CARDS:
P02 - Anchor Man
P12 - Enforcer
S08 - Slide Tackle
S09 - Covering

SPECIAL ABILITIES: Centre - Sliding - Covering

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Balanced

INFO:

Scott Brown is a Celtic legend, captaining the club to 8 consecutive league titles and three consecutive domestic trebles. A phenomenal leader and midfield general, Brown stamps complete authority over every game he plays in, organising his team and striking fear in the opposition with his vicious tackling and relentless, in-your-face style of play. Originally an offensive box-to-box midfielder, Brown transitioned into a holding midfield role which suited his aggressive tendencies. Although for most of his career he had failed to control his aggression, in this era Brown has managed to focus and stop losing his head, instead often making his opposite numbers lose their temper while inspiring his own teammates and driving the team forward. In addition to his hardman antics Brown is adept at breaking up play, often throwing his body on the line in defensive situations and making last-ditch tackles, and his strong running allows him to bring the play forward with the ball at his feet. On the other hand, he has often been criticised for his lack of passing ability, something which doesn't hamper him in the weaker Scottish game but holds him back from really impressing against the elite teams in Europe. Nevertheless, he has played more European games than any other player in Celtic's history. One of the truly iconic figures in Celtic's history, Scott Brown will surely go down as Celtic's second greatest captain (only behind Billy McNeill), and one of the toughest players of his generation.

Last edited by StuartBannigan on Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:07 am

I don't think he deserves such high TMW value, his biggest strengths were/are his ball recovering/intercepting abilities and his leadership/fighting spirit and that's represented by RES (could be higher btw) and MEN.
You may correct me but I don't see a reason why Brown should have a higher value for TMW than Kanté or Gueye..

Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:59 am

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
I don't think he deserves such high TMW value, his biggest strengths were/are his ball recovering/intercepting abilities and his leadership/fighting spirit and that's represented by RES (could be higher btw) and MEN.
You may correct me but I don't see a reason why Brown should have a higher value for TMW than Kanté or Gueye..

Well I gave him that value because he’s always directing his teammates on the pitch, telling them where to pass and what spaces to move into, a bit like Roy Keane. I definitely find him better than Gueye in that regard, and he’s way more vocal with his teammates than Kanté. I can lower it to 84 or 85 maybe though, below Gattuso. I originally had RES on 82, I didn’t want to be seen to be overrating him too much (after all the Scottish league is pretty bad :lol: ). His interceptions are great but he commits a lot of fouls (probably on purpose to be fair). I could probably bump him back up to 82, he’s certainly a very good ball winner.

Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:54 pm

Thanks for everything Scott. In 14 years at the club: 612 games played, 22 trophies, 10 league titles, 9 in a row as captain, 4 consecutive domestic trebles and one invincible season. Simply a modern day legend for the club, Celtic won't feel the same with him gone. If only he could have had a proper farewell with fans in the stadium.

Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]