Growth Type: Early Peak

CARDS
S01: Reaction
S03: 1-on-1 Finish
S05: 1-touch Play

SPECIAL ABILITIES 1on1 Scoring - Reaction - 1 touch Pass - Positioning

Attack / Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

INFO

The all time leading scorer of Atletico Madrid. Escudero played as centre forward from 1952 and before that he was outside right. Great scorer even when playing on the wing, but he had many assists, scored often from counter attacks and was excellent at heading. Technically gifted player with good dribbling, powerful and precise shot and decent pace. He started playing in the Banco Hispano Americano, regional second, then go to the CD Midi, in the Third Division. In late 1945, at age 17, he signed for Atletico Madrid Club, then called Atlético Aviación. His debut in the First Division of the Spanish League football occurred on January 27, 1946 in the match between FC Barcelona and Atletico Madrid (2-1). With this team won consecutive league titles, 1950 and 1951. On January 6, 1955 the Club Atletico Madrid gave him a tribute match: Atletico Madrid 4-1 Wiener Sport (Austria). Escudero Although not yet retired but remained active three more seasons. Got a runner of the Copa del Rey in 1956. At the end of the 57-58 season, in which a runner consigió League, withdrew from the pitch as Atletico did not renew his contract. He played a total of 287 matches in Primera Division Spain, scoring 150 goals. Escudero, thanks to his goals, is the top scorer in the league in the history of Club Atlético de Madrid. Addition also will be remembered as the player who scored the 1000th goal in league Atletico set. It was in the match Celtic 3-2 Atletico Madrid played on March 8, 1953 in which Escudero scored a penalty the second goal for his team in the 88th minute. In one of the last interviews he did in life, in November 2009, recalled how he was known among fans for achieving the goal thousand: "By the time I got thousand of Atleti goal. That I said Atleti fans. Hey Adrian, you've got the goal thousand. In the Immaculate was a gas station and the gas station was Atleti. Then there were few suppliers in Madrid and when it was said to me: Here comes my friend, the goal thousand! And he always called me that, the goal of thousand ". At the end of his time as a player with Club Atlético de Madrid train offered the ranks and became first team coach, and even for a few days first. He also coached the Club Deportivo Badajoz. He took the team in the second division, half of the season 1967/68, and could not avoid relegation to Third. He was sacked early in the season 1968/69. Was international with Spain football team three times and scored one goal. His international debut was on December 7, 1952 in a match between Spain and Argentina. However, he was summoned to many more opportunities. In an interview told the curious reason that it was not playing the World Cup Brazil 1950: "I stayed focused and Basra 15 days in El Escorial for the World Cup in Brazil and when the time said Escudero and Basra stay in Madrid . Why? Because they had gotten a manager for the trip and there was no place on the plane ". He also played an encounter with Selection B of Spain. Escudero died in 2011.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]