It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Dynamo Kyiv 1974-1975 | Cup Winners' Cup Winner 

FC Dynamo Kyiv

1974-1975

Dynamo Kyiv 1974-1975 CUP WINNERS' CUP WINNER:
Back Row Standing: Fomenko, Konkov, Reshko, Kolotov, Zhutnik (Masseur) and Malyuta (Medic).
Middle Row Standing: Lobanovskyi (Head Coach), Veremeev, Rudakov, Buryak, Blokhin and Bazilevich (Trainer).
Bended: S. Kuznetsov, Troshkin, Matvienko, Muntyan and Onischenko.

COACH: :SOV: Valeriy Lobanovskyi

GOALKEEPERS:

:SOV: 1 Yevgeni RUDAKOV
:SOV: Valery SAMOKHIN

DEFENDERS:

:SOV: 4 Mikhail FOMENKO
:SOV: 5 Stefan RESHKO
:SOV: 6 Vladimir TROSHKIN
:SOV: 3 Viktor MATVIYENKO
:SOV: Valery ZUEV
:SOV: Oleksandr DAMIN

MIDFIELDERS:

:SOV: 2 Anatoliy KONKOV
:SOV: 7 Volodymyr MUNTYAN
:SOV: 9 Viktor KOLOTOV (c)
:SOV: 10 Leonid BURYAK
:SOV: Vladimir VEREMEYEV
:SOV: Viktor MASLOV

FORWARDS:

:SOV: 8 Vladimir ONYSHCHENKO
:SOV: 11 Oleh BLOKHIN
:SOV: Anatoly SHEPEL
:SOV: Petro SLOBODYAN

4-3-1-2 FORMATION:

Dynamo Kyiv Vs Ferencvaros 3:0 - Cup Winners' Cup final (14/05/1975)

GK RUDAKOV
CB FOMENKO
CB RESHKO
RB TROSHKIN
LB MATVIENKO
DMF KONKOV
CMF MUNTYAN
CMF KOLOTOV ©
AMF BURYAK
SS/CF ONISCHENKO
LWF/CF BLOKHIN

Captain: Viktor Kolotov
Short Free Kick: Leonid Buryak/Anatoli Konkov/Oleh Blokhin
Long Free Kick: Leonid Buryak/Oleh Blokhin
Free Kick 2: Anatoli Konkov
Left Corner: Leonid Buryak
Right Corner: Volodimir Muntyan
Penalty: Viktor Kolotov
Player to go up on free kicks and corners: /

Team Strategy

Right Side Attack
Left Side Attack
Centre Attack
Change Sides: Between All Midfielders / Between Blokhin and Onischenko
Pressure
Ball Possession ATT

HONOURS:

Soviet First Division: Winner
Cup Winners' Cup: Winners
UEFA Super Cup: Winner

INFO:
In 1974, at the personal invitation of Shcherbitsky, Dynamo was headed by Valery Lobanovskyi and Oleg Bazilevich. During this time, Dynamo managed to break the dominance of Moscow clubs in Soviet football. Kiev "Dynamo" became the champion of the USSR and the owner of the USSR Cup. In 1975 the club won the European Cup Winners' Cup , and also in 1975 - the European Super Cup , thus becoming the strongest team on the continent. On the way to victory in the Cup Winners' Cup, the "white-blue" coped with the Bulgarian CSKA (1:0, 1:0), the German "Eintracht" Frankfurt (3:2, 2:1), Turkish Bursaspor (1:0, 2:0), Dutch PSV (3:0, 1:2) and in the final with the Hungarian Ferencvaros. According to the results of the tournament, Dynamo won 8 out of 9 matches (88.88% of all matches) - as of 2021 it is the second figure among all the winning teams of the main European Cup tournaments.

Lobanovskyi and Bazilevich were looking for the key to success in mastering the methods of managing the training process. They were among the first in Soviet football who set out to manage the process of bringing the functional state of the players to a certain level in certain segments of the season, depending on the tournament tasks and the features of the competition calendar. The impressive success of Dynamo Kyiv in the 1975 season drew increased attention to the methodology used by the team's coaches. Representatives of the science of sports, who came to many football teams, brought clarity to a number of issues of setting and conducting educational and training work. Coaches have become accustomed to the fact that the optimal program for alternating cycles of training sessions can be drawn up only based on the correct data on the functional state of the body of athletes. Lobanovskyi’s way was not far removed from the “Total Football” invented by the Dutch a few years earlier - he wanted his forwards to defend and his defenders to attack.

Kiev represented the heart of Soviet football. Indeed, in the mid-1970s, Dynamo Kiev represented the USSR as a nation.

Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:03 am
Profile WWW

In your opinion are the Buryak, Muntyan and Kolotov sets in need of an update?

Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:02 pm
Profile WWW

James9408 wrote:
In your opinion are the Buryak, Muntyan and Kolotov sets in need of an update?

Hard to tell at first sight, they are all in the "Players to update" section, but they require minor updates IMO. I haven't watched much of Muntyan's early footage as well as Buryak's later footage (late 70s/early 80s), so I can judge their 1972-1978 stats (especially 74/75 up until 77/78), but Muntyan and Kolotov were already past their peak after 1975/76...

Muntyan's stats seem pretty balanced, he was small and very mobile, with excellent dribbles, hard to stop and liked to run a lot with the ball and take long shots and passes from deep, so I would really have to take a deeper look into each individual stat for minor updates. But i would cut his stats for one season to be 1969-1975.

Kolotov seems maybe a bit overvalued in his Top Speed and Passing abilities, especially Long Pass Accuracy as I haven't noticed that he used to launch long balls or take crosses so much, he seemed to me a more marauding type of CMF who possessed fine finishing abilities, excellent positioning and reaction and he could literally be found everywhere on the field.

I'm least familiar with Buryak's skills as I mentioned but he was indeed a magical player from what I've seen. Loved shooting from way back from literally any position, a lot of dribbles, almost unstoppable with his runs, very agile, his passing abilities were fantastic and he would often be found on the scoring sheet in these years. But I would love to watch Euro 80 and World Cup 82 qualifying matches to give more suggestions.

For instance, I personally think that Buryak had better Dribbling abilities than 86 (Muntyan is at 89/ Kolotov at 85 who maybe shouldn't have such a high value). Buryak was also more dangerous in ATT (82) than Muntyan who is at (84). If we look at their app/goals:

Muntyan 261/51 (or 229/46 if we exclude 75/76) vs Shot Accuracy: 81; Shot Technique: 81
Kolotov 167/59 vs Shot Accuracy: 80; Shot Technique: 77
Buryak 226/60 vs Shot Accuracy: 79; Shot Technique: 83

I mean Kolotov's stats are crazy, he scored over 10 goals in 4 out of 5 seasons (although lots of them are penalties it seems), while Buryak scored 3x over 10, of which 15 goals in 1980! Muntyan's finishing abilties are the highest, but maybe they shouldn't be..

So yeah, lot's of back and forth :D but that's more or less what I see as potential minor changes to their sets..

Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:25 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks for the info, I think I can edit my own versions based on this

Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]