Growth type: Standard

CARDS:
S02 - Passer
S09 - Covering
P06 - Pinpoint Pass

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Passing - Covering - Centre

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Balanced

INFO:

Start talking about your nickname by Bauer (Monster Maracanã) is to do a little justice to what he represented to the football and for the SPFC. Alongside Rui and Noronha, formed a large middle lines of football, repeating the partnership in the squad.

He had great skill with the ball and played with class despite its hefty size. It was the feeling of selection in the crown of 1950, suffering from the stigma to the other players not to be remembered for his deeds, but by defeat to Uruguay in the final, which is still remembered very sad for the country.
The Monster Maracana (by Dr. Catta Preta)

The "MONSTER MARACANÃ"

I am passionate about football. For the beautiful football, soccer gear, soccer excellence, soccer poetic.

I have seen many star players, the owners saw the ball, I saw many of those who the gods chose to shine for eternity football. I hate and repudiate baseness, I did not shut up. When I am faced with mediocrity, with casual gamers, wielding my weapons, who is content with little worth while. The applause for the median is the incentive for futility. Sometimes the talent appears, is rare, very rare, so when that happens, goodbye boredom, I am amazed, poetic!

Today in football, you talk about wings in midfield town. The world decided to build steering wheels. Nobody wants to lose. The wheels are alas, are lateral, are owners, are the lungs and the heart of the teams. Nonsense, do away with the real football!

There was a time when a football game lends itself to its original purpose, each of the opponents wanted to win the game. Then the teams went into the field to win, won the best. At the peak of football gear, soccer goal, playing on the 2/3/5 system.

Two quarterbacks took care of the area, three medium filled the midfield and the attackers were five, two open ends, two socks to aid in the attack (a more distant and a more aggressive) and the center forward, who was the tenant in the opposing indigestible .

There was talk then, mid-line. The players who populated the midline, the middle, the middle field, were those to whom they attributed the duty to solve the game. The average thought. They were the creators of any team. The midline paradigm of Brazilian football in the '40s was the Sao Paulo FC and was formed by Ruy, Bauer and Noronha. Ruy, Bauer and poetry without rhyme turned Noronha, Ruy, Bauer and Noronha became legend, synonymous with perfection.

In soccer fields flooded the streets in the Bela Vista, Sao Paulo, very boy, eleven or twelve years in the late '30s, came a boy will heal the son of Swiss father with Afro-Brazilian mother.

It was a boy who filled his eyes. Ze Carlos, as he was called by family and friends, was just too much. He was a pinguelão, was tall, thinner, was bold, elegant, it was necessary to elders when the deal was to play ball. There were people who went to the fields only those wetlands from Sao Paulo to see Zé Carlos command the veterans with their class, with its early maturity. From him they said it was an old boy, who has been born ready to teach football!

Someone recommended an emerging leader of Sao Paulo FC who went to see the prodigy. Immediately Zé Carlos was taken to Canindé to train. A career was born that day with gold.

Zé Carlos delighted the board and the coach of Sao Paulo. In the first practice among children, he gave a special concert. It looked like the team owner. Zé Carlos was not old enough to wear the shirt holder, had to wait long to finally move the world to know the genius. The Sao Paulo kept her secret, he hoped the boy grow. The directors and the closest year were entranced watching Ze Carlos train until the day 01/11/45 fielded. The Sao Paulo Leonidas, the Black Diamond, was the talk of the town, and Brazil. The Beloved had won the first time a title, the title of São Paulo, 1943, the currency had fallen standing in Sao Paulo was the frenzy of the city's inhabitants.

Zé Carlos Botafogo debut against the mighty Rio de Janeiro in a friendly at Pacaembu on a night in which several boys were given the chance to appear. The match ended 2 × 2 and he got a standing ovation by the crowd, who delighted in his way. It was quiet, kept his head up, owner of rings had incredible innate leadership, was a find!

The direction is-Pauline was undecided. Fix that kid twenty years instead of Zarzur, the average team, it was a recklessness. The promise was collected. Other friendlies came, Ze Carlos got out. But in practice you could not get excited, the boy already had turned the brain of the team. He called the game for you, holders penavam to win collective, Ze Carlos, with his class, he stole the scene. Then, almost by acclamation of players and fans, he returned to play in another friendly. In the same Pacaembu, would face Fluminense x São Paulo, another of the many friendlies that preceded the state championships.

Fluminense 1 x 0 done, the Sao Paulo and became equalized. Fluminense has made all equal and that the game seemed headed for an end to crony capitalism. Then Ze Carlos picked up a ball in the middle, left with her straight, who dribbled ahead and appeared to reach the penalty spot a bomb stuck to enact the victory of Sao Paulo for 3 × 2. The Pacaembu was wild, that boy never would leave the starting lineup.

José Carlos Bauer would form the largest line of the history of Brazilian football, and alongside Ruy Noronha. At the premiere of the Campeonato Paulista 1945, Sao Paulo was ready. GIJOE, Piolin and Virgil, Ruy, Bauer and Noronha, Louie, Sastre, Leonidas, Remo and Sparrow would make it rain.

The boy Zé Carlos was called by his surname, Bauer, Bauer sounded better, commanded respect. Since that April 1945, football would have a new star for eternity.

Bauer was complete. He dominated the midfield with its touches of class. Sometimes solved run with the ball for a middle of the wings. Ia dribbling one, two, three, four, when they realized he was there, at one end or beak right or left the area, to get the ball millimeter, the head of the conductor or man-Sastre rubber, Leonidas: gol do São Paulo!

Bauer would become a legend in football history. They say that Bauer did not give a pass, he took home the pellet to the foot of the companion who resolved to address the ball.

Ace elegant, tall, strong, no one in midfield could compare to him in 40 years. It is said that Bauer's feet left the ball scented. Owner ball surrendered to that stunning ace as if hypnotized. Bauer lived a magical time in the history of São Paulo FC. In 1945, Bauer has earned the title of Sao Paulo, many say he was the greatest player in the team this year.

In bi-São Paulo championship the following year, in 46 Sao Paulo FC gave a vareio competition; and stunningly won the title unbeaten. The final was against Palmeiras. The Pacaembu experienced one of its most glorious days. The game, heady, with a fantastic audience, was tied at 0 × 0 to the very end of 2nd time, the Sao Paulo was playing with one less, Renganeschi with muscle strain, was the number left-winger. This expression "make up the numbers," was meaningless. There was no replacement if a player is injured, or left or remained in the field, stopped at one end to complete the number of players on the pitch. It was thus that occasion with "Renga", the are called the Pauline-raçudo Argentine defender Renganeschi area of "Renga". He was injured and could barely walk on the field.

Just when you thought the game would end in a draw here is that Bauer dominated the ball in midfield and took off with it to right, dribbling past a lot of opponents gradually until it reaches the tip of the area. Dalí, Bauer raised his head, as was the custom and the elegance of a Lord crossed. The legendary goalkeeper Oberdan Palmeiras tried to stop the ball on top grappled with Louie, the right wing are, Pauline, passed the ball and fell on the nose of the small area, left side, the injured foot that pushed Renganeschi the network. The rampage Palmeiras, missing the giant wanted Oberdan, there expulsions, fights and the match ended. The St. Paul was consecrated undefeated champion of 1946!

After the game the crowd invaded the field tricolor, Bauer was born in triumph, the whole stadium was shouting his name, was something unprecedented.

Bauer shine intensely, 1945, when it opened, until 1954 when, as a veteran for football season, took leave of São Paulo. Winner, Bauer was synonymous with evidence: He won the Paulista championship, the main competition that the club disputed at the time in 45/46/48/49/53. Turned myth.

Bauer would have been applauded worldwide. The world would be grateful. Fate however did not let the crowds know him. In 40 years there was no World Cups, the ignorance of men who made war not let him, and many other geniuses of Brazilian ball, became universal.

At 50, the crown in Brazil undertook to show the art soccer that the Brazilians had been practicing. Brazil lost the crown fatalist, I do not want to come back here to the minutiae of that episode of bitterness in what became the final game against Uruguay.

Brazil has enchanted the world in 1950, despite the painful defeat. Our center was medium-Bauer. Bauer paraded its elegance, its class and its leadership in that crown. Played, as always, incomparable way. Despite the defeat fateful Bauer, complied unanimously by the international press was called the "Monster of the Maracana." His performance was flawless.

From my late father-are Pauline, I heard that Bauer was the very embodiment of São Paulo FC in the '40s and early '50s. Bauer was and is my idol, the name of Bauer sounded and sounds holy to me.

At one such party of celebration that Sao Paulo was gathering his former star players I was a few feet José Carlos Bauer. However I have not had the courage to get closer to mythological hero. Preferred, for reasons unknown to this day, stand aloof. I think perhaps the concept that once established in the sense that it does not touch the idols. Idols are gold, are intangible, untouchable, unfathomable. One should worship the idols from afar.

See Bauer was enough. The proud figure of the gentleman elegant, upright posture, with gray hair and aura noble referred me to the past and I, myself, saw him on the field, like a god. I'll never forget that moment.

Bauer died the following year. But their deeds are eternal.

The passing years will not erase the history that the Golden Monster Maracana "written with unforgettable lyrics.

The Sao Paulo FC owes much to that shining icon of the category, class, the nobility in dealing with the ball.

Bauer is a name forever. A name immortal.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]