It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Argentina All Stars 

Team created by a collaborative effort of 27DONI72, Milos, StuartBannigan and gurkenjoe93

ARGENTINA ALL STARS

Honours:

FIFA World Cup

Winners (3): 1978, 1986, 2022
Runners-up (3): 1930, 1990, 2014

FIFA Confederations Cup

Winners (1): 1992
Runners-up (2): 1995, 2005

Copa América

Winners (15): 1921, 1925, 1927, 1929, 1937, 1941, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1955, 1957, 1959, 1991, 1993, 2021
Runners-up (14): 1916, 1917, 1920, 1923, 1924, 1926, 1935, 1942, 1959, 1967, 2004, 2007, 2015, 2016
Third place (5): 1919, 1956, 1963, 1989, 2019
Fourth place (2): 1922, 1987

COACH: Guillermo STÁBILE

The best ever Argentinian players 23-man squad

GOALKEEPERS:

Amadeo CARRIZO
Ubaldo FILLOL

DEFENDERS:

Carlos SOSA
Silvio MARZOLINI
Roberto PERFUMO
Daniel PASSARELLA
Alberto TARANTINI
Oscar RUGGERI
Javier ZANETTI

MIDFIELDERS:

Luis MONTI
Antonio SASTRE
Osvaldo ARDILES
Diego MARADONA
Jorge BURRUCHAGA
Diego SIMEONE
Javier MASCHERANO

FORWARDS:

José Manuel MORENO
Adolfo PEDERNERA
Omar CORBATTA
Mario KEMPES
Gabriel BATISTUTA
Lionel MESSI
Ángel DI MARÍA

RESERVES:

GOALKEEPERS:

Rogelio DOMÍNGUEZ
Sergio GOYCOCHEA
● Emiliano MARTÍNEZ

DEFENDERS:

Ludovico BIDOGLIO
José SALOMÓN
Pedro DELLACHA
Jorge OLGUÍN
Julio OLARTICOECHEA
José Luis BROWN
Roberto SENSINI
Roberto AYALA
Juan Pablo SORÍN
● Nicolás OTAMENDI

MIDFIELDERS:

Juan EVARISTO
Rinaldo MARTINO
Néstor ROSSI
Antonio RATTIN
Miguel BRINDISI
René HOUSEMAN
Américo GALLEGO
Sergio BATISTA
Fernando REDONDO
Juan Román RIQUELME

FORWARDS:

Manuel SEOANE
Manuel FERREIRA
Carlos PEUCELLE
René PONTONI
Ángel LABRUNA
Félix LOUSTAU
Norberto MÉNDEZ
Luis ARTIME
Claudio CANIGGIA
Hernán CRESPO

THE BEST EVER XI

GK FILLOL
CB RUGGERI
SWP PASSARELLA ©
RB ZANETTI
LB MARZOLINI
DMF MONTI
CMF MORENO
CMF SASTRE
AMF MARADONA
SS MESSI
CF KEMPES

Captain: Daniel Passarella | Diego Maradona | Lionel Messi
Short Free Kick: Diego Maradona | Lionel Messi | Daniel Passarella
Long Free Kick: Lionel Messi | Daniel Passarella | Diego Maradona
Right Corner: Lionel Messi | Diego Maradona
Left Corner: Antonio Sastre | Lionel Messi
Penalty: Lionel Messi | Diego Maradona | Daniel Passarella

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:18 pm

It’s not just about quality, there’s also the fact that Burruchaga was versatile which helps cover some positions in the squad. There’s no reason for Rossi or Labruna to be there when their positions are already well covered by many players.

Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:46 pm

Maybe its time to update this team ;)

Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:43 pm

Albiceleste wrote:
Maybe its time to update this team ;)

Actually, I dont see much to change here.

Only include Otamendi among the reserves and maybe Di María in the 23.

Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:05 pm
Profile WWW

Bola Clássica wrote:
Actually, I dont see much to change here.

Only include Otamendi among the reserves and maybe Di María in the 23.

I totally agree with this. After all, most of the latest World Cup winners are still young and have more to prove.

Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:20 pm

Otamendi and di Maria are small details. He's obviously talking about Messi. Leo has done more than enough to deserve his place to the best XI. He should have been there regardless this year's World Cup. Let alone now that he represents the third star at FA's logo. He has never changed his game when wearing the Argentina shirt. He has remained the same thrilling and creative, which can be verified through his stats as well. He broke most records. Reaching all these finals is an achievement after all. Neither the result only matters nor the history is written only by the winners. Especially in a team sport like football. Also no other great player had faced the demand of winning a WC like Messi. My only objection would be him being arrogant and not fighting much for the team at the previous years, but that has apparently changed lately, that's why he got rewarded eventually imo. I don't understand the meaning of that debate with Maradona. Both thrived at their era and proved to be the greatest. Maradona had an unrepeatable WC performance. Messi had durability on the other hand. Last but not least, I read Messi's going to feature the Argentina 1000 peso banknote, if that tells something.

Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:01 pm

FanisJK7 wrote:
Otamendi and di Maria are small details. He's obviously talking about Messi. Leo has done more than enough to deserve his place to the best XI. He should have been there regardless this year's World Cup. Let alone now that he represents the third star at FA's logo. He has never changed his game when wearing the Argentina shirt. He has remained the same thrilling and creative, which can be verified through his stats as well. He broke most records. Reaching all these finals is an achievement after all. Neither the result only matters nor the history is written only by the winners. Especially in a team sport like football.

Why should he have been there instead of Batistuta before this WC? Batigol was incredibly consistent for Argentina, he had more goals at the WCs, had more international titles with the NT and unlike Leo he didn't fuck up any of the finals he played. And it's interesting how you praise Leo for all the individual things he has done but when you speak about the results (in that case the negative ones), then it's suddenly a team sport?
That's the exact hypocritical behaviour that all those Messi fanboys are showing in the last days: They don't care about Argentina, they only care about Leo. They disrespect all players who worked their asses off for the WC by saying that Argentina won that title only because of Messi. Sorry for picking out you now but your argumentation is a perfect example for that. If Argentina would have lost the final, none of those guys would have blamed Messi but his team mates instead. Now Argentina won it and yet none of those guys can even show a little bit respect for the other players. There would be no star without di Maria's efforts in the first 60 minutes of the final. There would be no star without de Paul and McAllister running various kilometres during all the games. There would be no star without Martinez' penalty saves or the reflex against Kolo Muani. There would be no star without Alvarez creating space for Leo. But hey, let's just ignore all of this because there can't be any other good/important player except Messi :roll:

FanisJK7 wrote:
Also no other great player had faced the demand of winning a WC like Messi.

Neymar in 2014, 2018 and 2022. Cristiano Ronaldo in 2010, 2014, 2018 and 2022. Ronaldinho in 2006. Cruyff in 1974. Puskas in 1954. Meazza in 1934. And those are just some examples of people who should have won it while having a realistic chance, there's plenty of other players who had similar high pressure to lead their country at the WC because they were the star of their NT. Players like Lewandowski, Ibrahimovic, Mané or Salah (to name a few recent examples) had to carry even more weight/face more pressure because everyone's eyes wre on them and they didn't have di Maria, Alvarez, de Paul or Martinez to cover their back.
And before the Messi fans now attack me: The best XI will be changed soon, the four of us already agreed on that before those things were written here.

Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:45 pm

I don't know how you figured out I suggest Messi replacing Batigol. My impression (and maybe not only mine) was that you (the authors) defined a Maradona vs Messi debate when you were composing the team. So you demanded from Leo to match Diego's achievements in order to make the first team. That's why I talked about the debate above. Imo Batigol is irreplacable and probably Sastre will have to yield. The front four should simply be like that AFA 2015 selection (Batigol upfront, Messi right wing, Diego no.10, Kempes left wing). Since you said you came to a conclusion, I hope there won't be something different than this.
I'm anything but a Messi fan, but I can recognize his efforts and achievements. Liking something and being objective about it are two different things. Moreover I didn't disrepect anybody. Messi had great support and at the same time he was a warrior like never before. It would be mad to expect him to win it all on his own. I totally agree that hypocrisy is circulating a lot and I'm really glad you point that out. However the case here is Messi and not what people think about his teammates. And Messi was by far the most valuable and pivotal player during the campaign. By the way, speaking about Emiliano, that matrix save and his general national stint make him a strong candidate for the (near) future.
About your last piece, good for your perspective, but the majority hadn't seen it that way so far. Valdano has reflected what I mean by saying Messi doesn't play to win but to be forgiven.

Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:54 pm

Hello, Argentina won the 2022 World Cup, so I think they should make some changes to the squad.

Example: Otamendi, Di Maria, etc
And Messi in the starting team, thanks

Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:21 pm

Manuelcosta562 wrote:
Hello, Argentina won the 2022 World Cup, so I think they should make some changes to the squad.

Example: Otamendi, Di Maria, etc
And Messi in the starting team, thanks

That's what's been said so far.

Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:21 pm

And maybe Emiliano “Dibu” Martínez in reserves.

Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:36 pm

Albiceleste wrote:
And maybe Emiliano “Dibu” Martínez in reserves.

I would wait until the next big performance in a major tournament. That if he even gets called-up despite his stupid attitude.

Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:43 pm

Dibu Martinez has to be in the first team, he is champion of America and world cup champion...and he was key in obtaining both titles: with his saves and the penalty shootout against Colombia, Netherlands and France. No other Argentine goalkeeper is champion of both competitions, and Carrizo was not key in obtaining great titles beyond innovations in the goal.
Lautaro Martínez must be in reserves, he is just one goal away from being the top 10 top scorers, De Paul could also enter, he was totally key in obtaining titles and is the engine of the team: if De Paul plays well, Argentina plays well, if, on the other hand, he plays badly, Argentina plays badly

Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:07 pm

Martinez in goal is a no brainer for me....

ImageImageImage

Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:46 am

Goico and no Pumpido?

Fri May 12, 2023 10:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4