CF PUKKI

Captain: Jari Litmanen | Sami Hyypiä | Tim Sparv
Short free kick: Jari Litmanen
Long free kick: Jari Litmanen
Free kick 2: Aulis Rytkönen
Right corner: Jari Litmanen
Left corner: Jari Litmanen
Penalty: Jari Litmanen | Teemu Pukki

Last edited by Interista93 on Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:01 pm

Interista93 wrote:
luti65 wrote:
Suggestions:
Spoiler: show
GOALKEEPERS:

● Juusi JÄÄSKELÄINEN
● Antti NIEMI or Lukáš HRÁDECKÝ

DEFENDERS:

● Erkka PETÄJÄ - RB
● Max VIINIOKSA - RB
● Sami HYYPIÄ - CB
● Hannu TIHINEN - CB
● Arto TOLSA - CB/SWP/CF
● Niklas MOISANDER - CB
● Petri PASANEN - RB/LB/CB
● Kari UKKONEN - CB/DMF

MIDFIELDERS:

● Aki RIIHILAHTI - DMF
● Mika VÄYRYNEN - CMF
● Stig-Göran MYNTTI - CMF
● Teemu TAINIO - CMF/DMF/RB/RW
● Roman EREMENKO - AMF
● Jari LITMANEN - AMF
● Aulis RYTKÖNEN - /AMF/SS

FORWARDS:

● Joonas KOLKKA - RWF/LWF
● Juhani PELTONEN - SS/AMF/WF
● Ari HJELM - SS/AMF
● Mikael FORSSELL - CF
● Teemu PUKKI - CF/SS
● Aatos LEHTONEN - CF
● Tommy LINDHOLM - SS

Thanks for the suggestions, although it'd be better if you explained your choices. As I already mentioned in a previous post, a draft for this team has already been done. I guess there will be an update in the future. Of course HRÁDECKÝ has to be in the first team. The team also needs two proper left backs, possibly Aki LAHTINEN and Esko RANTA. Eino SOINIO has to be in the first squad as he was possibly the most prominent Finnish player in the first half of the XX century. Also, I see Jonas KOLKKA more as a midfielder rather than forward and RYTKÖNEN can be moved there as well to leave space for SOINIO and Tim SPARV (84 caps and captain in Finland only international tournament so far should be enough to earn him a spot). Teemu TAINIO and Mika VÄYRYNEN can be in the reserves at most. The same goes for Aatos LEHTONEN.

among the research I did on the NT teams that I'm leaving the suggestions, these were the most chosen players because they were the ones that stood out the most, in a blog there's a lot explained about each one of them and the 23 selected.
forum: https://soccerfootballwhatever.blogspot ... -time+team

Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:39 am

luti65 wrote:
among the research I did on the NT teams that I'm leaving the suggestions, these were the most chosen players because they were the ones that stood out the most, in a blog there's a lot explained about each one of them and the 23 selected.

I also use that blog as a source but you shouldn't rely in one single article. Does this guy make all star teams for PES? He didn't select a single proper left back. He had to deploy PASANEN as left back as he's the only who could play in that position. Then what? There's no replacement for him. Moreover, I don't see that much of explanations in the article. He mostly mentions the clubs the players played for, the number of international appearances and goals, the fact that he doesn't know much about the players he didn't choose. The only defender I didn't include in my draft is TIHINEN but considering that PASANEN played many matches with Finland as right or left back, I guess he can be in the team.

Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:01 am

I believe Moisander can play at LB too, although he did it more often earlier in his career if I remember correctly.

Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:32 am

jcklein wrote:
I believe Moisander can play at LB too, although he did it more often earlier in his career if I remember correctly.

That's true but I wouldn't keep him in the first squad. He had a good club career but I personally don't see his NT career on the same level.

Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:48 am

Interista93 wrote:
luti65 wrote:

I also use that blog as a source but you shouldn't rely in one single article. Does this guy make all star teams for PES? He didn't select a single proper left back. He had to deploy PASANEN as left back as he's the only who could play in that position. Then what? There's no replacement for him. Moreover, I don't see that much of explanations in the article. He mostly mentions the clubs the players played for, the number of international appearances and goals, the fact that he doesn't know much about the players he didn't choose. The only defender I didn't include in my draft is TIHINEN but considering that PASANEN played many matches with Finland as right or left back, I guess he can be in the team.

there is not much information about finnish players, everything I researched mentioned these as the best players, here it also talks about who played the most for finland and who scored the most: https://www.transfermarkt.com.br/finnla ... erein/3443
Mixu PAATELAINEN was left out and could be discussed to be among the 23

Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:12 pm

luti65 wrote:
there is not much information about finnish players, everything I researched mentioned these as the best players, here it also talks about who played the most for finland and who scored the most: https://www.transfermarkt.com.br/finnla ... erein/3443

Goals alone aren't the only criteria to consider. RYTKÖNEN, for example, scored 7 goals, meaning he's not in the top 25 but he can't be left out. Regarding Mixu PAATELAINEN, he wasn't as consistent with the NT as much as Mikael FORSSELL and Teemu PUKKI in terms of scoring rate, Ari HJELM and Jonatan JOHANSSON in terms of longevity with the NT. Personally, I would choose even Joel POHJANPALO over Mixu.
Also, it's not true that there aren't info about Finnish players. This website is just one example: https://www.suomenjalkapallomuseo.fi/4 . Of course, sometimes you have to look up for articles in the native language of the country and use the translator.

Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:23 pm

Interista93 wrote:
luti65 wrote:

Goals alone aren't the only criteria to consider. RYTKÖNEN, for example, scored 7 goals, meaning he's not in the top 25 but he can't be left out. Regarding Mixu PAATELAINEN, he wasn't as consistent with the NT as much as Mikael FORSSELL and Teemu PUKKI in terms of scoring rate, Ari HJELM and Jonatan JOHANSSON in terms of longevity with the NT. Personally, I would choose even Joel POHJANPALO over Mixu.
Also, it's not true that there aren't info about Finnish players. This website is just one example: https://www.suomenjalkapallomuseo.fi/4 . Of course, sometimes you have to look up for articles in the native language of the country and use the translator.

I agree with everything, I researched what was within my reach and remembering that they are just ''suggestions'' to update.

Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:46 pm

Interista93 wrote:
luti65 wrote:

How can you leave the legend MIKA MATTI MIXU out of the team? :lol:

Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:02 pm

jcklein wrote:

He's a legend in Scotland due to his time in Scottish clubs. However, his national team career was just alright in my opinion.
The only good thing about it is his record for most goals scored for Finland in one match and that was against San Marino of all teams.

Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:09 pm

Interista93 wrote:
jcklein wrote:

He's a legend in Scotland due to his time in Scottish clubs. However, his national team career was just alright in my opinion.
The only good thing about it is his record for most goals scored for Finland in one match and that was against San Marino of all teams.

I was joking! I'm def not against him out of the first team.

Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:59 pm

StuartBannigan wrote:
Maybe Hrádecky too since he’s been one of the best and most successful Finnish players in recent times.

I would say yes.
and I would definitely put Pukki in the 23

Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2