Free kick 2: -
Right corner: Mohamed Aboutrika | Ibrahim Hassan
Left corner: Mohamed Aboutrika
Penalty: Mohamed Aboutrika

INFO:
10 of Al Ahly's top players - Part 1
10 of Al Ahly's top players - Part 2
The 10 most prominent players

Last edited by Interista93 on Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:32 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:31 pm

So to make it clear: neither El-Fanagily or El-Khatib are good enough to make it in the best XI?
Two of the greatest (or in case of El Khatib: by far the best) players to ever emerge from Egypt sit on the bench while Khashaba and Hassan are in the best XI..

Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:54 pm

I really don’t mean to start arguments but to be honest I find it ridiculous to call El Khatib “by far” the best Egyptian player in history when Salah is in the top 3 for the Ballon d’Or (and deservedly so). Especially considering African football as a whole has improved immensely in the last 20 years, and it was downright amateurish back in the 70s. All you have to do is look at Zaire in 1974 to see that...

It’s like saying that Aulis Rytkönen was better than Jari Litmanen, obviously they are legends for their country but they probably weren’t even one of the 500 best players in the world in their era, never mind top 3.

Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:10 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
So to make it clear: neither El-Fanagily or El-Khatib are good enough to make it in the best XI?
Two of the greatest (or in case of El Khatib: by far the best) players to ever emerge from Egypt sit on the bench while Khashaba and Hassan are in the best XI..

You're absolutely right about both and especially El-Khatib. I even read about him that he was considered the best Egyptian ever and I don't really know why I left him out of the first XI. By the way I switched Khashaba and Hassan with El-Fanagily and El-Khatib.

StuartBannigan wrote:
I really don’t mean to start arguments but to be honest I find it ridiculous to call El Khatib “by far” the best Egyptian player in history when Salah is in the top 3 for the Ballon d’Or (and deservedly so). Especially considering African football as a whole has improved immensely in the last 20 years, and it was downright amateurish back in the 70s. All you have to do is look at Zaire in 1974 to see that...

Maybe right now Salah can be considered the best Egyptian ever but for many years El-Khatib has been considered as the best. Salah is recent and before him winning the African Ballon d'Or in 2017, El-Khatib was the only Egyptian to ever achieve that.

Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:18 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:

It’s like saying that Aulis Rytkönen was better than Jari Litmanen, obviously they are legends for their country but they probably weren’t even one of the 500 best players in the world in their era, never mind top 3.

I make it short: what has this OT post to do with this topic here?
Salah never played for Al Ahly, so it's totally irrelevant if he got nominated for a Ballon d'Or (not even mentioning that he didn't even deserve to be named among top 3)..
I don't even want to comment on the other stuff since it's pure bullshit. You apparently don't know anything about Rytkönen or African football and debase them by calling them all amateurs.

Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:37 pm

Obviously this is OT and I don’t want to hijack the thread any further so I’ll stop arguing but it really isn’t bullshit, and I know plenty about African football, just because someone disagrees with you doesn’t mean that they know nothing. Any Egyptian fan will tell you that the quality of African Club football has improved drastically in the 21st century, along with the international stature of African football as a whole. It just annoys me to see such blatant disregard for anything less than 20 years old, I even once saw someone say that the 54 South Korean team was better than the 02 one, despite conceding 16 goals in 2 games...

Again, I don’t want to cause any more arguments, so I’ll try and help: personally I’d switch out Gamal Abdel-Hameed (who is probably a bigger legend for Zamalek) for Hossam Ashour who is the club’s most decorated player of all time, has made over 400 appearances and has won 5 Champions Leagues. He is captain now, will surely win even more in the future and will presumably finish his career as a one club man.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:29 am

Is not OT, you said "El Khatib by far the best footballer to ever emerge from Egypt", in which you are inevitably invoking Egyptian football history, and since Salah is an Egyptian international
Bannigan's post is not longer OT, no matter how you put it.

Salah has reached a level very few AFRICANS players have reached (Let alone Egyptians), people have to suck on it and deal with it.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:09 am

El Capo wrote:

Salah has reached a level very few AFRICANS players have reached (Let alone Egyptians), people have to suck on it and deal with it.

Yes, Salah now is in the level of Weah, Abedi Pele, Drogba, Etoo... and a few more.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:57 am

Hello friends,

I was wondering if it is possible to have access to El-Hadary stats and the others that need permission.

I have newly joined as a member, though I have been visiting this website for way long before.

I just use the stats for my own, not to share or copy anywhere else.

So can anyone guide/help me about how do I access this type of stats sets.

Sat May 09, 2020 8:23 am

El-Hadary doesn’t have a set, that was a mistake. For information about the hidden sets please refer to the post “The Hidden Section” under announcements.

Sat May 09, 2020 3:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]