:SWI: Goerges KRAMER
:COT: Sékou TOURÉ
:FRA: Jean-Marc VALADIER
:COL: Víctor MONTAÑO
:ARG: Hugo CURIONI
:FRA: Fleury DI NALLO

FORMATION BY MILOS

ADDITIONAL IMAGES AND INFO:

Montpellier Hérault Sport Club is a French football club based in Montpellier, founded in 1919 as the Olympic Stadium Montpellier (SOM). In 1914, the notables of Montpellier create an interim committee to encourage sports in order to give birth to a sports club named the Olympic Stadium Montpellier (SOM). There are plans to build a sports park near the old maternity (Avenue of Professor Grasset today) but the beginning of World War I stopped the project. After winning the Coupe de France in 1929, Montpellier participate in the inaugural Professional National Championship in 1932 along with nineteen other clubs pioneers. The club will then alternate the Hérault seasons in Division 1 and Division 2 for thirty-seven years before collapsing in the early 1970s. When the club was bought in November 1974 by Louis Nicollin, it evolves in honor of the division of the southeast and it was under his guidance the club Herault, Montpellier then called the Littoral Paillade Sports Club will go back to the highest level in only eight seasons.

It was not until 1989 that the club adopted its present name definitively remaining so in the spirit of the French football club as a relatively young. The Montpellier HSC will then experience a period of success with a Cup victory in France in 1990 and several participations in European Cups. During the 1990-1991 season, the MHSC, led by Henryk Kasperczak is the author of a remarkable journey in Cup Winners' Cup. Opposite the first round of Romario at PSV Eindhoven, the club requires 1-0 at home thanks to Jacek Ziober then brilliantly resists outside (0-0). Before the sufficiency of the Dutch who had taken up his team, Louis Nicollin said "They took us for hams and we showed them who we were". Then erase the Montpellier Steaua Bucharest (5-0 and 3-0 away) and found in the quarterfinals the great Manchester United. The sharing Pailladins get points at Old Trafford but lost in the second leg (0-2) But in the early 2000s, the club back down in League 2 even narrowly avoiding relegation to National before Rolland Courbis Girard then do bring it back to the front of the French stage in 2010. In 2012, René Girard and his team return in club history by winning the first championship of France Montpellier HSC. The club in the first division since the 2009-2010 season, is still to this day chaired by Louis Nicollin who is also the principal shareholder. The team is currently defending champion France championship football. After moving to Park Balloons Blades and stage of its inception, the Sports Park Avenue du Pont Juvenal between 1923 and 1967 and Richter at the stage until 1974, the club moved permanently to the stage Mosson in 1976. Since 2001, the Montpellier HSC also has a women's team who plays first nationally during the 2011-2012 season.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:38 pm

I think that this team needs redoing. This is my suggestion for the first team, created from players who won the Ligue 1 title, Coupe de France and Coupe de la Ligue, but also with some players that are considered as legends and played mostly in Ligue 1 with few exceptions who played Ligue 2.

Spoiler: show
GOALKEEPERS:

:FRA: Alain DESSONS
:FRA: Geoffrey JOURDREN

DEFENDERS:

:FRA: Laurent BLANC
:BRA: Vitorino HILTON
:ROM: / :FRA: Joseph KAUCSAR
:FRA: Pascal BAILLS
:ARM: Michel DER ZAKARIAN
:BRA: Júlio CÉSAR
:FRA: Mapou YANGA-MBIWA
:FRA: Bruno CAROTTI

MIDFIELDERS:

:FRA: René DEDIEU
:ALG: Abdelkader FERHAOUI
:COL: Carlos VALDERRAMA
:FRA: Jean-Christophe ROUVIÈRE
:MOR: Younès BELHANDA
:FRA: Jean-Claude LEMOULT
:MOR: Abderrahman MAHJOUB
:FRA: Remy CABELLA

FORWARDS:

:CAM: Roger MILLA
:FRA: Olivier GIROUD
:FRA: Fabrice DIVERT
:SEN: Souleymane CAMARA
:FRA: Roger ROLHION

FORMATION 1:

GK Jourdren
SWP Blanc
CB Júlio César
CB Hilton
DMF Kaucsar
DMF Lemoult
AMF Mahjoub
AMF Valderrama
AMF Ferhaoui
CF Milla
CF Rolhion

FORMATION 2:

GK Jourdren
SWP Blanc
CB Júlio César
RB Baills
LB Lemoult
DMF Kaucsar
CMF Mahjoub
CMF Valderrama
AMF Ferhaoui
CF Milla
CF Rolhion

Looking forward to some suggestions...

Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:12 pm

Can’t say I know too much about Montpellier’s history, but agreed that this team needs an overhaul. There are currently zero players that won the only title in their history in the team.

What I can’t agree with is putting Yanga Mbiwa in the first team. The guy is one of the stupidest defenders I’ve ever seen, I’m not even sure how he made it as a professional footballer to be honest...

Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:21 pm

Quote:
What I can’t agree with is putting Yanga Mbiwa in the first team. The guy is one of the stupidest defenders I’ve ever seen, I’m not even sure how he made it as a professional footballer to be honest...

You're right, he is bad, but he played for the club in more than 200 matches and was one of the influental players in the club's greatest success. And to be honest, there are small number of players that played in that amount of matches for Montpellier on the top level. My candidate for the first team place instead of him would be Serge Blanc.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:36 pm

Souleymane Camara must be added here. At least among the reserves!

ImageImageImage

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:03 am

By the way, didn't Blanc spend the vast majority of his time at Montpellier as a midfielder?

Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:41 pm

Yes he did, but also, he started playing there as sweeper as well, and already got recognition. Also, he scored regularly from defense. I think that last four seasons in Montpellier he played as sweeper.

Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]