PES with Sindelar playing not just the first half of the match.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:12 pm

I forgot to put a video of his control. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN-ubmjnKiI
And I dont want to "overrate" him (personally I am a Maradona fan, not a Pelé fan) but I think that he deserves this value.
Talking about the comparision between player of different decades, I don't understand the big decrease in response in a lot of old players, for example.

Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:38 am

What happend with his youth era set in Santos 1956-1962 and his set in USA in Cosmos. ? :?

Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next