:ITA: Federico MUNERATI
:POL: Zbigniew BONIEK
:ITA: Gianluca VIALLI
:ARG: Paulo DYBALA
:ITA: Fabrizio RAVANELLI
:ITA: Filippo INZAGHI

Formation

HISTROICAL SQUADS AND INFO:

Juventus were founded as Sport Club Juventus in late 1897 by pupils from the Massimo D'Azeglio Lyceum school in Turin, but were renamed as Foot-Ball Club Juventus two years later. The club joined the Italian Football Championship during 1900. During this period the team wore a pink and black kit. Juventus first won the league championship in 1905 while playing at their Velodromo Umberto I ground. By this time the club colours had changed to black and white stripes, inspired by English side Notts County.

There was a split at the club in 1906, after some of the staff considered moving Juve out of Turin. President Alfredo Dick was unhappy with this and left with some prominent players to found FBC Torino which in turn spawned the Derby della Mole. Juventus spent much of this period steadily rebuilding after the split, surviving the First World War.

Fiat owner Edoardo Agnelli gained control of the club in 1923, and built a new stadium. This helped the club to its second scudetto (league championship) in the 1925–26 season beating Alba Roma with an aggregate score of 12–1, Antonio Vojak's goals were essential that season. The 1930s proved to be even more fruitful, the club won five consecutive league titles from 1930 through to 1935, most were under coach Carlo Carcano with star players such as Raimundo Orsi, Luigi Bertolini, Giovanni Ferrari and Luis Monti amongst others.

Juventus moved to the Stadio Comunale, but for the rest of the 1930s and the majority of the 1940s they were unable to recapture championship dominance.

After the Second World War, Gianni Agnelli was appointed honorary president. The club added two more league championships to its name in the 1949–50 and 1951–52 seasons, the latter of which was under the management of Englishman Jesse Carver.

Two new strikers were signed during 1957–58; Welshman John Charles and Italo-Argentine Omar Sivori, playing alongside longtime member Giampiero Boniperti. That season saw Juventus awarded with the Golden Star for Sport Excellence to wear on their shirts after becoming the first Italian side to win ten league titles. In the same season, Omar Sivori became the first ever player at the club to win the European Footballer of the Year. The following season they beat Fiorentina to complete their first league and cup double, winning Serie A and Coppa Italia. Boniperti retired in 1961 as the all-time top scorer at the club, with 182 goals in all competitions, a club record which stood for 45 years.

During the rest of the decade the club won the league just once more in 1966–67, However, the 1970s saw Juventus further solidify their strong position in Italian football. Under former player Čestmír Vycpálek they won the scudetto in 1971–72 and 1972–73, with players such as Roberto Bettega, Franco Causio and José Altafini breaking through. During the rest of the decade they won the league twice more, with defender Gaetano Scirea contributing significantly. The later win was under Giovanni Trapattoni, who helped the club's domination continue on into the early part of the 1980s.

The Trapattoni-era was highly successful in the 1980s; the club started the decade off well, winning the league title three more times by 1984.[24] This meant Juventus had won 20 Italian league titles and were allowed to add a second golden star to their shirt, thus becoming the only Italian club to achieve this.[28] Around this time the club's players were attracting considerable attention; Paolo Rossi was named European Footballer of the Year following his contribution to Italy's victory in the 1982 FIFA World Cup, where he was named player of the tournament.

Frenchman Michel Platini was also awarded the European Footballer of the Year title for three years in a row; 1983, 1984 and 1985, which is a record. Juventus are the only club to have players from their club winning the award in four consecutive years. Indeed it was Platini who scored the winning goal in the 1985 European Cup final against Liverpool, however this was marred by a tragedy which changed European football. The Heysel Stadium disaster, in which 39 people (mostly Juventus fans) were killed when a stadium wall collapsed, has been called by UEFA Chief Executive Lars-Christer Olsson in 2004, "the darkest hour in the history of the UEFA competitions", and resulted in the banning of all English clubs from European competition.

With the exception of winning the closely contested Italian Championship of 1985–86, the rest of the 1980s were not very successful for the club. As well as having to contend with Diego Maradona's Napoli, both of the Milanese clubs, Milan and Internazionale, won Italian championships. In 1990, Juventus moved into their new home, the Stadio delle Alpi, which was built for the 1990 World Cup.

Marcello Lippi took over as Juventus manager at the start of the 1994–95 campaign. His first season at the helm of the club was a successful one, as Juventus recorded their first Serie A championship title since the mid-1980s. The crop of players during this period featured Ciro Ferrara, Roberto Baggio, Gianluca Vialli and a young Alessandro Del Piero. Lippi lead Juventus to the Champions League the following season, beating Ajax on penalties after a 1–1 draw in which Fabrizio Ravanelli scored for Juve.

The club did not rest long after winning the European Cup, more highly regarded players were brought into the fold in the form of Zinédine Zidane, Filippo Inzaghi and Edgar Davids. At home Juventus won Serie A in 1996–97 and 1997–98, as well as the 1996 UEFA Super Cup[33] and the 1996 UEFA / CSF Intercontinental Cup.[34] Juventus reached the 1997 and 1998 Champions League finals during this period, but lost out to Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid respectively.

After a season's absence Lippi returned, signing big name players such as Gianluigi Buffon, David Trézéguet, Pavel Nedvěd and Lilian Thuram, helping the team to two more scudetto titles in the 2001–02 and 2002–03 seasons. Juventus were also part of an all Italian Champions League final in 2003 but lost out to Milan on penalties after the game ended in a 0–0 draw. The following year, Lippi was appointed as Italy's head coach, bringing an end to one of the most fruitful managerial spells in Juventus' history.

Fabio Capello became its coach in 2004, and led Juventus to two more Serie A titles. However, in May 2006, Juventus became one of the five clubs linked to a Serie A match fixing scandal, the result of which saw the club relegated to Serie B for the first time in its history. The club was also stripped of the two titles won under Capello in 2005 and 2006.

Many key players left following the demotion to Serie B, including Thuram, star striker Zlatan Ibrahimović and defensive stalwart Fabio Cannavaro. However, other big name players such as Buffon, Del Piero and Nedvěd remained to help the club return to Serie A while youngsters from the Primavera such as Sebastian Giovinco and Claudio Marchisio were integrated into the first team. The bianconeri were promoted straight back up as league winners after the 2006–07 season while captain Del Piero claimed the top scorer award with 21 goals. Since their return to Serie A in the 2007–08 season former Chelsea manager Claudio Ranieri managed Juventus for two seasons. They finished in 3rd place in their first return season (2007–08) and qualified for the third qualifying round of the 2008–09 Champions League Preliminary stages. They qualified to the group stages, and did very well, beating Real Madrid in both home and away legs, but lost in the knockout round to Chelsea. Claudio Ranieri was sacked following a string of unsuccessful results, and Ciro Ferrara was appointed as the coach for the last two games of the season.[39] Ferrara was subsequently appointed as the coach for the 2009–10 season.

Ferrara's stint as Juve head coach proved to be however unsuccessful, with Juve knocked out of UEFA Champions League and Coppa Italia, and just lying on the sixth place in the league table at the end of January 2010, leading to the dismissal of Ciro Ferrara and his replacement with Alberto Zaccheroni. Zaccheroni could not help the side improve as Juventus finished the season in 7th place in Serie A without any trophies. For the 2010–11 season Jean-Claude Blanc was replaced by Andrea Agnelli as club's president. Agnelli's first action was to replace Zaccheroni by former Sampdoria manager Luigi Delneri.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:54 pm

faranoruggiero wrote:
If there is Dybala, why not Cristiano Ronaldo in reserves?

Because Cristiano Ronaldo didn't remain enough and he's one of the reasons Juventus is crap now (at least compared to the years prior to his arrival).

Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:15 pm

Of course Dybala > Ronaldo here. Even more, I believe Paulo could reach first team some day. Cristiano didn't live up to the (his) expectations unfortunately. I don't share the view he doesn't deserve a mention here because his arrival had a bad impact on the club ultimately. By clearly competitive criteria, I would include him. Nevertheless, Interista has already honoured his achievements by including him at the starting XI of Juventus 2014-2020 era team, which is fair enough.

Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:00 pm
Amministratore

Imho Dybala couldn't reach first team neither if we put 50 players.
One of the most overrated player in Serie A history.

Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:19 pm

Yes Dybala can’t even have two good seasons in a row. I’d easily replace him with Ronaldo. It’s easy to blame Ronaldo for Juventus being bad now but it’s truly a miracle he managed to score so many goals with such an atrocious midfield behind him. Seriously, he scored 36 goals last season and 37 the season before despite being surrounded by morons.

Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:43 pm
Amministratore

StuartBannigan wrote:
Yes Dybala can’t even have two good seasons in a row. I’d easily replace him with Ronaldo. It’s easy to blame Ronaldo for Juventus being bad now but it’s truly a miracle he managed to score so many goals with such an atrocious midfield behind him. Seriously, he scored 36 goals last season and 37 the season before despite being surrounded by morons.

I totally agree.

Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:52 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:

:lol: :lol:
Ronaldo couldn't even have two good games in a row in the UCL. Interista pointed it out perfectly: He is the one who ended the Allegri era by beeing signed for a hilarious amount of money to do one thing: Winning Juve the UCL, something that he did with the same success as someone like Matri before him.
CR7 is the perfect example of beeing a overrated player, no one gives a fuck about three seasons where he scored most of his goals against clubs from the bottom or midfield of the table. I'm totally against him in this team, apart from Dybala there are other players who were much better servants for the club (Mandzu, Tevez, hell even Higuain) than the mercenary who left the team without any hesitations after ruining it. Gigi already said it perfectly last year: "When I returned, I worked with Ronaldo for two years and we did well together, but I think Juventus lost that DNA of being a team."We reached the Champions League final in 2017 because we were a side full of experience, but above all we were a single unit and there was this competition for places within the group that was very strong. We lost that with Ronaldo."

Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:18 pm

I'd rather put Vlahović instead both of them ;)

Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:25 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
CR7 is the perfect example of beeing a overrated player, no one gives a fuck about three seasons where he scored most of his goals against clubs from the bottom or midfield of the table.

Not just that but 30% of his total Juventus goals came from penalty. It may seem irrelevant but it really isn't. Also, I had the impression that the entire team had to play to make Cristiano Ronaldo score or at least look good. The team doesn't seem used yet to play well without "depending" on someone like Cristiano Ronaldo and the results in the current year speak for themselves. That's what I mean when I say that Ronaldo ruined the team. In conclusion, I wouldn't keep neither Ronaldo or Dybala.

Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:33 pm

I don't see the problem. Looking at it objectively, removing all the circumstances around his signing, if anyone else had scored 100 goals in only 130 appearances and won two league titles for the club they would be in the reserves. John Hansen was in the first team before with a very similar record, Rossi is here with 44 goals in the same amount of games and being carried to some trophies.

Also I don't see the criticism with Ronaldo with the Champions League, he was literally the only player to score in the knockout stages for Juventus during his time there. Look at 18/19: he scored a hat trick against Atletico in the 2nd round, 2 against Ajax in the quarter finals and then gets eliminated. Blaming him for that is nonsensical, he was the only player keeping them competitive. It just doesn't seem fair to judge him by the astronomically high standards that he set before joining Juventus, where scoring 100 goals and winning two titles in three seasons is considered a "failure" simply because people expect him to win the CL every single season (something that Juventus has only done twice, by the way).

Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:02 pm

Mostly agree with Stuart (I would like to add his 2 goals against Lyonnais) but I wouldn't insist at all ultimately, since I also agree with gurken about Tevez, Mandzukic and Higuain. Of course Dybala shouldn't be moved, I wouldn't mention him if this was about to happen :P
Update: I can't forget how pathetic Ronaldo was against Porto.

Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:57 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
StuartBannigan wrote:

:lol: :lol:
Ronaldo couldn't even have two good games in a row in the UCL. Interista pointed it out perfectly: He is the one who ended the Allegri era by beeing signed for a hilarious amount of money to do one thing: Winning Juve the UCL, something that he did with the same success as someone like Matri before him.
CR7 is the perfect example of beeing a overrated player, no one gives a fuck about three seasons where he scored most of his goals against clubs from the bottom or midfield of the table. I'm totally against him in this team, apart from Dybala there are other players who were much better servants for the club (Mandzu, Tevez, hell even Higuain) than the mercenary who left the team without any hesitations after ruining it. Gigi already said it perfectly last year: "When I returned, I worked with Ronaldo for two years and we did well together, but I think Juventus lost that DNA of being a team."We reached the Champions League final in 2017 because we were a side full of experience, but above all we were a single unit and there was this competition for places within the group that was very strong. We lost that with Ronaldo."

What does the phrase doesn't matter to anyone about the fact that he scored goals against low- or mid-ranking teams? So for you, scoring at the highest professional level is as easy as drinking a glass of water oor something simple and obvious.. I would like to know, how many goals have you scored in your career as a professional player at the highest level? None true! It is easy to speak from the outside when you are not a player and to judge a footballer superficially. Among other things, I see in your words hatred towards the person of Cristiano Ronaldo, which perhaps affects the general opinion on the player. It is not his fault that he has become a famous player and has done so many good and excellent things as a player

Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:39 pm

Wilcalcio wrote:
What does the phrase doesn't matter to anyone about the fact that he scored goals against low- or mid-ranking teams? So for you, scoring at the highest professional level is as easy as drinking a glass of water oor something simple and obvious.. I would like to know, how many goals have you scored in your career as a professional player at the highest level? None true! It is easy to speak from the outside when you are not a player and to judge a footballer superficially. Among other things, I see in your words hatred towards the person of Cristiano Ronaldo, which perhaps affects the general opinion on the player. It is not his fault that he has become a famous player and has done so many good and excellent things as a player

No one is questioning Cristiano Ronaldo's abilities. I don't like him much as a person but I recognize his greatness as a footballer. He simply couldn't lead Juventus where he led Real Madrid. Of course Real Madrid had a better team than Juventus had in the last decade. However, Juventus thought that Cristiano Ronaldo was the missing piece to complete the puzzle and finally win the Champions League. So they spent way too money for someone who was past his prime, even if the name is Cristiano Ronaldo, instead of maybe get some good youngsters. Where did such move lead them? Juventus built a team around Ronaldo's figure ─ that's at least how I see it ─ and when Ronaldo wasn't crucial enough for the team, Juventus had a downfall that's still going on and the Portuguese was sold. In conclusion, we're not saying that he did nothing for Juventus but not enough to deserve a place in the team.

Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:25 pm

Wilcalcio wrote:

That's one of the most retard posts that I've ever seen in this forum, congratulations. But let me guess, you're a professional player with at least 400 appearances :roll: Considering your hilarious reaction, my guess would be either Nani, Marcelo or Pepe. Seja muito bem-vindo!
Interista is right, I didn't question CR7's playing qualities, I just told facts about his time at Juve. If you can't live with it, then cry in front of your Ronaldo posters but not here.
I participated in updating both Portugal AS and Real Madrid on our page and guess what Sherlock, I voted both times for Ronaldo at first team and best XI there because he deserves it. But I certainly don't agree to put him in this team here only because some fanboys can't accept that their "idols" aren't present in every team that they played for. There are limits for players in reserves and there are others who also missed out despite doing for Juve than CR7. Deal with it.

Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:28 am

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Wilcalcio wrote:

That's one of the most retard posts that I've ever seen in this forum, congratulations. But let me guess, you're a professional player with at least 400 appearances :roll: Considering your hilarious reaction, my guess would be either Nani, Marcelo or Pepe. Seja muito bem-vindo!
Interista is right, I didn't question CR7's playing qualities, I just told facts about his time at Juve. If you can't live with it, then cry in front of your Ronaldo posters but not here.
I participated in updating both Portugal AS and Real Madrid on our page and guess what Sherlock, I voted both times for Ronaldo at first team and best XI there because he deserves it. But I certainly don't agree to put him in this team here only because some fanboys can't accept that their "idols" aren't present in every team that they played for. There are limits for players in reserves and there are others who also missed out despite doing for Juve than CR7. Deal with it.

First of all, Cristiano Ronaldo is not my idol, and therefore I absolutely do not want him to be in every All Stars he has played in. Secondly, I have not offended anyone, but you do, saying that my post is "retarded". I just used a bit of irony, because you say that he scored against easy teams, and therefore consequently it seems that you have played against these easy teams, but unless you are a professional professional player at the highest level you cannot have played them, nothing more, and therefore you cannot say that scoring against a particular team is easy or not ..

Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:18 am

Interista93 wrote:
Wilcalcio wrote:

No one is questioning Cristiano Ronaldo's abilities. I don't like him much as a person but I recognize his greatness as a footballer. He simply couldn't lead Juventus where he led Real Madrid. Of course Real Madrid had a better team than Juventus had in the last decade. However, Juventus thought that Cristiano Ronaldo was the missing piece to complete the puzzle and finally win the Champions League. So they spent way too money for someone who was past his prime, even if the name is Cristiano Ronaldo, instead of maybe get some good youngsters. Where did such move lead them? Juventus built a team around Ronaldo's figure ─ that's at least how I see it ─ and when Ronaldo wasn't crucial enough for the team, Juventus had a downfall that's still going on and the Portuguese was sold. In conclusion, we're not saying that he did nothing for Juventus but not enough to deserve a place in the team.

Ok perfect I understand what you mean and in part I share with you the fact of not having included him among the All Stars

Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next