CARDS:
P15 - Goal Poacher
P16 - Fox in the Box
S01 - Marauding
S05 - 1-touch Play

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Reaction - Scoring - Post Player - 1-touch Play

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO:
Pascutti was a left winger or centre forward. He spent his entire career at Bologna, playing 325 matches, scoring 138 goals and being one of the main protagonists of the last Serie A title won by the team. He gained 17 caps for Italy, scoring 8 times. He held for many years the record of 10 consecutive goals without a penalty − he never scored from penalty at all − before Gabriel Batistuta broke it in 1994.
Brave, very quick and incredibly prolific, Pascutti was one of the most efficient strikers during his time. He ran a lot and scored over and over again, proving to be smart when lurking inside the box and a great header who didn't fear to hit the ball very close to the ground, risking to take kicks to the head. Iconic is his goal against Inter on 4th December 1966: a close to the ground header after anticipating Tarcisio Burgnich. He could score great goals, even with volleys or in acrobacy, but he also missed the easiest ones from very favorable positions. He sometimes was criticized by journalists and supporters because he classy and technical player that many wanted to see but they had to bow down to his playstyle made of great vision of the game, interceptions and goals. Critics always thought of him as graceful and ethereal. Instead, he usually was aggressive and raging but never unfair, except in one specific occasion: in a UEFA Euro qualifying match against USSR on 13th October 1963, he received a red card at the 23' minute after he hit defender Eduard Dubinskiy and then Italy didn't manage to qualify for the tournament. From that day, he was always booed in every Italian stadium, so much that he had to use earplugs!

https://youtu.be/SLD-8S0GyQ4 his header goal against Inter

Last edited by Interista93 on Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:48 pm

I watched a few documentaries and it's always said how incredible he was at anticipating the defenders. He always arrived first on the ball. Maybe RES could be raised to 89 or even 90, not exaggerating in my opinion.
He was also criticized sometimes for his lack of technique and he was always described as an attacker lurking for a scoring opportunities. I don't think he was a sort of playmaker since Bologna already had player such as Bulgarelli who had that task.
In an interview Pascutti said about himself that he scored many spectacular goals but missed a lot of easy goals. Does this affect his MEN or it has nothing to do with it?

Last edited by Interista93 on Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:38 pm

No:
Interista93 wrote:
In an interview Pascutti said about himself that he scored many spectacular goals but missed a lot of easy goals. Does this affect his MEN or it has nothing to do with it? I'm just asking.

He suffered from a Ibrahimović/Luis Suárez-esque pattern of scoring the most awesome goals, but also failling/wasting the easy goals.

Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:02 pm

El Capo wrote:
No:
Interista93 wrote:
In an interview Pascutti said about himself that he scored many spectacular goals but missed a lot of easy goals. Does this affect his MEN or it has nothing to do with it? I'm just asking.

He suffered from a Ibrahimović/Luis Suárez-esque pattern of scoring the most awesome goals, but also failling/wasting the easy goals.

Ok, thanks. I see indeed that both Ibra and Suárez have less than 80 in MEN but maybe it's for other reasons.

Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:06 pm

What i meant is ST > SA, which is already represented here.

Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:09 pm

El Capo wrote:
What i meant is ST > SA, which is already represented here.

Yes, I know but I asked something else. I wanted to know if the fact the he misses easy goals could somehow affect the MEN value.

Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:20 pm

Probably, remenber Gonzalo Higuaín

Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:52 pm

Updated.

Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:12 am

I somehow don't understand why he has all key stats for an attacker in orange despite beeing neither an extraordinary scorer (never scored more than 17 goals in a season) or complete player in terms of providing assists/crosses alongside goals. With those three stats + high yellow speed stats + those heading stats he's currently one of the top 3 "scoring" wingers from the 1960s, rivaled only by Riva and Hamrin and above players like Emmerich or Löhr who certainly weren't inferior to him. I don't want to question Pascutti's class in general but with the current set he seems a little too strong in comparision to the things that he archieved during his career.

Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:14 am

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
I somehow don't understand why he has all key stats for an attacker in orange despite beeing neither an extraordinary scorer (never scored more than 17 goals in a season) or complete player in terms of providing assists/crosses alongside goals. With those three stats + high yellow speed stats + those heading stats he's currently one of the top 3 "scoring" wingers from the 1960s, rivaled only by Riva and Hamrin and above players like Emmerich or Löhr who certainly weren't inferior to him. I don't want to question Pascutti's class in general but with the current set he seems a little too strong in comparision to the things that he archieved during his career.

I may have slightly overrated him. With the cards I assigned him, he should be deadly in the box even with lower stats. I'll decrease RES and AGG to yellow value and SA by one point. As you pointed out, he wasn't the type of player who provided assist and, in fact, I gave white values for passing stats, which I may decrease by one point as well.
However he was one of the best Italian wingers at his time. Take, for example, the 1962-63 season: he appeared only 18 times but scored 14 goals. Even when he was at the beginning of his career his scoring rate was good. Not for nothing he had a decent number of caps and goals for Italy. In my opinion, if it wasn't for his attitude and probably some condition problems, he would've played and scored even more.

Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:33 pm

Interista93 wrote:
gurkenjoe93 wrote:

I may have slightly overrated him. With the cards I assigned him, he should be deadly in the box even with lower stats. I'll decrease RES and AGG to yellow value and SA by one point. As you pointed out, he wasn't the type of player who provided assist and, in fact, I gave white values for passing stats, which I may decrease by one point as well.
However he was one of the best Italian wingers at his time. Take, for example, the 1962-63 season: he appeared only 18 times but scored 14 goals. Even when he was at the beginning of his career his scoring rate was good. Not for nothing he had a decent number of caps and goals for Italy. In my opinion, if it wasn't for his attitude and probably some condition problems, he would've played and scored even more.

As I said, I don't want to debase Pascutti's legacy.
Anyway I would have rather gone for yellow ATT instead of AGG (here I'd say 93 is fine) since yellow AGG will make him go to the box less often and if I understand your explanations correctly, he was most dangerous in the box and when making runs into the box.
ATT on the other hand could be on 87, something that also fits IMO better compared to Haller's ATT value (who was more complete player).

Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:14 pm

Is it possible to see the old set of Pascutti?

Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:54 pm

Alex10 wrote:

Many sets have been updated because they were often overrated and too many looked similar to each other.
That's at least my opinion. So, is there any reason why you want the old set?

Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:13 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Alex10 wrote:

Many sets have been updated because they were often overrated and too many looked similar to each other.
That's at least my opinion. So, is there any reason why you want the old set?

For me this Pascutti is good for the period 1964-67, when he was a good player, but no longer excellent. During the period 1962-63 he was one of the best strikers in the world and the old set was in my opinion more right.
This is by far the best site with the player abilities ​​from any era, but in my opinion it would be perfect by also reporting old sets to let everyone choose which set to use.
I use the values ​​of this site to update my database of Dino Dini's Player Manager, the only managerial video game that I consider amazing. For example, I don't understand why you don't keep somewhere the old set of young Del Piero (for me it was perfect), that ones of Inzaghi and Vieri at the time of Atalanta, that one of Pivatelli top scorer ... I have hundreds more examples ... If you want I can mention them all

Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:30 pm

Alex10 wrote:
For me this Pascutti is good for the period 1964-67, when he was a good player, but no longer excellent. During the period 1962-63 he was one of the best strikers in the world and the old set was in my opinion more right.
This is by far the best site with the player abilities ​​from any era, but in my opinion it would be perfect by also reporting old sets to let everyone choose which set to use.
I use the values ​​of this site to update my database of Dino Dini's Player Manager, the only managerial video game that I consider amazing. For example, I don't understand why you don't keep somewhere the old set of young Del Piero (for me it was perfect), that ones of Inzaghi and Vieri at the time of Atalanta, that one of Pivatelli top scorer ... I have hundreds more examples ... If you want I can mention them all

I agree with you about those players, especially Pivatelli should've again a set for his time at Bologna. However, I don't see this version of Pascutti as worse than the old one. After all you have a fast striker, who is highly effective in the box. I mean, just look at his ATT+AGG and RES+HEA combos, his ST is quite good and the cards he has are very helpful.

Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next