CF CHA B.K.

Captain: Hong Myung-bo | Masami Ihara
Short free kick: Shunsuke Nakamura
Long free kick: Shunsuke Nakamura
Free kick 2: Youssef al-Thunayan | Lee Young-pyo
Right corner: Shunsuke Nakamura
Left corner: Shunsuke Nakamura
Penalty: Shunsuke Nakamura

Last edited by Interista93 on Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:11 am, edited 10 times in total.

Mon May 23, 2022 11:01 pm

El Capo wrote:
Not conviced of what?

Of adding him to the team. I believe he played more for Spain than he did for Philippines and he surely didn't give the same contribution to Asian football as other players did.

Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:52 pm

I personally fail to see why winning three Asian cups is an argument for Ghelichkhani to enter first team. Cha, Son and Nakata for example never won it, is their legacy smaller because of that?
I also don't understand why Giora Spiegel was removed here. He had success in Asian football, he was even the first Asian player to succesfully settle in European top flight football.

Of adding him to the team. I believe he played more for Spain than he did for Philippines and he surely didn't give the same contribution to Asian football as other players did.[/quote]

Exactly. Despite beeing born in Philippines, he spent almost his entire life at Spain and was half Spanish after all.

Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:12 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
I personally fail to see why winning three Asian cups is an argument for Ghelichkhani to enter first team. Cha, Son and Nakata for example never won it, is their legacy smaller because of that?
I also don't understand why Giora Spiegel was removed here. He had success in Asian football, he was even the first Asian player to succesfully settle in European top flight football.

Of adding him to the team. I believe he played more for Spain than he did for Philippines and he surely didn't give the same contribution to Asian football as other players did.

Quote:
Exactly. Despite beeing born in Philippines, he spent almost his entire life at Spain and was half Spanish after all.

not only 3 asian national cups. he won club asian championship. he was most important player of iran during 3 championship in golden generation of iran football. in your opinion everything is playing in europe. with your standard ali karimi should be in first team because he played for bayern munchen.

Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:49 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:

and why 3 cups is not enough??
ghelichkhani won 3 .it means more than israel(1 cup) , south korea(2 cups) , china(0 cup) and equal with saudi arabia(3 cups)

Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:57 pm

Quote:
not only 3 asian national cups. he won club asian championship. he was most important player of iran during 3 championship in golden generation of iran football. in your opinion everything is playing in europe. with your standard ali karimi should be in first team because he played for bayern munchen.

Playing in Europe is one thing, succesfully beeing a starter in European football is another thing. And that's exactly what I wrote here:

gurkenjoe93 wrote:

And yes, succesfully playing in Premier League (Son, Park), Bundesliga (Cha, Hasebe, Kagawa, Okudera, Mahdavikia), Ligue 1 (Spiegel) and Primera Division (Revivo, Aouate) or Serie A (Nagatomo) of course is worth much more than playing in Asia only.

Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:59 pm

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Quote:

Playing in Europe is one thing, succesfully beeing a starter in European football is another thing. And that's exactly what I wrote here:

gurkenjoe93 wrote:

And yes, succesfully playing in Premier League (Son, Park), Bundesliga (Cha, Hasebe, Kagawa, Okudera, Mahdavikia), Ligue 1 (Spiegel) and Primera Division (Revivo, Aouate) or Serie A (Nagatomo) of course is worth much more than playing in Asia only.

you know nothing about past football. in the past not all good players had conditions to go europe. for example majed abdullah and mohammad al-deayea and even players like pelle , nilton santos and carlos alberto and e.t.c never played in europe.
and how about ali karimi? play for bayern munchen. asian national cup top scorer. and asian player of the year. is this enough?
or taremi and azmoun? top scorers of portugal and russia league???

Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:19 am

dariush99 wrote:
you know nothing about past football. in the past not all good players had conditions to go europe. for example majed abdullah and mohammad al-deayea and even players like pelle , nilton santos and carlos alberto and e.t.c never played in europe.
and how about ali karimi? play for bayern munchen. asian national cup top scorer. and asian player of the year. is this enough?
or taremi and azmoun? top scorers of portugal and russia league???

Accusing of knowing nothing about past football is a bit much. Of course many old players didn't have a chance to play in Europe and others had the chance but refused the offer. The fact is, "playing in Europe" isn't the only criteria. The team is a mix of Asian players who were successful in Europe, who made a lot of appearances with their national team, who won numerous trophies, who are considered among the best ever from their countries, who were the best in the continent in specific years, etc. All that while I tried to represent as much countries as I could. Mehdi Taremi and Sardar Azmoun will possibly make it to the team in the future, especially Azmoun.

Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:25 am

Brazilian league at the time of Pele, Nílton Santos and other Brazilians was probably top 3 in the world by level back the, not the same even if they faced some political restrictions.

Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:55 pm

I don't see space for Ghelichkhani. Rezaei is ahead of him and even he is not first team worthy IMO. Being Asian champion is a poor argument in this context because the play level of football in Asia was never that high. It doesn't mean it shouldn't count, but it's not enough.

Paulino Alcántara is on my personal team, but I agree it is debatable. My criteria for those All Stars teams only consider nationality. For the same reason I have Craig Johnston on my Oceania Stars team, even if he never played for the Australian NT. That's just MY criteria, though.

Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:46 pm

Al-Naima could replace Al-Khilaiwi, he was easily better than him, and definitely the best Saudi defender, he can replace Zubromawi in the starting XI too. And Al-Thunayan should be in the first team as he was probably the best player in Asia during the 90s. Zheng Zhi is easily the most replaceable but that leaves very few defensive midfield options, so maybe he should replace Revivo. I'd still switch Zheng for Endo, though. Both were some of the best and most successful players in Asian football for a long time, but I think Endo was a better player and he was obviously more successful in international football.

Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:54 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
Al-Naima could replace Al-Khilaiwi, he was easily better than him, and definitely the best Saudi defender, he can replace Zubromawi in the starting XI too. And Al-Thunayan should be in the first team as he was probably the best player in Asia during the 90s. Zheng Zhi is easily the most replaceable but that leaves very few defensive midfield options, so maybe he should replace Revivo. I'd still switch Zheng for Endo, though. Both were some of the best and most successful players in Asian football for a long time, but I think Endo was a better player and he was obviously more successful in international football.

Agree. I made that argument for Saleh too, he should be ahead of the other Saudi defenders. I also changed my mind on Ghelichkhani. After some more research, not only he seems to be praised higher the Rezaei, he can also play as DM, in which Asia is lacking. The other changes you proposed seems to be more of personal opinion. I don't see a problem with Revivo and Zheng Zhi being on the first team.

Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:35 pm

jcklein wrote:
Agree. I made that argument for Saleh too, he should be ahead of the other Saudi defenders. I also changed my mind on Ghelichkhani. After some more research, not only he seems to be praised higher the Rezaei, he can also play as DM, in which Asia is lacking. The other changes you proposed seems to be more of personal opinion. I don't see a problem with Revivo and Zheng Zhi being on the first team.

I agree that Zheng Zhi could remain in the first team, but it's true that Endō was undoubtedly a better and more accomplished player. And to throw another info, he's one of two Asian players with more than 1000 official appearances ─ the other one is Kazuyoshi Miura ─ but Endō actually has more than 1100.
What bothers me is the fact that I haven't included a single player from the United Arab Emirates. I believe that at least one from the "golden era" can be here. I guess I'll have to check the reserves at some point.

Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:14 pm

Interista93 wrote:
jcklein wrote:

I agree that Zheng Zhi could remain in the first team, but it's true that Endō was undoubtedly a better and more accomplished player. And to throw another info, he's one of two Asian players with more than 1000 official appearances ─ the other one is Kazuyoshi Miura ─ but Endō actually has more than 1100.
What bothers me is the fact that I haven't included a single player from the United Arab Emirates. I believe that at least one from the "golden era" can be here. I guess I'll have to check the reserves at some point.

Yeah, either one is fine for me. The one player I'm still missing though is Javad Nekounam. He is first team worth material but is not even on reserves. He is also one of the few asian DMs with good experience and success on a top European league.

UAE is another one of those countries I have little to no knowledge about their football history, so I can't help here.

Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:28 am

Don't understand why Li Tie is here, he had one good season at Everton and that's it. Even apart from that I wouldn't rank him over Rong Zhixing, Ma Mingyu or Shao Jiayi.
Since Parvin mainly played in midfield, he should be among midfielders in reserves and IMO Taremi should be here nowadays. Maksim Shatskikh also should be considered, at least more than Piyapong or even Okazaki. Ali Al-Habsi might also be worth discussing here.
What wonders me as well: You have Uchida and Tetsuji Hashiratani in reserves here but in Japan AS the latter isn't even in first team while you chose Horiike (who isn't even in reserves here) over Uchida as Japan's starting RB. Any particular reason for that?
Btw, I fully agree with this:
Quote:
I don't rate Nakata that highly tbh but I guess on "reputation" he should be here even though I think Kagawa was comfortably better than him at his peak.

He was better than both Nakata and Nakamura (still waiting for a proper set Stuart :D ) but IMO Nakata is the most overrated Japanese player. Don't misunderstand me, he was a good footballer but a) his peak didn't last that long and b) he build big part of his repuation on his popularity off the pitch (kinda similar to Beckham who he was often compared with).

Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:01 am

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Don't understand why Li Tie is here, he had one good season at Everton and that's it. Even apart from that I wouldn't rank him over Rong Zhixing, Ma Mingyu or Shao Jiayi.
Since Parvin mainly played in midfield, he should be among midfielders in reserves and IMO Taremi should be here nowadays. Maksim Shatskikh also should be considered, at least more than Piyapong or even Okazaki. Ali Al-Habsi might also be worth discussing here.
What wonders me as well: You have Uchida and Tetsuji Hashiratani in reserves here but in Japan AS the latter isn't even in first team while you chose Horiike (who isn't even in reserves here) over Uchida as Japan's starting RB. Any particular reason for that?

I must admit that Hashiratani probably makes no sense and should be replaced by Horiike. I also agree with you about Al-Habsi, Shatskikh and Taremi in reserves. There are so many valid players and I'm sure that more are missing.

gurkenjoe93 wrote:
Btw, I fully agree with this:
Quote:
I don't rate Nakata that highly tbh but I guess on "reputation" he should be here even though I think Kagawa was comfortably better than him at his peak.

He was better than both Nakata and Nakamura (still waiting for a proper set Stuart :D ) but IMO Nakata is the most overrated Japanese player. Don't misunderstand me, he was a good footballer but a) his peak didn't last that long and b) he build big part of his repuation on his popularity off the pitch (kinda similar to Beckham who he was often compared with).

Given that I considered the overall careers and not only achievements with the NT for this Asia AS, Nakata can definitely be replaced. Actually, I was thinking about replacing someone with Al-Thunayan anyway.

Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next