Consistency: 6
Growth type: Standard

CARDS:
S21 - Step On Skills
P03 - Trickster

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Tactical Dribble - Playmaking - Dribbling - Passing

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Balanced

INFO:

José Leandro Andrade was an Uruguayan midfielder. A particulary athletic footballer (quite strong and really fast) with astounding skills and flexibility, excellent in defense (all in anticipation) and as a player of transition (fluid technique), able to make the last pass. An extremely dynamic player. Also very technical, very complete and very visibly way ahead of his time. His great physique, his flexibility, his finesse, his dribbling speed and an exceptional sense of the game class him out of the ordinary.

Intelligent and honest, Andrade was not used to celebrate his goals. Nicknamed the black marvel, "meravilla negra", is considered the first great colored player, and the very first real international football star. Andrade became very soon what the world of professional football would think of Pelé later in the century. During the 1920s/1930s with his exceptional class and his skilful shots he was considered absolutely the best. A very skilful player awarded by the Olympic Committee with the Olympic Cup for his fair-play. In 1924 he joined Nacional de Montevideo (105 appearances and 4 goals) playing there until 1930 when he returned to CA Peñarol, gaining the Uruguayan national title in 1932. In 1936 he played in Argentina at Atalanta, then the following year he moved to Wanderers FC in Montevideo where he ended his career. Probably forgotten and with no glory, the "black marvel" died in poverty in 1957.

- Andrade played 33 times for Uruguay scoring 1 goal

-105 matches played and 4 goals from 1924 and 1929 represented his time with Nacional (Uruguay): the club he played with most.

- With Uruguay he won all the most important football competitions: FIFA World Cup (1930), Olympic Games (1924 and 1928), Copa América (1923, 1924, 1926).

Quote:
Primo vero regista nella storia del calcio, abbina doti tecniche notevoli ad un carisma eccezionale, che lo porta più volte a spronare i compagni. In un era nella quale il centromediano metodista non esiste ancora, Andrade ne anticipa i contenuti, imponendosi come faro del centrocampo uruguayano e primo riferimento per i compagni in fase di costruzione della manovra. Uno dei primi in grado di dettare in tempi e di alzare la testa per servire in modo precisissimo i compagni, riesce anche ad essere sempre ben piazzato e pronto nel ruolo di "schermo" davanti alla difesa. Gli vengono attribuiti due sopranomi: "maravilla nera" per le doti tecniche e per il colore della pelle e "l'acrobata" per via del suo vezzo nel calciare i palloni a mezza altezza facendo perno sul braccio.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:21 pm
Amministratore

27DONI72 wrote:
DMF? In Metodo he plays something like SB o RWB.

Position is wrong ;)

Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2