DMF PIRLO
CMF JUNINHO
AMF ZICO
AMF PLATINI
SS MARADONA
CF BAGGIO

Captain: José Luis Chilavert
Short free kick: anyone
Long free kick: Ronald Koeman | Roberto Carlos | Andreas Brehme | Juninho | Andrea Pirlo
Free Kick 2: anyone
Right corner: Andrea Pirlo | Juninho | | Zico | Diego Maradona
Left corner: Andrea Pirlo | Juninho | Zico | Diego Maradona
Penalty: Ronald Koeman | Roberto Baggio | Diego Maradona

THE BEST EVER XI (free kick ability)

GK CENI
CB KOEMAN
CB MIHAJLOVIĆ
RB ARCE
LB BREHME
CMF BECKHAM
CMF JUNINHO
AMF ZICO
AMF ZOLA
AMF PLATINI ©
CF DEL PIERO

Captain: Michel Platini | Alessandro Del Piero | Rogério Ceni
Short free kick: anyone
Long free kick: Siniša Mihajlović | Ronald Koeman | Andreas Brehme | Juninho
Free Kick 2: anyone
Right corner: David Beckham | Siniša Mihajlović | Juninho | | Zico
Left corner: David Beckham | Siniša Mihajlović | Juninho | | Zico
Penalty: Ronald Koeman | Alessandro Del Piero | Rogério Ceni

Last edited by Interista93 on Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:09 am

This team was created based on researches and the players FKA stats. It's possible that I forgot someone and suggestions are welcome.
I didn't add a formation yet because I'd like a general help for it since I believe that almost any player could make it to the best XI.

Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:12 am

I expected Francisco Arce to be here, at least in the reserves, just purely based on reputation (maybe that's only based on his goal at the World Cup in 2002). Likewise with Piksi Stojkovic although the competition in the midfield is incredibly strong.

Starting XI depends on if you want the best free kick takers in the XI or if you just want the best players. If it is best players then I like this:

This team would concede 3 goals per game but I tried to incorporate the best players while somehow trying to balance the midfield.

Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:26 am

StuartBannigan wrote:
I expected Francisco Arce to be here, at least in the reserves, just purely based on reputation (maybe that's only based on his goal at the World Cup in 2002). Likewise with Piksi Stojkovic although the competition in the midfield is incredibly strong.

Starting XI depends on if you want the best free kick takers in the XI or if you just want the best players. If it is best players then I like this:

[img][img]http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2022/02/1878924_Albania.jpg[/img][/img]

This team would concede 3 goals per game but I tried to incorporate the best players while somehow trying to balance the midfield.

I have no idea how Arce isn't here. I forgot about him and I guess that I didn't properly check the players to update. He definitely has to be in the first squad since only Nelinho is mainly a right back. Brehme and Bordón can play on both sides but mainly on the left. Among the left backs, Ziege surely is the one to leave the place.
Regarding Stojković I also think it's a shame to keep him in reserves. However, I don't know who he might replace. Maybe Assunçao but he was a fantastic free kick taker.
The formation is definitely what I had in mind. A very offensive team but at least there are two defensive midfielders even though they mainly trigger the attack rather than defend.

Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:38 am

Interista93 wrote:
Regarding Stojković I also think it's a shame to keep him in reserves. However, I don't know who he might replace. Maybe Assunçao but he was a fantastic free kick taker.

Piksi isn’t in the reserves, that’s why I mentioned him :D

I think the competition is too strong for him to enter the first team but I’d say he was a better free kick taker than Solano for sure who was the worst (or “least amazing”) of those midfielders in reserves.

Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:27 am

StuartBannigan wrote:
Piksi isn’t in the reserves, that’s why I mentioned him :D

I think the competition is too strong for him to enter the first team but I’d say he was a better free kick taker than Solano for sure who was the worst (or “least amazing”) of those midfielders in reserves.

Oh, I thought he was still in reserve. I forgot I replaced him with Nakamura, who I remembered late.
The only one who might give the spot to Stojkovic is Genghini, who only has FKA +1.

Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:34 am

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/soccer/ ... e%20scored.

Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:58 am

El Capo wrote:
https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/soccer/news/lionel-messi-four-goals-short-of-diego-maradona-free-kick-record/1m9zupyy8e5h71a041ipxpy73z#:~:text=It%20must%20be%20noted%20that,of%20the%20353%20he%20scored.

I found that same ranking in another article. I haven't included Pelé and Legrotaglie because I don't know their percentage of goals scored from free kick. If Messi has less than 8% with less than 800 goals, I can imagine Pelé has more or less the same since he reportedly scored over 1000 goals. Regarding Legrotaglie, there are articles where it's said that he took free kicks even better than Maradona and Platini but it might be an exaggeration, plus I can't find the total number of goals he scored.

Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:31 am

I only can think of the quantity of goals scored, how long was his scoring streak, and for how long a player was an indisputable taker.
Messi should be here, the way he past from "he's Messi, he should take freekicks just for the sake of it" to be probably the reason why teams started to put behind the defensive wall a player on the ground in order to not get snipped if the kick taker decides to shot below the jumping players is enough reasons.

Do we even know how many goals Bassetto, Éder, Hiltl, Houghton, Şükrü, Van Den Audenaerde, Veinante, Džajić scored from freekicks?

EDIT

Formation could be a 4-3-3 with 3 SSs; Zico, Maradona and Platini have played quite deep as AMFs back then, I prefer Platini, as Zico to me seems to be more "pacy" than him in order to play on the wings.

Attack would be rather 'slow' as Zico, Platini and Baggio aren't "fast" like Ronaldinho and
Džajić.
I personally prefer more stability in defense: De Boer and Mihajlović IMO should partner Passarella in defense, but I still stick with SB' players.

Captain should be Chilavert, just because he would be less likely to come off the pitch as the others.

The kick takers? Well, all of them could take them, except Chilavert and Passarella for corners :lol:

Last edited by El Capo on Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:08 am

If you actually want kick takers for this team, I'd go with Zico on short free kicks, Juninho on long free kicks and Platini on both corner kicks. Penalties could be a few different players although I think that Koeman is the best choice (his record on transfermarkt says 102 goals and 6 misses, which is incredible).

Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:38 am

wow, you guys are really considering Chilavert over R. Ceni :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:41 am

Are these teams really cool, although I imagine it's hard to get all the players together due to the sheer amount of extraordinary free kick takers that have already existed. Intends to make others like "Fastest Players All Stars" or "Physically Strongest Players All Stars"?

Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:45 am

They'd probably draw 5-5 in every game played but at least they'd definitely win on penalties!

Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:30 am
Profile WWW

Mikerdead39 wrote:
wow, you guys are really considering Chilavert over R. Ceni :shock: :shock: :shock:

I believe that Chilavert was an overall better goalkeeper. Maybe I can add two formations, one of them including the players with the highest FKA value.

Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:03 pm

One observation - since this is the team of the best Free kick takers, I think that FKA should be the key attribute when creating the first team. So, never mind the other player qualities, first team should be created from the best ever free kick takers. Of course Chilavert was better GK than Ceni, but was he a better FK taker?

Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next