Consistency: 6
Growth Type: Standard/Lasting

CARDS:
P01: Classic N°10
P15: Free Roaming
S02: Passer
S04: PK Taker
S05: 1 Touch Play

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Tactical Dribbling - Playmaking - Passing - Penalties - 1 Touch Pass

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO :

The best Sparta player of the century, Andrej Kvašňák was a Czechoslovakia footballer who and also regarded one of the best Czechoslovakia player of all time. Great player with brilliant technique and strong shot, wasn't only a great conductor of the team but also great entertaiment and symbol of Sparta. Kvašňák was a worldclass footballer, although his unmistakable tall, slim figure and ungainly running at everybody raised at first glance the opposite impression. Dominated the ball brilliantly, had an amazing game overview and present leadership. He also very dangerous in heading ability. He played 47 times for Czechoslovakia national football team and scored 13 goals.

Stats by StuartBannigan

Era: 1969-1971

Club: KRC Mechelen
Position: *CMF, AMF, SS
Side: LF/BS

Height: 185 cm
Weight: 80 kg

Attack: 81
Defence: 51
Balance: 79
Stamina: 79
Top Speed: 69
Acceleration: 67
Response: 76
Agility: 66
Dribble Accuracy: 84
Dribble Speed: 67
Short Pass Accuracy: 88
Short Pass Speed: 72
Long Pass Accuracy: 89
Long Pass Speed: 76
Shot Accuracy: 80
Shot Power: 85
Shot Technique: 82
Free Kick Accuracy: 75
Curling: 77
Header: 86
Jump: 77
Technique: 91
Aggression: 74
Mentality: 80
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 91

Injury Tolerance: A
Condition/Fitness: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 4
Weak Foot Frequency: 3
Consistency: 6
Growth Type: Standard/Lasting

CARDS:
P01: Classic N°10
S02: Passer
S04: PK Taker
S05: 1 Touch Play

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Playmaking - Passing - Penalties - 1 Touch Pass

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

Sun May 25, 2014 4:31 pm

I've been watching him lately and what caught my eyes concerning his playing-style is that he wasn't that fast like the set suggests. He was more a player who liked to hold the ball on the center of the field, a maestro-like which concentrated his actions by organizing his team's actions. Therefore, he isn't a player of yellow material with respect to speed stats (Didi was faster than him, for example, and the Brazilian displays green values).

Although he was a tall player at the time he played, he didn't relied on his physical attributes, so his BB seems excessive. He was extremely technical gifted, though (the most talented Czechoslovakian player ever in my opinion, more than Masopust).

AGI and DS are overrated. A decrease of two points concerning these two abilities would be much more better.

His short passes had no pace although he had accuracy while performing them. He seldom attempted through balls for his attacking teammates.

JeanMarc, did you reduce his leap recently? Because I agree with the current value. His heading abilities were one of his hallmarks but his jump capacity wasn't anything special. He stood out in this aspect due to his above average height at that time rather than for natural impulsion.

Lastly, his STA rather at 83/84 at most.

Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:47 pm

Yes, all those Czechoslovakian players from the old site are very, very overrated. That's why I didn't want to transfer anything here...

From what I've seen of him, I was very dissapointed. Absolutely nothing, he was invisible, like he isn't on the pitch..

All good things you've said, I can say for Adamec, that was real legend, IMO far better than Kvašnak, Masopust and all the others..

Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:50 pm
Profile WWW

Absolutely nothing, he was invisible, like he isn't on the pitch

Yes, another item to be taken care of is his MEN which should be decreased as well.

By the way, I agree with 91/92 for TEC.

Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:04 am

Updated finally one of the slowest players I've ever seen, to round up my work here...

Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:13 pm
Profile WWW

Updated. He was an excellent technician and was great at keeping the ball moving and retaining possession, was a very good goalscorer with feet and head etc. but I have to say, he's one of the least physically talented footballers I've ever seen. He basically moved around the pitch with movements that were halfway between walking and jogging. He managed to do some defensive work positionally but it's kind of hard to tackle anyone when you're 3 steps behind the play at all times. I don't think I saw him run once. He was similar to Jim Baxter or Liedholm, probably a better goalscorer than both but even more immobile than them (which is quite impressive) and not as incisive with his passing. His passes were accurate but he didn't attempt many defence-splitting ones, most of them were short passes that travelled less than 10 yards. Still, he was definitely a very talented player, just one that could only exist in the time he played, even in the 70s or 80s he would have been too limited physically.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:56 pm

Added a Mechelen set. He played a bit deeper later in his career, was more inclined to use longer passes (something he didn't really use much in 1962) and improved a bit defensively. Although he didn't get into the box as much to try and score.

By the way, I'm convinced he was taller than this, but since every source states 182cm I'll leave it as it is. But as you can see here:

He looks significantly taller than Schrojf (listed as 176cm) and also taller than Popluhár (182cm). I'd say he was actually about 185cm in reality.

Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:11 pm

Thanks alot for those sets, any chance to see more stats for the 1962 team?
IMO you could raise height to 185 cm, especially when I look at this picture of him:

Spoiler: show

Btw he didn't play for KV Mechelen, he played for their local rivals K.R.C. Mechelen:

He isn't the only famous guy on that picture, with Norwegian legends Odd Iversen and Harald Sunde and also young Walter Meeuws beeing present there as well.

Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:42 pm

Quote:
Thanks alot for those sets, any chance to see more stats for the 1962 team?

Well right now I'm only focusing on Sparta players, but I'll have Václav Mašek updated at some point. Honestly their 1970 team seemed much more interesting on an individual level even if they performed much worse as a team. I can't say I'm knowledgeable about Czech football since it's hard for me to find text sources so I can only really rate from what I've seen, so I'm probably not the best person to be updating those guys to be honest :oops: That's also the reason I haven't made Košťálek, Čtyřoký and Kolenatý despite the fact we really need them in the database.

I've updated his height. Even in the videos he looked taller than everyone else on the pitch. Although Pluskal might have been taller than 182cm too, he had a really intimidating physique.

Quote:
Btw he didn't play for KV Mechelen, he played for their local rivals K.R.C. Mechelen:

I got tricked by him being in KV Mechelen All Stars :lol: Walter Meeuws is in that team too, guess it's just a mistake. I didn't know there was another team in Mechelen but it seems KRC have only spent 3 seasons in the top flight in the last 65 years and Kvašňák played for them in the 2nd division. Well, I learned something new :D

Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]