It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Brazil All Stars 

Team created by a collaborative effort of 27DONI72, Milos, StuartBannigan and gurkenjoe93

BRAZIL ALL STARS

Honours:

FIFA World Cup

Winners (5): 1958, 1962, 1970, 1994, 2002
Runners-up (2): 1950, 1998
Third place (2): 1938, 1978
Fourth place (2): 1974, 2014

FIFA Confederations Cup

Winners (4): 1997, 2005, 2009, 2013
Runners-up (1): 1999
Fourth place (1): 2001

Copa América

Winners (9): 1919, 1922, 1949, 1989, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2007, 2019
Runners-up (12): 1921, 1925, 1937, 1945, 1946, 1953, 1957, 1959, 1983, 1991, 1995, 2021
Third place (7): 1916, 1917, 1920, 1942, 1959, 1975, 1979
Fourth place (3): 1923, 1956, 1963

COACH: Mário ZAGALLO

The best ever Brazilian players 23-man squad

GOALKEEPERS:

GILMAR
Cláudio TAFFAREL

DEFENDERS:

Mauro RAMOS
NÍLTON SANTOS
DJALMA SANTOS
BELLINI
Carlos ALBERTO
EDINHO
Roberto CARLOS

MIDFIELDERS:

DIDI
ZITO
GÉRSON
RIVELINO
ZICO
FALCÃO
TONINHO CEREZO

FORWARDS:

ZIZINHO
GARRINCHA
PELÉ
JAIRZINHO
ROMÁRIO
RONALDO
RIVALDO

RESERVES:

GOALKEEPERS:

BARBOSA
Émerson LEÃO
DIDA

DEFENDERS:

DOMINGOS DA GUIA
ORLANDO
Luís PEREIRA
OSCAR
JÚNIOR
BRANCO
ALDAIR
CAFU
LUCIO
THIAGO SILVA

MIDFIELDERS:

DANILO ALVIM
BAUER
Mário ZAGALLO
CLODOALDO
DIRCEU
SÓCRATES
DUNGA
MAURO SILVA
RONALDINHO
KAKÁ

FORWARDS:

Arthur FRIEDENREICH
LEÔNIDAS
JAIR
ADEMIR
JULINHO
VAVÁ
TOSTÃO
CARECA
BEBETO
NEYMAR

THE BEST EVER XI

GK GILMAR
CB BELLINI ©
CB MAURO RAMOS
RB DJALMA SANTOS
LB NÍLTON SANTOS
CMF DIDI
CMF FALCÃO
AMF ZICO
RWF GARRINCHA
SS PELÉ
CF ROMÁRIO

Captain: Bellini | Mauro Ramos
Short Free Kick: Zico | Didi | Garrincha
Long Free Kick: Didi | Zico
Left Corner: Zico | Didi
Right Corner: Zico | Didi
Penalty: Pelé | Zico | Romário | Djalma Santos

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:20 pm

In my PES (my judgment = functional tactical formation + technically the best. Not the biggest historically) This is my Second Brazil (put 32 players in second and third teams):

GK- Marcos
CB- Bellini
CB- Thiago Silva
RB- Leandro
LB- Junior
DMF- Toninho Cerezo
DMF- Clodoaldo
AMF- Sócrates
AMF- Ademir da Guia
SS- Tostão
CF- Leônidas da Silva

Bench:
GK- Julio Cesar, Barbosa
DF- Oscar Bernardi, Daniel Alves, Marcelo
MF- Danilo Alvim, Dino Sani
AT- Rivaldo, Jairzinho, Canhoteiro, Reinaldo, Coutinho

24 to 32:
Lúcio, Cafú, Roberto Dias, Bauer, Kaká, Julinho Botelho, Edu (Jonas Eduardo Américo), Ademir de Menezes and Careca

* In my edition of PES Brazil is the only one with a third squad (if there is any interest from someone I post here)

Regards

Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:39 pm

Domingos da Guia and Luís Pereira are better options than Edinho.

Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:25 am
Profile WWW

Some little changes I would do (trying not to change so much).

GOALKEEPERS:

● GILMAR
● Cláudio TAFFAREL (TAFFAREL, in Brazil, Claúdio is not needed)

DEFENDERS:

● Mauro RAMOS (MAURO RAMOS, both names in Caps)
● NÍLTON SANTOS
● DJALMA SANTOS
● BELLINI
● Carlos ALBERTO (CARLOS ALBERTO, both names in Caps)
● EDINHO (I would change by DOMINGOS DA GUIA or LUÍS PEREIRA)
● Roberto CARLOS (ROBERTO CARLOS, both names in Caps)

MIDFIELDERS:

● DIDI
● ZITO
● GÉRSON
● RIVELINO (RIVELLINO, double L)
● ZICO
● FALCÃO
● SÓCRATES
● TONINHO CEREZO

FORWARDS:

● ZIZINHO
● GARRINCHA
● PELÉ
● JAIRZINHO
● ROMÁRIO
● RONALDO

RESERVES:

GOALKEEPERS:

● BARBOSA
● CASTILHO
● Émerson LEÃO

DEFENDERS:

● DOMINGOS DA GUIA
● ORLANDO
● Luís PEREIRA (LUÍS PEREIRA, both in caps)
● OSCAR (There is only one right-back here, I would change OSCAR by LEANDRO or DANIEL ALVES)
● JÚNIOR
● BRANCO
● ALDAIR
● CAFU
● LUCIO
● THIAGO SILVA

MIDFIELDERS:

● DANILO ALVIM
● BAUER
● Mário ZAGALLO (only ZAGALLO, Mário is no needed)
● CLODOALDO
● DIRCEU
● DUNGA
● MAURO SILVA
● RIVALDO
● RONALDINHO
● KAKÁ

FORWARDS:

● Arthur FRIEDENREICH
● LEÔNIDAS (best known in Brazil as LEÔNIDAS DA SILVA)
● JAIR (best known in Brazil as JAIR ROSA PINTO)
● ADEMIR (best known in Brazil as ADEMIR DE MENEZES)
● JULINHO (best known in Brazil as JULINHO BOTELHO)
● VAVÁ
● TOSTÃO
● CARECA
● BEBETO
● NEYMAR

Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:44 pm
Profile WWW

There will probably never be changes in this team again, but I'm a little suspicious to see Cafu out of 23. Player with the most caps in Brazilian NT history (142 or 149 depending on the count between 1990 and 2006), 4 participations in World Cups (1994 as reserve, 1998, 2002, 2006) playing 3 finals and winning 2 titles. I'm not sure who could leave, but it's just something that's been pounding in my head.

obs: I'm not saying that someone should leave, because the trajectory of Cafu in Brazil NT coincides with Djalma Santos (1 WC as a reserve, entering the last game and another as a starter) and Carlos Alberto was gigantic in the WC 1970, and they are all equally fair options. I'm just externalizing a consideration that has certainly been done before.

Edit: I was reading the whole Topic and I saw that some agree with this, but no one broached the subject directly. So... I think it's an important point.

Last edited by Mikerdead39 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:36 am

Bola Clássica wrote:
● EDINHO (I would change by DOMINGOS DA GUIA or LUÍS PEREIRA)

I think it's fair for Edinho to be there, for the same reason as Zico and Falcão. He may not have won a World Cup, but he was EXTREMELY important to Brazil's campaigns in his time and is one of the best Brazilian CBs of all time. If I were to replace him with someone (I wouldn't, but if I were) it would be Aldair, WC Champion in 94, Copa America in 89 and 97 and Confederations Cup in 97 (and one of the best Brazilian CBs in history as well).

Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:16 am

Mikerdead39 wrote:
There will probably never be changes in this team again, but I'm a little suspicious to see Cafu out of 23. Player with the most caps in Brazilian NT history (142 or 149 depending on the count between 1990 and 2006), 4 participations in World Cups (1994 as reserve, 1998, 2002, 2006) playing 3 finals and winning 2 titles. I'm not sure who could leave, but it's just something that's been pounding in my head.

obs: I'm not saying that someone should leave, because the trajectory of Cafu in Brazil NT coincides with Djalma Santos (1 WC as a reserve, entering the last game and another as a starter) and Carlos Alberto was gigantic in the WC 1970, and they are all equally fair options. I'm just externalizing a consideration that has certainly been done before.

Edit: I was reading the whole Topic and I saw that some agree with this, but no one broached the subject directly. So... I think it's an important point.

I wouldn't replace Carlos Alberto or Djalma Santos by Cafu at all. For me this is totally out of the question.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:01 pm
Profile WWW

I found it quite difficult picking the right Centre-backs for my Brazil team. It isn't as straight forward as Germany or Italy.

All the best ones ability-wise tend to be the players who achieved less, or made less of an impact, on the national team (Thiago Silva, Lucio, Luis Pereira, and maybe Domingos da Guia).

But all the ones who achieved most aren't as good stat-wise (Mauro Ramos, Bellini, Wilson Piazza) Edinho and possibly Aldair being the exception.

Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:26 pm
Profile WWW

James9408 wrote:
I found it quite difficult picking the right Centre-backs for my Brazil team. It isn't as straight forward as Germany or Italy.

All the best ones ability-wise tend to be the players who achieved less, or made less of an impact, on the national team (Thiago Silva, Lucio, Luis Pereira, and maybe Domingos da Guia).

But all the ones who achieved most aren't as good stat-wise (Mauro Ramos, Bellini, Wilson Piazza) Edinho and possibly Aldair being the exception.

I would say the best Brazilian center-back ever in terms of quality is Domingos da Guia, followed by Luís Pereira. But yeah, none of them had great achievements with the National Team.

I guess goalkeepers and center-backs are the positions that lack more for Brazil, maybe defensive midfielder as well, that I would say Danilo Alvim was the best in this position.

Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:55 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
I would say the best Brazilian center-back ever in terms of quality is Domingos da Guia, followed by Luís Pereira.

The world saw Domingos "qualities" when he faced serious opponents for the first time in 1938 WC and couldn't keep up with any of them.

Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:07 pm

Bola Clássica wrote:
James9408 wrote:

I would say the best Brazilian center-back ever in terms of quality is Domingos da Guia, followed by Luís Pereira. But yeah, none of them had great achievements with the National Team.

I guess goalkeepers and center-backs are the positions that lack more for Brazil, maybe defensive midfielder as well, that I would say Danilo Alvim was the best in this position.

Yes it is difficult picking the "correct" players really. The best ability-wise make the team better but it looks odd, to me, having Thiago Silva, Domingos da Guia, Lucio and Luis Pereira in the team when Mauro Ramos, Bellini and Edinho aren't (although Edinho is actually really good in-game tbh). I tend to just go for a mix between the two types: Lucio, Edinho or Luis Periera, Bellini and Mauro Ramos.

And yeh Defensive-midfield can be tricky too, theres so many World-Class offensive players and you end up having to drop one (Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Tostao, Leonidas etc) in order to accomodate a DM.

Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:32 pm
Profile WWW

James9408 wrote:
Bola Clássica wrote:
James9408 wrote:

Yes it is difficult picking the "correct" players really. The best ability-wise make the team better but it looks odd, to me, having Thiago Silva, Domingos da Guia, Lucio and Luis Pereira in the team when Mauro Ramos, Bellini and Edinho aren't (although Edinho is actually really good in-game tbh). I tend to just go for a mix between the two types: Lucio, Edinho or Luis Periera, Bellini and Mauro Ramos.

And yeh Defensive-midfield can be tricky too, theres so many World-Class offensive players and you end up having to drop one (Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Tostao, Leonidas etc) in order to accomodate a DM.

Lucio had actually success with the National Team. He was a starter alongside Edmilson and Roque Junior during the WC 2002's title.

You can accomodate two central midfielders in order to keep the team more balanced without a defensive midfielder.

I would choose the same that was chosen on this topic, Falcão and Didi.

Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:07 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Lucio had actually success with the National Team. He was a starter alongside Edmilson and Roque Junior during the WC 2002's title.

You can accomodate two central midfielders in order to keep the team more balanced without a defensive midfielder.

I would choose the same that was chosen on this topic, Falcão and Didi.

Yes I know all about Lucio, its just his 2002 set isn't prime one. During his Inter days he, along with every other Brazilian at that time, offered very little for the National side. And yes I also use Falcão and Didi in the midfield. I meant dropping a player from the 23-man squad not the starting 11 :)

Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:47 pm
Profile WWW

I empathize with Castilho's story, but I don't think he deserves to be on this list. He played less than 30 games for the national team. The two cups he won he didn't even play. In 1954 he was a starter and Brazil didn't even pass the quarterfinals. Besides, he hasn't even won a Copa America.

Even if we want to consider his career in clubs (which I don't think we should do in the topic of national team stars), the period he spent at Fluminense is far from being the team's most successful period.

I would put Dida in his place. The cup he won was as a reserve (just like Castilho), but at least he played almost 100 games for the national team, he won the 1999 Copa América and the Confederations Cup in 2005.

In addition, he had a much more successful career in clubs, being featured in the 1997 Libertadores with Cruzeiro, in the 2000 World Cup with Corinthians and in Milan.

Before Castilho, I would even put Marcos, who played practically the same amount of games, but was a starter playing a lot in a Cup that Brazil won.

Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:34 am

Alisson and Ederson are up there among the greatest too, just with his European club career performance, I don't see them to be far below Dida' level of individual skill either (Ederson IMO is the greatest goalkeeper ever with the ball at his feet), though they are probably late bloomers.

Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:39 am

How about Julio Cesar? IMO he had a better peak than Castilho, Marcos and Dida and has more legacy with "Seleção" than Alisson and Ederson.

Probably Alisson's legacy will be bigger than his though.

PS: absolute number of games is unfair with the past players since there was less games during the old days. 30 vs 100 is a huge difference though.

Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next