It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Bernard VUKAS 1950-1955 

Stats by Milos & JeanMarc

Name: Bernard Vukas

Nickname: "Bajdo", "Gospodar lopte" ("Lord Of The Ball")

Club: HNK Hajduk Split
Number: 10
Position: *AMF, SS, CF, WF, (CMF)
Side: RF/BS

Height: 170 cm
Weight: 70 kg

Attack: 92
Defence: 55
Balance: 79
Stamina: 88
Top Speed: 84
Acceleration: 91
Response: 83
Agility: 90
Dribble Accuracy: 96
Dribble Speed: 85
Short Pass Accuracy: 88
Short Pass Speed: 74
Long Pass Accuracy: 83
Long Pass Speed: 75
Shot Accuracy: 90
Shot Power: 82
Shot Technique: 91
Free Kick Accuracy: 76
Curling: 78
Header: 74
Jump: 78
Technique: 93
Aggression: 84
Mentality: 88
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 85

Injury Tolerance: A
Condition: 5
Weak Foot Accuracy: 7
Weak Foot Frequency: 7
Consistency: 7
Growth type: Standard/Lasting

CARDS:
S01 - Marauding
S03 - 1-on-1 Finish
S15 - Shoulder Feint Skills
S19 - Scissors Skills
S21 - Step On Skills
P03 - Trickster
P05 - Mazing Run
P17 - Chasing Back
P18 - Talisman

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Dribbling - Reaction - Playmaking - Scoring - 1-1 Scoring

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Balanced

INFO:

Bernard "Bajdo" Vukas (May 1, 1927 in Zagreb – April 4, 1983 in Zagreb) was a Croatian football player. He could play on all attacking positions in the team as well as attacking midfielder who start attack from deep and is mostly remembered for his extraordinary dribbling ability. In 2000, he was voted by the Croatian Football Federation as the best Croatian player of all Time, and in a poll by Vecernji List, he was voted the best Croatian athlete of the 20th century. Vukas started his career in the youth ranks of Concordia Zagreb. After WW2, he spent some time in NK Amater Zagreb before moving to Hajduk Split in 1947. He stayed in Hajduk until 1957, playing 202 games and scoring 89 goals. With Hajduk, Vukas won the Yugoslav First League title on three occasions, in 1950, 1952 and 1955, and he was the leagues top scorer in the 1954/55 season with 20 goals. In 1950, Vukas helped Hajduk win the Yugoslav First League undefeated, a record which has never been broken.

In 1957 he moved to Bologna F.C. 1909, where he stayed for 2 years playing 48 games and scoring 2 goals, but his time there was overshadowed by serious illness. He returned to Hajduk in 1959 and remained until 1963, playing 65 games and scoring 5 goals. He spent his last days as a football player in Austria, playing for Austria Klagenfurt, Grazer AK and Kapfenberger SV. Counting friendlies, Vukas played a total of 615 games for Hajduk Split and scored 300 goals. On the 23rd October 1953, Vukas, along with Branko Zebec, Vladimir Beara and Zlatko Čajkovski, played for FIFA's 'Rest of the World' team against England at Wembley - in a match to celebrate 90 years of English Football Association. The match ended 4:4, with Vukas assisting in two goals and being awarded penalty. Two years later, on the 13th of August 1955, Vukas was invited to play for the UEFA-Team in a friendly match against Great Britain played in Belfast, where Vukas scored a hatrick. With Yugoslavia he won 2 silver medals in the Olympic games.

National team

For the Yugoslav national team, he played 59 games between 1948 and 1957, and scored 22 goals. He was also a part of the Yugoslavian team in the 1950 and 1954 FIFA World Cups.

Achievements

* In Hajduk, Vukas won Yugoslav league titles three times, 1950, 1952 and 1955, whereupon the championship of 1950 was achieved without a defeat. This record is still alive.
* Twice the Yugoslav national team including Bernard Vukas won the silver medal at the Olympic Games (1948 and 1952).
* In the 1954/55 season, he led the Yugoslav league as the top goalscorer, with 20 goals.
* He played 615 games for Hajduk Split and scored 300 times.
* On 21. October 1953 he played in Wembley for the "Rest of the World" team against England. The final result was 4:4.
* On 13. August 1955 he was invited to play for the UEFA-team (Continental Team) in Belfast against Great Britain. The game ended 4:1 with a hat trick by Bernard Vukas.
* He was also a part of the Yugoslavia team in the 1950 FIFA World Cup and 1954 FIFA World Cup.
* In 2000 he was elected for the best Croatian football player of all times.

Quote:
Vukas made his debut for Hajduk as a left wing in the match against Belgrade's Metalac (August 17, 1947), and the following summer he played for the national team against Albania in Belgrade (June 27, 1948, 0: 0), and then He won a silver medal at the Olympic Games in London (and another in Helsinki in 1952). The fact that he literally deserved a place in the Olympic team for which the already established Lovrić, Brozović, Wölfl, Cimermančić, Bobek… And not only that, but Vukas was a real authority, speaks volumes about how talented Vukas was., testified Dragoslav Šekularac, also a world caliber from the end of the fifties of the last century:

- I was a young player, I just came into consideration for the national team, I was in the locker room during the preparations and I experienced that when Vukas spoke, everyone was silent. And Mitic, and Zebec, and Boskov, and everyone else…

Hajduk won three Yugoslav championships in the early 1950s, the Whites had a hardened captain Fran Matošić and two internationals, Vladimir Beara and Vukas, while all the others were more or less "manual workers". Later, fellow journalist Nikica Vukasin, unfortunately deceased, will write:

"Vukas' career was made for an exciting book and film, but everything can be said about him in one word: genius!"

There are three components to Vukas ’interpretation of football: outplaying, creating, and instilling confidence in his teammates. He was fierce, with fantastic technique, an understanding of football, inexhaustible energy, so he could play in today’s conditions, no matter how incredible it sounded. He used to be impatient, especially towards the players who did not give their all on the field. He was also a soloist in the game, but he did not tolerate that in others, so about Ante Žanetić, a great midfielder and member of the national team, winner of an Olympic gold medal and a silver medal at the first European Championships, Vukas once said:

- It would be better for us if we bought a cow than Lulija (Žanetić's nickname), because at least we would have milk.

And they played together in the team in the 1955/56 championship, Hajduk barely managed to survive. Much later, in the qualifying match for the 1982 World Cup against Italy in Turin (0: 2), Nenad Šalov wore the number ten jersey, so Vukas got angry:

- What an insult to me when Shalov got a number ten!

Vukas was forgiven for everything, he could do whatever he wanted in Split because he literally died on the field. It is interesting that he was especially inspired in the derbies against Dinamo. We remember the victory at Maksimir of 6: 0, but let's say the victory of 3: 2 (May 29, 1960) in Split, four rounds before the end, which cost the Blues the championship. It was a match in which Zanetic played very passively, he practically wanted Dinamo to win, so before the end of the first half, he was pulled off the field by coach Milovan Ciric (a star player at heart). The Zagreb players shouted at their rivals on the field, even during the holidays, especially from Zagreb's Vukas and Zlatko Papec: "Who are you fighting for ?!", which caused anger and even greater engagement in Bajdo. Hajduk won the match, the Red Star won the championship.

Vukas is also famous for being the first footballer in Yugoslavia to be allowed to go abroad, signing a three-year contract for Bologna, which was a consequence of his brilliant games against Azzurri (Torino 4: 0, Zagreb 6: 1). The transfer was pharaonic at the time: 66 million lire, Vukas got 60 million. He also financed the installation of a television relay on Kozjak, a hill near Split, so that Hajduk fans could watch Domenica Sportiva and his games for Bologna. He returned to Stari Plac after two years because he contracted jaundice, so he played for the Whites for another four years. And he scored one of his incredible goals against Sarajevo (7: 1): he took the ball in the center as a midfielder, so in the race - not a cliché - he deceived four or five opposing players, and finally the goalkeeper Ranko Planinić, walked into the goal .

What celebrities said about Bajdo .....

Seppl Herberger:

He is one of the great football artists I have ever met; and he knows this art in a remarkable way to make it useful for team play. To me he represents a prototype of the art and stial game of his country.

Bernard Vukas is not only one of the best players in the world, he is also, among equals, a flawless and exemplary athlete.

Walter Nausch:

Vukas, the wiggly, with a strong kick and intelligent player, who can be placed anywhere in the onslaught, is the pride of the Yugoslavs; experts outside his homeland unusually appreciate his knowledge, which confirms his invitation to the FIFA team.

Pierre Pibarot:

May the 50th selection in the national team see Bernard always equally useful to his team, may his international career be as long as possible thanks to his sporty and healthy life, these are my most sincere wishes for this nice and famous player.

Gustav Sebes:

I know Vukas as such; I had the opportunity to see in London, Belfast, Helsinki, Vienna, Paris and Budapest his excellent play and sporting demeanor.

Walter Winterbottom:

Bernard Vukas is a very famous figure in international football not only in Yugoslavia, but also throughout Europe. I watched him play on many occasions and he always impressed me with his speed, skill and athletic demeanor. It is often said that a top footballer can play anywhere in the team. This is true for Vukas, because he seems to be "at home" in every position.

Gianpiero Boniperti:

The last confirmation of the perfection of this player was given to me during the Italy-Yugoslavia match in Turin, in which my friend Bernard was a spectacle in itself.

Nandord Hidegkuti:

In my opinion, if the best team in the world were assembled today, it would not be a controversial issue who would have the position of center forward. The choice would surely fall on Vukas.

Raymond Kopa:

I had the opportunity to see Bernard Vukas develop in several replays, during the last three matches France - Yugoslavia and during the match Great Britain - Continent, and each time I could assess his great technique and his extraordinary sense of the game. He is the best Yugoslav player for me and for most French people.

Stanley Matthews:

Vukas played for Europe against Britain earlier this season and he was certainly one of the European stars. I will never forget his outstanding hat-trick and his brilliance at the game in Belfast, which marked him as one of the greatest players in the world.

Ernst Ocwirk:

Vukas is one of the best offensive players I have played against in my football life, and I am not exaggerating if I say that he takes the place of the best offensive player in the world.

Fritz Walter:

When it comes to good football, we will also talk about Yugoslavia, and when it comes to the question of the best footballers in the world, your name appears among the first.

Willy Meisl:

What we could see here from that Vukas; during the game he not only changed all the places in the rush, but he showed us all his penetrating strength, technical perfection, with a strong range in shooting, he created the most complicated situations, but he also solved and used them perfectly in a split second, and all this together classifies him as an international-class footballer.

Mario Zappa:

In such an environment, Vukas became an exponent of his country's football school. And at the same time the master and servant of the onslaught; he has the virtues of a center forward because of the finish and readiness to strike, the inside forward because of the perseverance of work and the huge mileage, which he knows how to give in one game, and the ability of the winger because of long flights into depth. By all accounts, it is an indispensable art of ball control.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:21 pm

he is LWG or CF and height 171cm.(in wikipedia info)

Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]