It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Suggestions for forum improvement 

Here you can post your suggestions, thoughts and anything else what can help for forum improvement.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:06 am

It'd be nice, to have a thread of legendary manager tactics and how to do them in PES. because I always read about tactics of legendary managers online, but it's hard to replicate them in PES imo.

Tue May 18, 2021 7:45 pm

I suggest reviewing squads of nations that were result of the dissolution of Eastern bloque by selecting only post-dissolution players. AS teams have fairly been a matter of contribution. It doesn't seem reasonable to me blending players before and after the dissolution, especially when USSR, Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia AS teams do exist here. Pre-dissolution players might have contributed to the legacy of the new country's football at some point, but the newly formed teams don't share much common ground. And of course that descent/origin criterion confuses me, concerning the principle of contribution. With the current criteria, if Yashin is considered a Russia NT member and enters the Russia AS team, then why Arshavin (e.g.) couldn't do the same for the USSR AS team as well?

Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:01 am

FanisJK7 wrote:
I suggest reviewing squads of nations that were result of the dissolution of Yugoslavia and USSR by selecting only post-dissolution players. AS teams have fairly been a matter of contribution. It doesn't seem reasonable to me blending players before and after the dissolution, especially when USSR and Yugoslavia AS teams do exist. Pre-dissolution players might have contributed to the legacy of the new country's football at some point, but the newly formed teams don't share much common ground. And of course the descent/origin criterion confuses me, concerning the principle of contribution.

You have a good point that I also used to have in the past. However, NT all star teams include the best players from a specific country, either they were born or grew up and played there. We can't know what country a player would have chosen in the past if those "super-countries" didn't exist back then. Some African, Asian and North American national teams have a similar situation because they were part of a bigger state. Still, I don't think it's wrong to include players who are considered legends of a country even though they didn't play internationally for it.

Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:24 am

Interista93 wrote:
You have a good point that I also used to have in the past. However, NT all star teams include the best players from a specific country, either they were born or grew up and played there. We can't know what country a player would have chosen in the past if those "super-countries" didn't exist back then. Some African, Asian and North American national teams have a similar situation because they were part of a bigger state. Still, I don't think it's wrong to include players who are considered legends of a country even though they didn't play internationally for it.

At the end of the day everyone gets their mention. Repeating the same players doesn't help anywhere. Not to mention the high amount of reserves or the fact that some contemporary successful players don't get the credit they deserve. This blending might be more fun to watch/play but it looks strange at the same time imo. Anyways..

Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:41 pm

Is anyone already though to post a fixed topic with criteria rules for the All Stars teams?

I think it would be very useful when someone decide to creat a new team and also it would avoid some discussions. I've noticed most os the discussions here are because the member doesnt know the criteria.

I was thinking on something that make it more clear, as putting in order what is more relevant for a player be on a team.

For example: technical ability, number os titles, number of games or years in a club, iconic idol, protagonism in his era and etc.

It would help a lot.

Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:59 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Is anyone already though to post a fixed topic with criteria rules for the All Stars teams?

I think it would be very useful when someone decide to creat a new team and also it would avoid some discussions. I've noticed most os the discussions here are because the member doesnt know the criteria.

I was thinking on something that make it more clear, as putting in order what is more relevant for a player be on a team.

For example: technical ability, number os titles, number of games or years in a club, iconic idol, protagonism in his era and etc.

It would help a lot.

There aren't universally valid rules. Appearances, titles, importance of the player are all key factors. However, there are smaller clubs whose history isn't too successful. In those cases it's understandable to include also icons who may have spent seasons in minor leagues instead of big names who spent only one or two and would be there simply because of their name. This though isn't valid in all situations. I give you a few practical examples.
1) Padova has Hamrin in the first team because, even though he played only one year on loan, he led the team to their highest Serie A place in what is undoubtedly Padova's greatest ever season.
2) Pisa has Mario Been. He spent only two seasons but he was one of the best players in the team and even remained in Serie B, helping Pisa to go back to Serie A.
3) On the other hand, there are teams like Benevento or Frosinone that have a very short history in Serie A and even Serie B. Therefore, it's obvious they need players who were important in lower leagues.
Regarding the number of players in a team, it's decided by the creator. A part of making a 23-man first team with two goalkeepers and possibly three or four goalkeepers in the reserves, the rest is very flexible. I personally prefer not adding too many reserves but if the creator considers dozens of players as elegible, then there's nothing wrong with it. Of course that doesn't mean you have to add every single good player the team had independently from their longevity in the team.
It's important to have all positions covered in the first team whenever possible. I mean that even if you think that six centre backs are equally elegible, it's pointless to have then only one proper side back. Let's imagine a team with seven defenders, seven midfielders and seven forwards. Taking in mind that there are players who can cover more than one position, in my opinion, the perfect combo would be:
Defence: three centre backs, two right backs, two left backs;
Midfield: well balanced between defence and attack;
Attack: this is quite flexible but if you choose a right winger be sure to add a left winger as well.
The best XI is different from the first team. While you choose among the most important players to make the first squad, you then choose the best players in terms of quality among those 23 to build the formation. Naturally, positions must be respected and the formation should look realistic ─ I made the mistake of building weird formations many times in the past.
That said, as you can see by the replies in many all star teams, not everyone agrees with the decisions made. After all, we all have our opinions on teams and players. Last but not least, whoever creates an all star team or a player set should respect the format as much as possible.

Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:18 pm

Interista93 wrote:
Bola Clássica wrote:

It would help a lot.

There aren't universally valid rules. Appearances, titles, importance of the player are all key factors. However, there are smaller clubs whose history isn't too successful. In those cases it's understandable to include also icons who may have spent seasons in minor leagues instead of big names who spent only one or two and would be there simply because of their name. This though isn't valid in all situations. I give you a few practical examples.
1) Padova has Hamrin in the first team because, even though he played only one year on loan, he led the team to their highest Serie A place in what is undoubtedly Padova's greatest ever season.
2) Pisa has Mario Been. He spent only two seasons but he was one of the best players in the team and even remained in Serie B, helping Pisa to go back to Serie A.
3) On the other hand, there are teams like Benevento or Frosinone that have a very short history in Serie A and even Serie B. Therefore, it's obvious they need players who were important in lower leagues.
Regarding the number of players in a team, it's decided by the creator. A part of making a 23-man first team with two goalkeepers and possibly three or four goalkeepers in the reserves, the rest is very flexible. I personally prefer not adding too many reserves but if the creator considers dozens of players as elegible, then there's nothing wrong with it. Of course that doesn't mean you have to add every single good player the team had independently from their longevity in the team.
It's important to have all positions covered in the first team whenever possible. I mean that even if you think that six centre backs are equally elegible, it's pointless to have then only one proper side back. Let's imagine a team with seven defenders, seven midfielders and seven forwards. Taking in mind that there are players who can cover more than one position, in my opinion, the perfect combo would be:
Defence: three centre backs, two right backs, two left backs;
Midfield: well balanced between defence and attack;
Attack: this is quite flexible but if you choose a right winger be sure to add a left winger as well.
The best XI is different from the first team. While you choose among the most important players to make the first squad, you then choose the best players in terms of quality among those 23 to build the formation. Naturally, positions must be respected and the formation should look realistic ─ I made the mistake of building weird formations many times in the past.
That said, as you can see by the replies in many all star teams, not everyone agrees with the decisions made. After all, we all have our opinions on teams and players. Last but not least, whoever creates an all star team or a player set should respect the format as much as possible.

Perfect, my friend! Thanks for the explanation and to put all the main points together.

I would suggest to make this post fixed somewhere, so all members could find and read it easily.

It is a very important subject, I think.

Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:31 pm
Profile WWW

Interista93 wrote:
The best XI is different from the first team. While you choose among the most important players to make the first squad, you then choose the best players in terms of quality among those 23 to build the formation.

this hasn't been always applied.

Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:10 pm

El Capo wrote:
Interista93 wrote:
The best XI is different from the first team. While you choose among the most important players to make the first squad, you then choose the best players in terms of quality among those 23 to build the formation.

this hasn't been always applied.

That's also correct. After all the formation has to look realistic. Therefore, it can happen, for example, that a great player is left out for another one with the same position or he doesn't make it to the team due to a personal choice of formation by the creator.

Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:22 pm

I suggest adding (Atk Awareness - Def Awareness) to the abilities for PES 2012 & 2013 users. And also adding "foot" because sometimes I really don't understand these symbols :roll:
RF/BS
LF/BS
Thank you all for this work

Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:53 am

Pelusa10 wrote:
I suggest adding (Atk Awareness - Def Awareness) to the abilities for PES 2012 & 2013 users. And also adding "foot" because sometimes I really don't understand these symbols :roll:
RF/BS
LF/BS

Adding ATK/DEF Awareness now means doing it for thousands of players. That'd be too much. You can sort that out with the Attack/Defence Minded and Balanced thing.
And those symbols are abbreviations. RF and LF mean right footed or left footed. RS, LS and BS mean right side, left side and both sides. We give RS or LS specifically when a player was/is deployed only on one side and it works only for SB, SMF and WF. If a player doesn't have a wing position, then he has BS by default.

Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:26 am

Pelusa10 wrote:
RF/BS
LF/BS

I suggest looking at this forum viewtopic.php?f=83&t=12520 for help with converting stats to the newer games. If you wish you can message me for help with it also as I have converted hundreds of players into the PES2021 standard

Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:13 am
Profile WWW

Interista93 wrote:
Pelusa10 wrote:
RF/BS
LF/BS

Adding ATK/DEF Awareness now means doing it for thousands of players. That'd be too much. You can sort that out with the Attack/Defence Minded and Balanced thing.
And those symbols are abbreviations. RF and LF mean right footed or left footed. RS, LS and BS mean right side, left side and both sides. We give RS or LS specifically when a player was/is deployed only on one side and it works only for SB, SMF and WF. If a player doesn't have a wing position, then he has BS by default.

Thank you for the clarification. Now I understand what is the difference between RF/BS and RF/RS.

Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:49 am

James9408 wrote:
Pelusa10 wrote:
RF/BS
LF/BS

I suggest looking at this forum https://www.pesmitidelcalcio.com/viewto ... 83&t=12520 for help with converting stats to the newer games. If you wish you can message me for help with it also as I have converted hundreds of players into the PES2021 standard

I recently downloaded the old versions of PES on PlayStation 2 and 3. But I am pleased to learn how to convert old statistics into updated versions.

How can I communicate with you?

Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:00 am

Pelusa10 wrote:
James9408 wrote:
I suggest looking at this forum https://www.pesmitidelcalcio.com/viewto ... 83&t=12520 for help with converting stats to the newer games. If you wish you can message me for help with it also as I have converted hundreds of players into the PES2021 standard

I recently downloaded the old versions of PES on PlayStation 2 and 3. But I am pleased to learn how to convert old statistics into updated versions.

How can I communicate with you?

I'm updating that thread about stats conversion. I analysed again several things from old and new PES versions. I should be done within this weekend.
To communicate with other users you can click the PM button you see at the end of a post. You'll be able to send a private message.

Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next