Weak Foot Frequency: 5
Consistency: 6
Growth type: Early Peak

CARDS:
-

SPECIAL ABILITIES: -

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Balanced

INFO:

Karl Schmidt played mainly as left winger and left back in his clubs, but in NT he played also as right back and wing half in midfield. Very useful player, pretty fast and good technician, with good jump, skillful on the ball and could score as well. Karl Schmidt studied in Marburg and Mainz law and sports. He played until 1951 when Tuspo Wabern, 1951-1955 at KSV Hessen Kassel, 1955-1960 at the 1st FC Kaiserslautern, and 1960-1963 at FK Pirmasens, mostly as a Fullback. For the KSV Hessen Kassel, he played 87 times, scoring 19 goals. For the first FC Kaiserslautern, he was from 1955 to 1962 a total of 116 units in operation, scoring six goals. Then he let his playing career finish in the then Oberliga West at FK Pirmasens, where he played 60 games yet. Last leg of his active football career was the season 1963/64, as player-coach at SC Baden-Baden. After his playing career was Schmidt Deputy Director General, Ministry of the Interior of the State of Rhineland-Palatinate. From 1988 to 2007 he was vice-president for social and socio-political issues of the German Football Association. It started the great football career in 1951 at KSV Hessen Kassel. When he due to its good performance in 1955 for audition of 1 FC Kaiserslautern was invited thought Schmidt: "If I can play at FCK, I drive even with the bike then. " The team from Betz mountain has but then paid him the train ride. " At the station I was already picked up by Fritz Walter and was even able to eat lunch at home with him," Schmidt describes the first encounter with the captain of the world champion 's team of 1954. What sounds unimaginable today, was the start of a great career. " After the game, the Fritz to enlist without a coach Richard Schneider, has said: You are playing with us." The transfer fee at Kassel at that time was unimaginable 12 000 marks. Already in the autumn of 1955 Schmidt was invited by Sepp Herberger to the national team and was allowed to travel to his first international match after Yugoslavia. "When the national anthem was played, I was suddenly very heavy feet," Schmidt recalls. The game was indeed lost 1:3, but Schmidt has established itself anyway. This was followed by eight more friendly internationals. A bigger name would have left defense can make if he had not canceled the DFB in 1958 for the World Cup in Sweden. "I then stood directly in front of my state exam, and my wife was pregnant. Since I studying for my future was more important. But I later regretted genuine. Maybe I have decided to fast, " Schmidt says wistfully. Even if he would therefor like to turn back time, he does not envy today's players so much: "We had it been easier to have been, for example, not asked about political things. " And Herberger had indeed been a person of respect, however, occurred more fatherly and have a lot had humor. " And the rules of it were transgress sometimes. Since we have also gone to the pub after the game". In 1964 Schmidt ended his professional career and then worked as a council in the district office in Kaiserslautern, until he took the sports department in the Ministry of Social Affairs. He rose to even to Ministerialdirigenten in Rhineland-Palatinate Ministry of Interior , where he worked with Minister Heiner Geissler. In 1994, he went into retirement. The football but he remained always faithful during his career. " After the active time you are afraid that you are alone then. That did not happen fortunately. "So he was appointed to the organizing committee for the World Cup in 1974 and before that in the Organising Committee of the Olympic football tournament in Munich in 1972 due to its legal and footballing skills. After an interim position as DFB treasurer Schmidt was also for many years president of the Club of Friends of the National Team, which works to donations and contributions for charitable purposes.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]