Weak Foot Frequency: 6
Consistency: 6
Growth type: Late/Peak

CARDS:
P04 - Darting Run

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Balanced

INFO:
Caprili was a defender and probably one of the first real side-backs in Italy since he's considered an Antonio Cabrini ante litteram. His career began in 1939 when he played a season in Serie C with Puteolana. After a six year hiatus, he played 41 matches for Serie B club Viareggio in 1946-47. He was bought by Juventus where he played only 22 matches in two seasons. He then transferred to Lucchese where he had more space: 72 appearances between 1949 and 1952 − most of them in 1950-51, when he played all 38 games. He retired in 1954 after two seasons with Spezia.
Caprili was a fast player, strong despite his short size, able with both feet; he ran forward and back, not only defending but also attacking the opponents midfield whenever he could, showing good dribbling ability; however he wasn't good enough to find his place at Juventus , so he did at Lucchese where he showed his qualities without any pressure.

Last edited by Interista93 on Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:35 am

I don't understand why you have assigned SB when it has been restless told that back then if you were a defender, by default the role they took were of a CB.

You can still keep SB though if he played on the sides of a 3 men defense, but the men behaved as CBs, so Caprili shoukd have Position: CB , SB.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:35 am

El Capo wrote:
I don't understand why you have assigned SB when it has been restless told that back then if you were a defender, by default the role they took were of a CB.

You can still keep SB though if he played on the sides of a 3 men defense, but the men behaved as CBs, so Caprili shoukd have Position: CB , SB.

I thought that in the 40s-50s there was already a sort of SB. As I say in the infos he also used to attack and I don't think old school CBs used to play that way.
However, if CB has to be his main position, should his DEF be raised a bit and his ATT decreased?

Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:52 am

El Capo wrote:

That's not 100% true, in the late 40s and early 50s there were already some fullbacks who definitely acted like SBs and not like CBs (for example Carlos Sosa, Paul Halla or Gerd Cyliax). In Germany and Austria those players usually were forwards before beeing transformed into side backs. I don't know this player here but considering the description, SB as position doesn't look that wrong too me.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:47 am

Guess i poorly expressed my suggestion, i'm not saying that he should get his SB position removed, but what i meant is that if he in the back line, then *CB is mandatory, then SB.

Sosa was a right side half in a 2-3-5 (DMF) since Boca Juniors and Argentina played exclusively with that formation back then, also we "know" how often is Carlos Sosa described so it's already understood that aspect.

To summarize things up: Players who were playing as a sidehalfs in a 2-3-5 and "sidebacks" in a 3-2-5 lineup should get the SB position ingame behind the main position in those roles (CB and DMF).

Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:28 pm

If you all agree I can add CB as secondary position. However I also read and forgot to add in the infos that he is considered a sort of "Cabrini ante litteram".
This fact might explain why he should have SB as primary position.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:39 pm

OK, keep the SB as main position, but it is mandatory to have the CB in this players of this era if they played in the back line.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:29 pm

Updated.

Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]