SS / CF MEAZZA
SS / CF NYERS

Captain: Armando Picchi | Giuseppe Bergomi
Short Free Kick: Lothar Matthäus
Long Free Kick: Luis Suárez | Lothar Matthäus
Left Corner: Luis Suárez
Right Corner: Luis Suárez
Penalty: Lothar Matthäus | Giuseppe Meazza
Players to go up on Free Kicks and Corners: Giacinto Facchetti, Giuseppe Bergomi

Last edited by 27DONI72 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:20 pm
Amministratore

Mikerdead39 wrote:
I have a question (it's not a suggestion, I'd just like to hear from you all), could Zlatan join the reserve players list? Or is it already something out of reality? I'm questioning why I read the previous quotes on the topic and didn't see anyone mentioning his name.

Yes, he could replace Adriano.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:12 pm

Is really necessary Vieri here? He only won a Coppa Italia and maybe Cevenini would be a better choice

Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:53 pm

LucioRP wrote:
Is really necessary Vieri here? He only won a Coppa Italia and maybe Cevenini would be a better choice

I believe Vieri is there only for the number of goals he scored. Considering the contribution to win major trophies, even Diego Milito would be a better choice than Vieri.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:09 pm
Amministratore

Vieri scored tons of goals against Brescia, Atalanta and Reggina, against Juve and Milan he scored a penalty and two rebound goals. Imho he shouldn't stay in first team but I think there are enough forwards.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:01 pm

27DONI72 wrote:
Vieri scored tons of goals against Brescia, Atalanta and Reggina, against Juve and Milan he scored a penalty and two rebound goals. Imho he shouldn't stay in first team but I think there are enough forwards.

Both Sandro Mazzola and Mario Corso are mainly forwards but while the first also has AMF among the positions, the second is only winger. Anyway, the team truly has too many forwards. At this point, if we consider Vieri not that worthy of being in the first team, I'd rather replace him with a proper midfielder. I don't know who though, maybe Nicola Berti.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:08 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
I always used Bergomi as CB and Zanetti as RB. Bergomi was probably a better CB than Guarneri anyway even if his natural position was RB. And of course I find it impossible to leave Zanetti out the starting XI.

100 % Agree.
Zanetti is a symbol and is a great player, is not like talking about some non talented player, was recarmable endurable and had decent/nice technical attributes

Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:46 pm

27DONI72 wrote:
Mikerdead39 wrote:
I have a question (it's not a suggestion, I'd just like to hear from you all), could Zlatan join the reserve players list? Or is it already something out of reality? I'm questioning why I read the previous quotes on the topic and didn't see anyone mentioning his name.

Yes, he could replace Adriano.

Returning to that subject here.

I saw in Foreigner F.C. Internazionale All Stars that Zlatan is in the initial 23 and Adriano is in the reserves, while here Adriano is in the reserves and Zlatan doesn't even appear. I mean, it's contradictory, isn't it?

Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:44 pm

Mikerdead39 wrote:
I saw in Foreigner F.C. Internazionale All Stars that Zlatan is in the initial 23 and Adriano is in the reserves, while here Adriano is in the reserves and Zlatan doesn't even appear. I mean, it's contradictory, isn't it?

I preferred Ibrahimović over Adriano because he was in my opinion more crucial and consistent. On the other hand, I wouldn't consider neither of them in this team.
By the way, the teams in the "Other Teams" section are kinda just there. You shouldn't use them as factors of comparison with these All Stars teams.

Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:47 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Mikerdead39 wrote:

I preferred Ibrahimović over Adriano because he was in my opinion more crucial and consistent. On the other hand, I wouldn't consider neither of them in this team.
By the way, the teams in the "Other Teams" section are kinda just there. You shouldn't use them as factors of comparison with these All Stars teams.

I didn't give any opinion about the players, I just said that it's not very coherent. I get the point.

Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:54 pm

I have my final analysis after an extensive research. Of course, I don't expect everyone to agree with me but my work could be helpful to find a common ground. I want to state that in my research I took into consideration factors like titles, appearances, goals, years as captain.

Goalkeepers: I'm not sure about Lido Vieri in the reserves. Vieri made 199 appearances and won a Serie A title but I think that Giuliano Sarti should replace him. After all, he won two Serie A titles, two European Cups, two Intercontinental cups, made 198 appearances and, as additional achievement, he capped 7 times for Italy, thing that Lido Vieri didn't do as Inter player. Isn't that enough?

Defenders: considering that Bergomi can be deployed as centre and right back with the same efficiency and Zanetti can play as side back on both sides, we can have Picchi as sweeper, Burgnich and Bergomi as right backs, Guarneri as centre back and Facchetti as left back. Zanetti can remain among the midfielders but a second left back is needed.
Brehme can replace either Córdoba or Ferri. Their number of appearances is similar. Yes, Córdoba won a few more titles but he wasn't the main starter in the 2009-10 season and even in 2007-08 he alternated his position with Burdisso of all people.
Regarding the reserves, Bruno Bolchi can be out. He was never truly a regular during the 1960s as he played 125 matches in ten season, that makes it less than 13 per year. Of course, he'd be a must in an Inter 1960s era team but definitely not here.
The situation isn't too different for Collovati: four seasons and no titles, he would be a must in the 1980s era team but I don't see him necessary here. He left in 1986 but I feel like he could've been a valuable reserve in the 1988-89 season as he would've been only 32. He didn't even win the 1982 World Cup as Inter player as he transferred after the tournament. Plus, he joined Inter only because Milan was relegated.
I'd rather have Giubertoni, who played over 200 matches, won the 1970-71 Serie A title as a regular and was regarded as one of the best defenders at the time even though he never played for Italy.

Midfielders: Gianpiero Marini should be in the reserves as he played almost 400 matches, won a Serie A title and even the 1982 World Cup as Inter player. If the midfielders are too many, Domenghini can be moved to the forwards. I'm thinking about adding Ugo Locatelli as well since he was quite successful and won a World Cup as Inter player but I don't really know who could be replaced.

Forwards: this might be an unpopular opinion but I'd replace Vieri with Jair. Yes, Vieri was a great scorer. Although, he's not even in the top 5 of Inter scorers and was surpassed by Mauro Icardi of all strikers. Plus, he won only a Coppa Italia and then left for Milan. Jair would add a tactical possibility as the actual squad has no right winger. Personally, I'd use Helenio Herrera's formation and Jair would be needed. No, I don't think Boninsegna was exactly a winger as he has it among the positions in his set.
Is Angelillo needed here? It's true that he scored almost 80 goals but I feel like it happened only because of the unique 1958-59 season, where he scored almost 40 goals. The rest was just average. Atilio Demaría isn't here, which is arguable but fine. However, if he's not here, I can't see Angelillo being here either.
I would take Adriano out as well. He was inconsistent, problematic and Inter almost forgot about him with the arrival of Ibrahimović. Then he even became as less prolific as he possibly could. Even Crespo, who surely didn't have the greatest of the experiences at Inter, was preferred to him.

Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5