It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 West Germany 1954 | World Champion 

WEST GERMANY 1954

WEST GERMANY 1954 WORLD CHAMPION
From left to right: F.Walter, Turek, Eckel, Rahn, O.Walter, Liebrich, Posipal, Schäfer, Kohlmeyer, Mai and Morlock.

MANAGER: Josef "Sepp" HERBERGER

GOALKEEPERS:

1 Toni TUREK
21 Heinz KUBSCH
22 Heinz KWIATKOWSKI

DEFENDERS:

2 Fritz LABAND
3 Werner KOHLMEYER
4 Hans BAUER
5 Herbert ERHARDT
7 Josef POSIPAL
10 Werner LIEBRICH

MIDFIELDERS:

6 Horst ECKEL
8 Karl MAI
9 Paul MEBUS
11 Karl-Heinz METZNER
16 Fritz WALTER

FORWARDS:

12 Helmut RAHN
13 Max MORLOCK
14 Bernhard KLODT
15 Ottmar WALTER
17 Richard HERRMANN
18 Ulrich BIESINGER
19 Alfred PFAFF
20 Hans SCHÄFER

3-2-5/3-4-3 FORMATION:

West Germany Vs Turkey - Group Stage Game (17/06/1954)

GK TUREK
CB LABAND
CB POSIPAL
CB KOHLMEYER
DMF ECKEL
DMF MAI
SS/AMF MORLOCK
SS/AMF F.WALTER
RWF KLODT
LWF SCHÄFER
CF O.WALTER

Captain: Fritz Walter
Short Free Kick: Fritz Walter
Long Free Kick: Fritz Walter
Free Kick 2: -
Left Corner: Fritz Walter
Right Corner: Bernhardt Klodt
Penalty: Fritz Walter

Hungary Vs West Germany - Group Stage Game (20/06/1954)

GK KWIATKOWSKI
CB BAUER
CB LIEBRICH
CB KOHLMEYER
DMF POSIPAL
DMF MEBUS
SS/AMF ECKEL
SS/AMF PFAFF
RWF RAHN
LWF HERRMANN
CF/SS F.WALTER

Short Free Kick: Fritz Walter | Alfred Pfaff
Right Corner: Helmut Rahn (Taken with the left foot)

West Germany Vs Turkey - Group Stage Play-Off Game (23/06/1954)

GK TUREK
CB LABAND
CB POSIPAL
CB BAUER
DMF ECKEL
DMF MAI
SS/AMF MORLOCK
SS/AMF F.WALTER
RWF KLODT
LWF SCHÄFER
CF O.WALTER

Right Corner: Bernhardt Klodt

West Germany Vs Yugoslavia - World Cup Quarter-Final (27/06/1954)

GK TUREK
CB LABAND
CB LIEBRICH
CB KOHLMEYER
DMF ECKEL
DMF MAI
SS/AMF MORLOCK
SS/AMF F.WALTER
RWF RAHN
LWF SCHÄFER
CF O.WALTER

West Germany Vs Austria - World Cup Semi-Final (30/06/1954)

GK TUREK
CB POSIPAL
CB LIEBRICH
CB KOHLMEYER
DMF ECKEL
DMF MAI
SS/AMF MORLOCK
SS/AMF F.WALTER
RWF RAHN
LWF SCHÄFER
CF O.WALTER

West Germany Vs Hungary - World Cup Final (04/07/1954)

GK TUREK
CB POSIPAL
CB LIEBRICH
CB KOHLMEYER
DMF ECKEL
DMF MAI
SS/AMF MORLOCK
SS/AMF F.WALTER
RWF RAHN
LWF SCHÄFER
CF O.WALTER

HOME & AWAY KITS:

Image Image

Spoiler: show

Last edited by MagicDip on Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:32 am, edited 4 times in total.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:15 pm
Profile WWW

About this team and Hungary 54 (as they're the only teams from that WC from which I've seen significant footage), I'm gonna say something that many people probably won't like: their level was amateurish.

The fact that these 2 teams were battling for the supreme title in football back then says a lot about that football itself in those days. I've seen things in the footages, especially from defenders and keepers that were faaaaar away from being world class, it even prevented me from working on the concerned players if I wanted to post objective stats. I like these teams a lot as they represent the quintessence of classic football but it seems they're always remain undone in my OF...

I invite you to watch the vids available on youtube if you guys want to have an idea of what I'm talking about, if you haven't yet seen some footage concerning them of course. Then, watching games from 1958, only 4 years later it seems the nature of football had already changed with mainly more intensity on the games than before (still far from modern football) and more tactical changes.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:07 pm
Profile WWW

JeanMarc wrote:
Same goes for WC 2014, all 32 teams..

WC 2014 = Serie C (mid table teams)...

I can understand those guys from 50's since the conditions and physical evolution and training methods were poor, but for actual players there's no excuse...

The biggest tragedy are defenders. There are now very good strikers and midfielders, but central defenders are "tragicomic", no player in the world now deserves more than 87-88 for DEF...

Actually Hummels & Benatia are the only one who deserve that kind of value.....

JeanMarc wrote:
If you really want to rate them like that, than in Brazil WC 2014 team most of players should have green and white values for most of stats

Especially for the games against Holland and Germany :lol:

Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:41 pm

JeanMarc wrote:
Anyway such a posts are not helpful, it's truth some players are overrated but not so much as you insinuate.

You watched some 60-90 minutes of them because no more is available, you immediately had negative attitude even before starting to watch that footage and of course you used very low standard for them...

If you really want to rate them like that, than in Brazil WC 2014 team most of players should have green and white values for most of stats

???

Come on, I'm not targeting anybody's stats or whatsoever as I won't have a clue myself on how to rate them...
It's still possible to talk about football without threatening anyone's self-estime I hope.

My point was/is, football was really different back then, more than -we people who are used to have a certain idea of that game now- could imagine actually. A perception that one can't have only by reading the texts as for the journalists what they witnessed was the cream of football in their time -and who could blame them? It was!-, that's why I mentioned the footage. I dare to say we could have a better football-insight since we've seen the evolution of the game on the past decades.

...About actual football, I'm not fan anyway, hardly watched the last World Cup.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:52 pm
Profile WWW

I've already seen such a post you made on Godoy's site, and the mistakes you were mentioning I see every weekend when I watch Bonera, Zapata and other Milan so called "professional footballers". And it's not just Milan players, there are such an amateurish mistakes in every league...

We all know those German defenders Liebrich and Posipal were poor technically so no drama there, it's normal they made some errors when passing and trapping the ball. Despite that I don't think they need 65 for TEC and passing..
Also we know those texts of jounalists are exaggerated but there's no reason for some 10 points deductions for those old players..
I agree Germany and Hungary played poor game in that final but that's just 1 game. BTW the final of the world cup on awful pitch in redicuolous conditions. Nobody can confirm those guys played so bad each weekend...
Therefore I don't agree with some big lowerings of their stats, if you really don't like those stats, I suggest to delete them but certainly not putting - 5 on the values...

Quote:
My point was/is, football was really different back then

Yes, and don't compare it with actual game...As I told you in PM, Ocwirk's LPS was red region for that time just like Gerrard's LPS is now, Liedholm's SPS was red region for that time just like Riquelme's SPS is now. If Riquelme and Gerrard could have played in 50's their passes would look the same as Ocwirk's and Liedholm's...

I'm not saying Liedholm and Ocwirk should have red value for SPS and respectively LPS, but certainly not green value like now it's popular to do with all players before 2000's. Their actual values are fine, comparing with other players from that era..

Quote:
Anyway such a posts are not helpful

I didn't want to offend you, I wanted to say it should be better to write in certain player's thread what you think is not rated correctly, rather than calling all those players "amateurs"...

Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:39 pm
Profile WWW

In this case amateurish is nothing pejorative, they looked-like non professional if it sounds better. I don't see what's wrong in saying that, I'd say the same goes for the Frankfurt team I saw against Madrid in 1960. Btw, the Hungarian defenders looked-like worse than the Germans, just to say I'm not targeting any player in particular.

I won't compare guys who played a WC final with Bonera who couldn't earn a starting spot in all those years for Milan, let's say I'd rather compare with someone of the "same" international caliber who also played a WC final: what about Maldini? Costacurta? Cannavaro? But enough of silly comparison of players with 40/50 years football gap :mrgreen:

Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:02 pm
Profile WWW

Updated.

Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:18 pm
Profile WWW

I would like to see the stats of Hans BAUER, Karl MAI, Karl-Heinz METZNER, Uli BIESINGER and Richard HERRMANN, in order to complete the team in my OF.

Anyway thanks a lot for the team and for the players.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:49 am

artemds wrote:
I would like to see the stats of Hans BAUER, Karl MAI, Karl-Heinz METZNER, Uli BIESINGER and Richard HERRMANN, in order to complete the team in my OF.

Anyway thanks a lot for the team and for the players.

We can implement the trust/old system for some members to see hidden stats?, i also have some missing players of DDR and some african teams.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:25 am

Added formation for all games.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:50 pm

R.I.P. Horst, the last hero of the most legendary team in German history :(

Not a single team - neither NT or club - will ever have such an impact as you and your team mates had - on both our sports and our history in general.

Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]